View previous topic :: View next topic  
jkidd

City/Region: Northern, Utah
State or Province: UT
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Voyager
Photos: Voyager (JK)
PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:52 pm    Post subject: Bilge Pump leaking hose Reply with quote

So I was crawling around in the back of my boat on Saturday and happen to notice that my bilge pump hose was going to leak. It looks like some water got trapped this winter and the hose was split up the side about 2 inches and then half way around as well. It has that cheap white corrugated hose on it. My question is do I replace it with the same stuff or is there a better hose out there that I can use?

Sunbeam

City/Region: Out 'n' About
State or Province: Other
C-Dory Year: 2002
Photos: Sunbeam
PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jkidd wrote:
It has that cheap white corrugated hose on it. My question is do I replace it with the same stuff or is there a better hose out there that I can use?

I've never liked that type of hose. For one thing, it's prone to cracking and breakage, and for another, the corrugations on the inside cause extra friction.

I used Trident hose #147 to replace my bilge pump hose with (although there is other hose that would work as well).

This is basically smooth on the inside, and also has some wire reinforcement (some similar looking hoses are much more corrugated on the inside). It is not quite as "bendy" as some hose, but it will take a reasonably radiused curve and is very hard to collapse. I got it at Fisheries Supply. It's one up from the bottom one on this page:

http://www.tridentmarine.com/stage/bilge.htm
[Edited to fix link; if it didn't work before please try it again now]

Sunbeam Hot
jkidd

City/Region: Northern, Utah
State or Province: UT
C-Dory Year: 2007
Vessel Name: Voyager
Photos: Voyager (JK)
PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply I'm going to see if I can find it local because of time first. There were two kinds of hose a short piece between the pump and the check valve and then the white corrugated stuff both were brittle and fell apart with any movement.
Sunbeam

City/Region: Out 'n' About
State or Province: Other
C-Dory Year: 2002
Photos: Sunbeam
PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jkidd wrote:
There were two kinds of hose a short piece between the pump and the check valve and then the white corrugated stuff both were brittle and fell apart with any movement.

Mine on the baitwell drain was like that - the white corrugated with the plain sections every so often where you can put hose clamps. It was cracked in a few places and practically fell to bits as I removed it (my bilge pumps had the clear PVC hose with fabric in it that one normally uses for potable water; they were in better shape but... I still replaced them).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: