The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Classic 24 TomCat for sale by owner

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Marketplace Reference
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kerry and Lisa

City/Region: Galveston
State or Province: TX
C-Dory Year: 1999
C-Dory Model: 24 Tomcat
Vessel Name: Kid 'n' me
Photos: Kid 'n' me
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:00 pm    Post subject: Classic 24 TomCat for sale by owner Reply with quote

1999 24 TomCat, $42,000 (Galveston, TX). Kid 'n' me has white hull with blue underpinnings and blue cabin upholstery. Original, dual, 4-cycle, F-100 (hp) Yamaha TXRX's, with 171 hr on each (200 hr servicing in April of 2012). Kept on slings in a covered slip at the Galveston Yacht Club and Marina. Hull and motors are in excellent condition and ready to run offshore. Queen size bow bed; dinette set/single bed; head with Thetford AquaMate 885 porta potti; Garmin GPSMAP 235 Sounder; Ritchie compass; IC-M402S VHF marine transceiver; SS sink with 20-gal water tank; Wallas 2-burner diesel stove/heater; ceiling solar-power cabin exhaust fan; snap-on screens for all windows and doorway; 3 engine and 4 house batteries with disconnect switch; onboard built-in battery charger; Marinco 30 Amp 50-ft power cord set; Lewmar 700 pro-series anchor windlass; pole rocket launchers; blue Bimini top; stern swim platform with folding ladder; original owner manuals for boat, engines, Garmin GPS, Wallas, Ic transceiver, docking power cords and porta potti. CONTACT INFO: Kerry Harris, (979) 255-1511, L-bear@comcast.net. 22 photos on request.
thataway

City/Region: Pensacola
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: thataway
Photos: Thataway
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Tom Cat for the price of A C Dory 22--sounds like a good deal for someone! Also low hours and good engines...
Thisaway 2006 22' CDory November 2011 to May 2018
Caracal 18 140 Suzuki 2007 to present
Thataway TomCat 255 150 Suzukis June 2006 thru August 2011
C Pelican; 1992, 22 Cruiser, 2002 thru 2006
Frequent Sea; 2003 C D 25, 2007 thru 2009
KA6PKB
Home port: Pensacola FL
Jack in Alaska

City/Region: Anchorage/Ninilchik
State or Province: AK
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 26 Pro Angler
Vessel Name: HIGH TIDE II
Photos: HIGH TIDE II
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:24 am    Post subject: 24' Tomcat Reply with quote

I noticed that this boat does not have a trailer with it. Is that a problem to get one set up for it??
Appears to be a pretty nice set-up.
Kerry and Lisa

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jack, We didn't plan on moving the Kid 'n' me from the Galveston Yacht Club and Marina, so we saved the expense of a trailer. The marina has a 4-wheel apparatus that enters the water to straddle and lift medium to large boats and carry them onto land: or onto a flatbed trailer to be securely blocked, strapped down and readied for towing. Of course, the marina also has a multiple launch site for backing trailers into the water to launch or retrieve boats.
Jack in Alaska

City/Region: Anchorage/Ninilchik
State or Province: AK
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 26 Pro Angler
Vessel Name: HIGH TIDE II
Photos: HIGH TIDE II
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:31 am    Post subject: Your 24' Tomcat Reply with quote

If someone is considering buying your boat that are not near you they will be worried about not having a trailer available that fits the boat for transportation to their home.
Kerry and Lisa

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're right Jack. A buyer would want to hire an experienced, insured boat hauler. Such a hauler delivered the Kid 'n' me to us without a scratch, properly blocked and strapped to a multipurpose trailer. Photo "Kid-21.jpg" was taken just prior to launching her into the Galveston Yacht Basin (GYB) of the Galveston Yacht Club and Marina. The blocking is visible in the photo; however, the strapping has already been removed in preparation for launching. Although not visible, I am at the helm ready to back the Kid 'n' me off of the trailer and take her to her slip. It all could not have gone more smoothly.
thataway

City/Region: Pensacola
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: thataway
Photos: Thataway
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are a number of trailer builders who have the setup for this type of boat. Float On builds a good cat trailer, as does Easy Loader and Magic Tilt etc. There are used Cat trailers for sale. It is fairly easy to modify many of them to fit the Tom Cat hull.
Kerry and Lisa

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob, Thanks for the helpful information regarding cat trailers. I didn't take note of the trailer used to deliver the Kid 'n' me but suspect it may have been a cat trailer temporarily modified for a Tomcat.
Kerry and Lisa

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Kid 'n' me has found a new home with a young, caring family in the Northwest and wishes to thank the many C-Brats that expressed a keen interest in adopting her.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Marketplace Reference All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: