View previous topic :: View next topic  
rogerbum

City/Region: Kenmore
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 255 Tomcat
Vessel Name: Meant to be
Photos: SeaDNA
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 7:09 pm    Post subject: Posting of detailed travel schedules and personal info Reply with quote

All,

I've seen a number of posts with fairly detailed travel information relating to cruising plans etc. For some of those making these posts, I have also seen (in other posts) addresses, real names and sometimes phone numbers. I have to admit that I am a bit concerned for my fellow C-brats since the power of the search tool could allow a less than friendly person put two and two together - e.g. both your address and when you will be gone. Sounds like a potential recipe for a robbery...

I may be out of place here, but I'd like to encourage us all to think a little bit more about how we communicate our travel plans to each other and what other personal information we may have disclosed elsewhere in the forums. There are times when a PM (or perhaps numerous PM's) might be a better approach.

Roger on the SeaDNA

Alyssa Jean

City/Region: Guemes Is.(Anacortes)
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Vessel Name: Alyssa Jean
Photos: Anna Leigh and Alyssa Jean
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the heads up. I forgot to mention that Kate will be home guarding the empty boat garage with her double gauge.

Alyssa Jean 16 Angler
Anna Leigh 22 Cruiser Sold 2005
Anna Leigh 25 Cruiser Sold 2014

K7KJR C-Brats #51
DaveS

City/Region: Arlington
C-Dory Year: 2004
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Sea Shift
Photos: Sea Shift
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roger,
That is very true! Not long ago I became aware of a new search engine site. All I had to do was type in my name and it displayed all the individuals on "its' file" that had my same name. I was near the top of the list complete with my address, phone number and date of birth (although the date of birth was in error by a couple of years). Then the file instructed me to click on my address and it displayed a satellite photo of our property. The photo even showed our new shop (boat house) that we just completed building this past October.
I've seen other sites with satellite photos of our place but no photos as recent as this and this photo was located by merely typing in my name.

C-Brat #16
rogerbum

City/Region: Kenmore
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 255 Tomcat
Vessel Name: Meant to be
Photos: SeaDNA
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anna Leigh wrote:
Thanks for the heads up. I forgot to mention that Kate will be home guarding the empty boat garage with her double gauge.

I assume with her double gauge in one hand and a Dave special fish whacker in the other... Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: