View previous topic :: View next topic  
mgarr682

City/Region: Asheville
State or Province: NC
C-Dory Year: 2013
C-Dory Model: 22 Angler
Vessel Name: Glenda Jean
Photos: Glenda Jean
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 3:01 pm    Post subject: Finished! Reply with quote

I finally got around to finishing the stove installation today. Hooking up the exhaust, fuel lines, and electrical components was a pain in neck as the area was a bit tight to work in. I think I donated about a half pint of blood from the various scratches and scrapes to my forearms and hands, particularly from the stainless exhaust hose (those edges are sharp!) but I survived.

After getting everything connected and checked over a few times I fired it up and let it run in heater mode for an hour. I left the door open and all the windows since the outside temp was in the low 70's and set the thermostat at 85 so it would run full tilt the whole time. No fuel leaks and nothing seemed to get too hot but the heater lid was blowing out quite warm air. I was quite surprised to find that I could grab the exhaust hose with that thick sleeve on it and hold it for several seconds before it got too hot to hold on to. Just putting my hand a half inch from the exhaust showed that I could keep my hand there as long as I wanted without it getting uncomfortable.

Even after running nearly full tilt for an hour the drawer under the stove was just warm to the touch, not "hot" at all. I think I'm going to be pleased with the additional storage.

Thanks to the folks here who had input and suggestions and thanks to the folks at ScanMarine for taking the time to answer my questions!

I think I'll find out if this boat floats next week. Finally!

Sunbeam

City/Region: Out 'n' About
State or Province: Other
C-Dory Year: 2002
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Photos: Sunbeam
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That looks great and like a really useful mod. Thanks for posting about it.

Here's to a fantastic first voyage!

Sunbeam
Slow bug

City/Region: Graham
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2003
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: C-Bug
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:22 pm    Post subject: Heater lift Reply with quote

Bloody good job mate!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Cabin, Interior All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: