The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Heavy Equipment?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Redƒox

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 8:27 pm    Post subject: Heavy Equipment? Reply with quote

Hello again! Very Happy Yes were back and all that... tired, don't feel like were actually home yet and a little gassy to boot Embarrased ...

Anyway; It looks as if we found our new home and now we need a good backhoe with a loading/dozing blade Exclamation Idea Anyone out there that knows more than I do about what to look for (I know nothing about landscaping equipment Neutral ) Hope to find it used (of course)

Going to put in an orchard, and dig for a foundation for my new shop Love . Looks like I'm stuck as "mechanic" for the rest of my life here Cry Disgust ) Really hope to be part-time farmer to some day Thumbs Up

Sorry bout the waay-off topic Embarrased Just pretend it's the "pub hour" here... Wink
Da Nag

City/Region: Port Angeles
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 1995
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruise Ship
Vessel Name: Wilbur
Photos: Da Boats
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Bub!

Check out the TractorByNet Forums - all you could ever want to know about such things... Mr. Green

TyBoo

City/Region: Warrenton
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 1996
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruise Ship
Vessel Name: TyBoo
Photos: TyBoo
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Landscaping? Part time farmer? Next thing you'll be telling us you're getting married. You can just slap a blade on the front of one of them snow machines and a ripper on the back.

So let's here about this new place? You are really moving, huh?

Good to hear from you.

toothy

City/Region: Seward
State or Province: AK
C-Dory Year: 1991
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 11:51 pm    Post subject: new toys Reply with quote

Last fall I looked all over south central for a nice back-hoe. Most are worn out or new and over priced. Pick up a heavy equiptment trader news paper. Look in the online papers around the state and the Denali credit union on line ad's.

Also most importantly be patient and look in your back yard, or your new back yard is even better. The wife told me to be patient and one turned up 2 miles from the house, older Cat 416B but pristine, 4wd, extendahoe, chains, cab, and low hours.

She had the same advice on a boat and we got a great one ( Thanks 3rd byte), just needed to grow some patience.

I need to go check out the South East if it pulled you away from the big city and PWS. We went for a tour North this week, it was nice but I think we will stay around here. We did the Denali Hwy where for 100+ miles they consider any rock under 12 inches road gravel!

Did you do any crabbing or shrimping?

Wade
Redƒox

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow... there's still magic in the Pub Beer Cigar Mr. Green thnx much for that great site Bill. Mike, if we end up with this place, were going to finally have enough room for guest Thumbs Up your invited of course Cool . I hope we get many visitors... thing is; I don't see any "spare time" for a while yet... Neutral less anyone wants to come and help finnish the place Idea Very Happy hehehe Mr. Green
Now, we ain't by the water like I sorta wanted, but I do have about 50 less miles (round trip) to go to plop-baby in water. I don't compare to the PWS (nothing does) till you get out near Juneau and farther towards Glacier Bay (which is about 90 miles from our port (thats all I'm giving out on the message boards Wink hehehe Mr. Green ) One can own more land away from the waterfront, and it's more dry and hotter (more sun to Hot ) in the valley (Better farming maybe Neutral )

Toothy; thats great info for me... I hear exactly what your saying Wink I'll have to pop a pic of this little tractor the man has already on the property. It does not dig, and I don't know if it's worth putting much into to get it that way... Neutral The orchard is going in as soon as we get a good digger. I hope your right about finding one down there, but if not and if ya see one here---do let us know Thumbs Up here or there ~ redfoxgreg@yahoo.com

This 5-week-long-trip all through the southeast was a real eye opener and took great patience!! Just plum wore us out at times. I have a lot of mixed feelings for realtors. They were of great help and all, but we found our place soon as the "private sale" sign hit the street Exclamation I see they have a lot of difficult propertys on there hands and some have major issues like bad foundations or water issues (too many hillbillys built during the "boom-days") hehehe
Disgust Laughing ) the southeast is full of that!

Maybe thats too much chatter from me today, but i need to take short-cuts for I have little time lately for the web and email Sad We'll be in touch Smile
Redƒox

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably gonna have ta pass on this one, but any comments would be appreciated Smile
Bearbait

City/Region: North Pole
State or Province: AK
C-Dory Year: 1991
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's hard to tell much about the tractor, it looks awful old but that may just be the salt air rust. I wouldn't count on doing much heavy dirt work with this tractor. If you've got lots of work to do it may be cheaper to rent equipment to do the initial dirt work. Old heavy equipment can get expensive to maintain.
B~C

City/Region: Bend
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 1999
Vessel Name: Blue~C
Photos: Blue~C
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Westerndorf? what the bejeezus is a Westerndork....unless you really want a 4x4, I'd suggest hunting down an old Ford 8N, the're a good, popular old tractor with decent parts availability. If a full on backhoe is more to your likin, Case's are a pretty good value. Here's a good place to look and dream http://www.machinerytrader.com/default.asp?guid=9500c763c31a425287418e28843f2e49

How far south are you moving Farmer Greg? Do you have the straw hat and bib overalls yet?

SENSEI

City/Region: Stanwood
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 1995
C-Dory Model: 22 Angler
Vessel Name: SENSEI
Photos: SENSEI and SERENITY
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Westendorf is a company that makes loaders for the aftermarket. they are a good loader but a little lite duty for a lot of digging stumps and etc. we had one but it was a heavy duty one and I was still welding occasionaly.

I would think that a old ford 8n or 9n would be to light for putting a loader on it that would do much .

gotta go for now. if you have any ??? you can PM me later

1993 22 Cruiser (sold 2014)
1995 22 Angler (acquired 2016)
1983 22 Classic (sold 2017)
Redƒox

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BC funny as hell again Xmas Naughty But this is just the info I am needin Wink I wanna know if it's a "POS" or not. I'm sure it made a hell of a snow remover Smile probby drags stuff OK to, but really needin to do some diggin Smile mostly.

Just movin to the northern area of the southeast AK. I'll still be ridin in winter to Xmas Eek Mr. Green
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: