The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

New/Used 2012 Marinaut for sale

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> All Marinauts, All The Time
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Les Lampman
Dealer

City/Region: Whidbey Island
State or Province: WA
PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:18 pm    Post subject: New/Used 2012 Marinaut for sale Reply with quote

So...we delivered this boat (A0002) in October of 2012. We put the boat in the water for delivery and put about 2 or 3 hours on her. Then she was trailered home by her new owner to Fort Collins, CO and put in her inside storage area. And there she's remained; she has not been put back in the water.

I got a call a few days ago from her owner asking me to sell the boat for him, so that's what this post is about. I've posted the details on our EQ website (www.eqmarine.com) and on the Marinaut website (www.marinautboats.com).

This is basically a brand new boat and is being offered about $6,500 less than I could replicate the boat for again...and no multi-month wait for a new boat. And it's a nice blue! Wink

www.marinautboats.com
Les Lampman
Dealer

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 12:03 am    Post subject: Price Reduction Reply with quote

Just an FYI if you're interested:

The price on the Marinaut 215 we have available (for sale) has been reduced To $69,300. That now puts it about $10,000 less than if we built an identical boat today. This boat is virtually brand new with just a couple hours on the engine (the only time the boat has been in the water was on the day I delivered it). It's been in inside storage since delivered.

I set the original price ($72,500) but in recent discussions with the owner he asked that I lower it.

It's also planned to move the boat to our location on Cornet Bay very soon.

Les
Jake

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Les,

Any clue as to why someone would purchase the boat but never use it?
Les Lampman
Dealer

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jake,

Yes. In this case when the boat was ordered there was a medical/mobility condition which was expected to either be resolved or improved by the time the boat was delivered. This condition turned into surgery and physical therapy with a very much extended timeline for recovery.

In addition the spouse is also faced with some medical issues that preclude easy use of the boat.

And further still, the way in which this couple intended to use their supporting RV to tow the boat, the time in which they have to use it, and their ability to use it in the locales that were first envisioned have all changed (mostly as a result of their medical concerns).

Rather than leave the boat in indefinite storage and hope that the situation for use changes in the future, the owner decided that it made more sense to put the boat on the market while it was still virtually brand new.

Les
Jake

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info Les. Ironic thing when I mentioned this "used" boat to my wife, who has never seen this forum, she said it was probably due to medical reasons. Which is why I never even tell her a little white lie, she would nail me. Embarassed
Les Lampman
Dealer

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 4:08 pm    Post subject: Marinaut 215 withdrawn from market Reply with quote

Hi All,

The owner of the Marinaut in Colorado has asked me to withdraw the boat from market, so it is no longer for sale.

His needs have changed and we had an in-depth conversation about that and how we could accommodate how he'd like to use the boat. To that end we're going to remove the "standard" (really, default) interior we installed and fabricate a new interior that's more oriented to day boating and having more folks aboard.

Les
Jake

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget to take pictures of this custom interior. Very Happy And glad to hear he is keeping the boat.
Les Lampman
Dealer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:25 pm    Post subject: Back on the market... Reply with quote

In the ever-changing world of humans, things have changed again with regard to the "used" Marinaut 215; it's back on the market again. The owner has been reluctant to part with the boat, hence the indecision, which I've found to be quite typical in these situations.

The boat is now located at our facility in Cornet Bay.

More info here:

http://www.eqmarine.com/2012_Marinaut_215.html

Les
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> All Marinauts, All The Time All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: