The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

07/12 - 07/15 - James River Trip 2013
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sea Angel

City/Region: Virginia Beach, VA
State or Province: VA
Photos: Sea Angel
PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To the James River Cruisers;

I received this e-mail from Duffy Perkins, assoc. Editor of PropTalk Magazine:

Sent: Tuesday, June 25, 2013 1:48 PM
To: ka1rx@verizon.net
Subject: James River trip

Hi Art,

I found your email address on the c-brats forum and wanted to reach out to you. We’re interested in
covering your July trip on the James River, if you’d be willing to take some pictures and send us your
cruising club notes. It sounds like a great trip, and we’d love to get it in PropTalk if possible!

Thanks so much – let me know if you have any questions.

Duffy Perkins

Associate Editor, SpinSheet and PropTalk Magazines

612 Third St, Suite 3C
Annapolis, Maryland 21403
410-216-9309
www.spinsheet.com
www.proptalk.com

duffy@spinsheet.com
duffy@proptalk.com

WELL....
I'm still awaiting to have my CD25's AC serviced and modified, else I would be delighted to help in this project.
With so much up in the air for me, I don't want to wait till the last minute to 'reach out' to see if there is anyone who could assist in this effort.
I don't think we would want to pass up this opportunity to 'show off' our "pocket cruisers".

I can help on any collection, posting or editing of the pixs, if that would make it easier.
I'm still hopefull that we can make this cruise.

Art

CBRAT #208
2005 CD25 #075 SEA ANGEL (SOLD)
USCGAUX (RET), USN(RET)
Broadcast TV ENG(RET)
ka1rx@verizon.net
nmitch2859

City/Region: virginiabeach
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Delfin
Photos: Delfin
PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to know what time we are going to meet in Smithfield. Then I can plan on a time to leave Vining's Landing Marina. Any ideas would be nice. I was thinking about leaving Vining's Landing about day break. That is when the water is the calmest. Still looking forward to the trip, vacation time approved. Food bought. Systems checked. Water heater does not work, will trouble shoot after trip. Thumbs Up Smile Thanks Neal (Delfin)
Sea Angel

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Neal;
Me, again.
You may not need the water heater with the temps as they are projected.
There is a reset on the heater, if I remember right, as well as a 15A ckt breaker on the main A-C PWR Panel.
There are also showers at each scheduled stop, as far as I know, if that helps.

It is probably a good idea to leave in the AM to cross the Ches. Bay.
I suspect there will be T'Storms in the PM Thursday and Friday, but this has to be watched.
I normally try to follow the 5 & 10 day forcast on the WEB.
Though it is still too early to tell how this WX will play by the end of the week, I'm still hopeful, despite the showers projected.

Art
srbaum

City/Region: Portsmouth
C-Dory Model: 26 Venture
Vessel Name: Osprey
Photos: Osprey
PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:29 pm    Post subject: Dinner for Thursday Night Reply with quote

If you will be at my dock the evening before the James River trip or are in the Hampton Roads area, Joan is hosting a dinner for those that can make it at our house. She asked me to get a head count for planning, so that we can prepare for your arrival. We would like for you to be here around 6 PM.
Best regards,
Steve Baum
C: 757-477-1453

OSPREY (Ex ADITI) 2007 26 Cape Cruiser 2018
stclairgal

City/Region: St Clair Shores
State or Province: MI
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Dragonfly
Photos: Dragonfly
PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:09 pm    Post subject: James River trip Reply with quote

Hi everyone!
Wolfgang and I are really looking forward to our first C-brat outing. We only have Friday through Sunday, but it should be a great time - sure hope the weather is decent.
Joan and Steve, we gladly accept your gracious invitation for Thursday evening. I will try to make it on time; I'll meet Wolfgang there after work.
Art: that is exciting that PropTalk wants to feature the C-brats in an article! I will try to take some pics of the first part of the trip.
Look forward to meeting everyone!
Joyce

Sea Angel

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry gang;
I just found out that Sea Angel will not be ready for the trip and the A/C service won't be available till 22 July unless there is a service cancellation.

I hope to see everyone at Steve's to share some 'stories' and great fellowship; and, yes, some fine hosptality and food. Thanks, Steve & Joan for hosting this.

Art & Jan
Munchkin

City/Region: Washington
State or Province: NC
C-Dory Year: 2010
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Munchkin
Photos: Munchkin
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:32 am    Post subject: James River trip 2013 Reply with quote

Hello All, Ernie and I will not be able to make the trip My work schedule is to blame. We are sorry to miss it. I hope we will see everyone in Sept. in NC

Erma and Ernie

Pandy Girl

City/Region: Westfield, NC
Vessel Name: Pandy Girl
Photos: Pandy Girl
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just heard that Muncklin Might make the trip on the James River, that is Great looking forward to seeing the James River & some of the Sights of the Early Selters in Va
Pandy Girl

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great Dinner at Steve & Joans to night, several C-Brats there, Starting our James River Cruise tomorrow, it is nice to have and enclosed Cabin so we can Cruise Rain or Shine.
Sea Angel

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Steve & Joan for welcoming all of us into your home and hosting a great fellowship with wonderful food for the body. It was great renewing friendships from the NC Loop cruises.

It may have been raining outside for this 'launch' and captain's meeting, but there was sunshine inside. All so true for the "Sunny South" weather to try and dampen the spirits.

May everyone have a safe trip through and around the liquid sunshine. Sorry we could not be there exploring the James and Chickahominy Rivers with y'all, but we're looking forward to the stories and pixs.

Come fall we will have to give this route a try.

Art & Jan
Pandy Girl

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great Day on the James River it was almost flat all way up to James Town, We went up the Chickahominy River To River's Rest Marina. Great Folks here, & a Great Place to Have Dinner it is Close to Charles City. Would like come back here some time Jim Jessup (Pandy Girl)
jennykatz

City/Region: naples
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: Little Treasurer
Photos: Jennykatz
PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:03 am    Post subject: James river trip Reply with quote

Sounds like you guys all had a good time . Did everyone have A/C on their boats? Jim was it like florida weather hot ,humid and rainy ?

pandy girl (Jim) we went over to Key Largo from Naples by trailer with our boat .good time over the 4th

00 cd16 cruiser honda 40 sold 3/12
Pandy Girl

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Jim, We are having a great time, no not everyone had Air, 4 did, 2 with front Window units, they worked Great for them, it was hot, some showers but moved on quick. Today the James River got Muddy with some Trash about a Mile or so before we got to Jordan Point Marina, (Hopewell Va.) this will be our Turn around Point. (Lot of Trash on up To Richmomd Va.) There were Seven Boats that started out with us. Great to hear you all made a trip to the Keys
Pandy Girl

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We left Jordan Point Marina this Morning(Hopewell Va), heading back down the James River, some Trash in the water but ran out of it in about 2 miles. This was the longest one day Run about 60 miles. The River was unbelievable flat all of the way looked like a sheet of glass. Tonight we are at Deep Greek Landing (Very Nice Newport News, Va) Went out for Dinner it was also Great. We all will be departing Tomorrow. We miss the Ones that had to Cut out a little Early. Thanks to Joan & Steve for everything great Job. Great 4 Day Cruise. Sandy & Jim Jessup
Munchkin

City/Region: Washington
C-Dory Year: 2010
Vessel Name: Munchkin
Photos: Munchkin
PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:54 pm    Post subject: James river trip 2013 Reply with quote

James River Trip as seen by Munchkin,

Joined the group on day 2 at Smithfield Va. Gorgeous place! Beautiful old homes, good restaurants, and a really really nice marina. Even the rain showers were cooperative and only showed at convenient times (obviously Osprey planned out every detail). Happy Hour at the pool!

Day 2 we cruised to River Rest Marina on the Chickahominy river. This turned out to be a huge surprise to us. We had spent time fishing the "Chick" some years ago, before this marina was renovated into the gem that it is today. Happy Hour at the end of "A" dock!

Day 3 cruise was shortened from Richmond Va. to Hopewell Va. due to the upper James River being swollen from recent rains that had sent a good amount of debris floating down the river. No problem, we will simply start "Happy Hour" a little earlier.

Day 4, after a beautiful cruise back down the James, unfortunately we had to put Munchkin back on the trailer and bust a move back to NC.

We had an ABSOLUTE BLAST on this cruise!! Spent some time with some old friends, and met some new ones. We wanted to say THANK YOU to Steve and Joan (Osprey crew) for their hard work in the organizing of this trip. Hope to see you guys again very soon.

MUNCHKIN
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: