Inavx-- it works

View previous topic :: View next topic  
slowtrot

City/Region: dawsonville
State or Province: GA
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 19 Angler
Vessel Name: Dabbler
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:11 pm    Post subject: Inavx-- it works Reply with quote

Jim of Wild Blue is right , inavx works. I went down to south Georgia to help a friend move a 38 foot trawler from Darien to Savannah. I put my ipad with the inavx by the helm and all eyes went from the Garmin chart plotter to the the ipad and stayed there. After dark I was at the helm and we had no search light but with the ipad I was able to navigate the marshes with no problem. And I dont know beans about boat navigation in tight channels. I hasten to add that there are no real rocks in the area just mud and marsh so screwups are soft landings. As long as power is on and the satellites are up this thing makes it easy.

slowtrot
Two Bears

City/Region: Orofino
State or Province: ID
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Two Bears
Photos: Two Bears
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find that a bit scary. Twice last year and once the year before my GPS told me I was aground - significantly aground = When in fact I was in the center of the channel. No way will I ever trust just my GPS. In all 3 cases I think it was a miss plot of the channel location on the old paper chart, not bad karma from the birds overhead. In one case on the Tennessee River you could see that one of the paper charts converted to digital was all off. The others I can't explain, but there were large trees where it said I was located, so I don't think the channel was ever in that location and has moved though time.

Chuck

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Electronics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: