HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

25 dinette table dimensions

View previous topic :: View next topic  
brevity

State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2004
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: BREVITY
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 11:27 am    Post subject: 25 dinette table dimensions Reply with quote

Hello!

Do any of you excellent folks happen to have the dimensions of a 25 cruiser's dinette table handy? I'd like to make a replacement for mine, but I am currently 1000 miles away and unable to take measurements.

Thank you!
mccml

City/Region: Montoursville, PA
State or Province: PA
Vessel Name: Crystal Sea
Photos: Crystal C
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

23 3/4" wide
Forward length 31 3/4"
Aft length 27 1/4"

Mark and Carol
(Crystal Sea)
rogerbum

City/Region: Kenmore
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 255 Tomcat
Vessel Name: Meant to be
Photos: SeaDNA
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing you might want to be careful about is that I'm not 100% sure that the dimensions are consistent from boat to boat. The outside hull dimensions are more consistent than the inside dimensions as the outside is determined by a mold that is low flex. The inside dimensions of the hull can vary depending on who did the layup. After the hull is complete, it appears that the cabinetry (especially in the pre-fiberglass cabinet boats) is cut to fit approximately and then tweaked to fit the inside of the boat. I don't know this for sure, but I wouldn't be surprised to find a table top that differed by 1/4" or more from the table top in another boat of the same model. It may be that dimensions will be quite uniform from boat-to-boat and that I'm all washed up on this concern but it would be very annoying to make something, haul it 1000 miles away and find that it doesn't fit. Also, I've found that almost nothing in the boat has a square corner so even with the dimensions above, I'm not sure you can count on good 90 degree angles between the side that is to port and the sides that run from port to starboard. Corners that look like 90's often turn out to be a few degrees different.

Maybe a couple of other people could measure theirs so we get a sense of uniformity in dimensions.

brevity

Vessel Name: BREVITY
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you both! That's a good point about possibly differing dimensions from boat to boat.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Cabin, Interior All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: