View previous topic :: View next topic  
Captains Cat

City/Region: Cod Creek>Potomac River>Chesapeake Bay
State or Province: VA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Captain's Choice II
Photos: Captain's Cat
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:56 am    Post subject: Dusty's Proclamation Reply with quote

Here's the Senior C-Brat proclamation for the record. The original and the Two T version just for Tom Elliot(t)! Twisted Evil

For those that were not there to witness the event, Dusty was delivered a framed version of the original Proclamation, a 1' piece of the original Battleship Missouri (BB-63) decking, a 4 Star wool Admirals Flag that was removed from the same ship in the early 1980's, a copy of the ship's history along with some B&W pictures of the treaty signing in 1945 from my archives. Oh, and a F-6F airplane "spinner" for his yard that I picked up in the outer banks this past Christmas! For those that don't know, Dusty and I were "shipmates" on the Independence (CVA-62) a LONG time ago, he as a Captain and me as an Ensign (and Lt(jg)). The battleship things came from my time as the Tech Director of the Reactivation Program in the 1980's when I had to rip the Missouri out of Bremerton over the objections of the locals and tow it to Long Beach Naval Shipyard. Sorry about that folks....

I sure hope someone took some pictures of the presentation, wish I could have been there.

Charlie

CHARLIE and PENNY CBRAT #100
Captain's Cat II 2005 22 Cruiser
Thataway (2006 TC255 - Sold Aug 2013)
Captain's Cat (2006 TC255 - Sold January 2012)
Captain's Kitten (1995 CD 16 Angler- Sold June 2010)
Captain's Choice (1994 CD 22 Cruiser- Sold Jun 2007)
Potomac River/Chesapeake Bay
K4KBA
Byrdman

City/Region: Cumberland River, Clarksville,
State or Province: WA
Vessel Name: " ? " After Rename Ceremony
Photos: FreeByrd and C-Byrd
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I missed this a few years back. Looking for the Toland family history and the beginning of our C-Dory boats in the documents section and this just needs to be brought back up for several reasons.

Thanks Charlie for your time and service...and for sure supporting Dusty with the extra efforts you put forth in this wonderful project.

In Clarksville I had the opportunity to live across the street from Ed Harold, one of the few today living survivors of the USS Indianapolis and lived thru the crews days/nights in the shark infested waters as our Nations leaders and others made the decisions to pretend like they knew nothing of their demise. An entire ship and crew...Communist Bastards.

Thankfully a crew of an aircraft working on a faulty communications antenna spotted some of them floating in the sea and called in support and began the recovery process.

Ed also wrote the book Beyond the Depths.... a must read for every American.... Such heroes....true heroes of our Nation. He still travels our Nation sharing their experience... In April I sat with Ed at his home and we went thru the entire ordeal ....just one on one. I so much wanted to record and share with the world this chance of a life time piece of history, but, it was just a spur of a moment time when Ed wanted to share some follow on personal thoughts of the after events and todays events. I will never forget this blessing and priceless opportunity. What a day.

Many thanks to you all who have supported our Nation on and over the seas we and our C-Dory boats enjoy.

Here Here!!

Beer Beer Beer

C-Byrd, CD18A, Hull #14 sold again.. May 2020
C-Byrd, CD18A, Hu #14 - Bought her again - May16
Aloysius, Sold to Brother Mike Mar16
Aloysius, Hull # 440 RF-246
C-Byrd, CD18A, Hull #14 Sold May09
TC24, Hull #51, Sold Feb06
CD16A, Sold Dec03
Never Deny Yourself The Pleasure of Helping Others.
hardee

City/Region: Sequim
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patrick, Thanks for the reminder. There are still great American Heroes among us. What a privileged for you to get to share that time with Ed. A reminder that the rank and file still contain heroes too, (that float plane AC disobeyed orders to save 50 and more drowning sailors) and the flags may be at half mast today, but there are still great Americans in our midst.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

Byrdman

City/Region: Cumberland River, Clarksville,
Vessel Name: " ? " After Rename Ceremony
Photos: FreeByrd and C-Byrd
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So So True. Terrible happening in Orlando for sure and a lot of pain and hurting families. My thoughts and prayers out to all effected. Crazy media pounding it out inaccurately as our worst violence and attack on our soil...

least we forget what we did to ourselves, Americans against Americans in many of our Civil War battles and other battles of all American born peoples against each other. Thousands of folks killed many different days. Such a waste.

Here is to our great country...with all our different peoples and the hope for peace. True peace in all hearts.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Documents All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: