The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Boat Names
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rhys

City/Region: Lake Union, Seattle
C-Dory Year: 1987
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Island Flyer
Photos: Island Flyer
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Margaret and are particularly fond of the San Juan Islands and have a small piece of property Stuart Island where we are building a cabin. It's only accessible by boat or plane. I am a relatively new pilot that has found my love for flying is similar to boating. The first time I powered up the C-Dory and it went on step I got the same feeling as when you sit at the end of a grass strip and give full throttle for take off. There is an exhilaration of knowing you are going somewhere really wonderful and you control where that somewhere is. That was genesis of "Island Flyer".
robl132

City/Region: Pittsburg, Calif.
State or Province: CA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 16 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Poodie
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yahoo, whoopee, we pick up our brand new 16 cruiser 6/9/05. I've got so many toys to install on her. Francesca and I have decided to call her
"little Poodie". When I first showed her to wifey, she said "what a cute little poodie boat!" Sooooo.... Poodie she is.

Rob CoolSmile

Last edited by robl132 on Fri Jun 10, 2005 1:59 am; edited 1 time in total
gljjr

City/Region: Fall City
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 1982
C-Dory Model: 27 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Migratory Dory
Photos: gljjr
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well as I stated in the "Migratory Dory" thread we are naming the boat this due to its migratory status around the US. It may not have as many miles as the Halcyon but it is finally coming home to the Seattle area.

My wife Sharie and I were talking about names a few months ago trying to name the "Sled" and never came up with anything we liked. Then when I told her about the C-Dory we talked about names again as we were reading all the various names people had used. Finally she came up with this and that fit the boat so that is what it is. Smile

MOOSE

City/Region: Rainy Lake - Int'l. Falls
State or Province: MN
C-Dory Year: 2001
Vessel Name: MOOSE
Photos: MOOSE
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our C-Dory came to us in the fall, slightly used and unnamed. We had never had a boat before that had required a name. We spent the whole winter penciling prospective names on a list taped to the side of the refrigerator. Some were too multi-syllabic, some too pretentious, some too esoteric, and some too silly. And we wanted one easily understood by the Coast Guard in case we ever had to issue a MAYDAY. MOOSE was the one that passed these tests. It’s also a name characteristic of where we live and travel. Our C-Dory is somewhat slow and lumbering, yet also infinitely capable. And one can usually find us at the end of some back bay. In the early 1900s there was also a steam tug named the MOOSE that plied the waters of Rainy Lake; see our album for a photo of it. It also had antlers mounted over the pilot house and now so do we. The old MOOSE was known to have been run over Kettle Falls, a ten-foot drop at the east end of the lake, on a bet over a bottle of whiskey. It survived. Too bad there’s a dam there now.
gotjm3

City/Region: Middle River
State or Province: MD
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: C's the Day
Photos: C's the Day
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well... Carpe Diem=Seize the Day (most notably uttered by Caesar Augustus... perhaps?, but we completely agree with that concept whomever said it). And since every every day on a C-Dory is most certainly "seized" for the better, our C-Dory is called "C's the Day"... And we do, seize the day on our C-Dory, that is.

As an aside, after we picked the name, we saw in a Boat US magazine that the name "Seas the Day" is one of the most popular boat names. Glad ours is different. Hate to be like everyone else!

Cheers,

Hailing from Middle River, MD
(A drinking town with a boating problem...)
JudyBlueEyes

City/Region: Sandy Hook, Whidbey Island, WA
C-Dory Year: 1987
Vessel Name: Judy Blue Eyes
Photos: Judy Blue Eyes
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 7:22 pm    Post subject: Boat names Reply with quote

When we moved to Whidbey Island, John knew that we were going to get a boat of some kind. Luckily we found Les and the C- Dory that we bought. We have always been fans of Crosby, Stills, Nash, and yes even Young. John always tells me that I have the bluest eyes of any he has seen, and of course, my name is Judy. John talked about naming a boat Judy Blue Eyes before we even had a boat, so there was no question about what our c-dory would be named.
Sneaks

City/Region: San Diego (Encinitas)
State or Province: CA
C-Dory Year: 1993
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Vessel Name: C-Brat
Photos: Jenny B and C-Brat
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seeing as this is a boat naming thread, I think it's time to throw in a boat owner who only has seconds to live. Smile

Pat Anderson

City/Region: Birch Bay, WA
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Daydream
Photos: Daydream and Crabby Lou
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don - some of us, who have been married 37 years and are planning to make it to 38, are not permitted see "just what is so funny about that????"
Sneaks wrote:

DAYDREAM - CD25 Cruiser
CRABBY LOU - CD16 Angler (sold 2020)
Pat & Patty Anderson, C-Brat #62!
http://daydreamsloop.blogspot.com

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: