The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

07/26 - 07/28 - La Connor Gathering
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doryman

City/Region: Anacortes
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 255 Tomcat
Vessel Name: Lori Ann
Photos: Lori Ann
PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are back in the house, "camping" there while waiting for a buyer. Having some painting and yard work done next week but by the time of the Gathering we should have all that behind us and are looking forward to rejoining the Brats!

Warren

TomCat 255, Hull #55, 150 Yamahas
Anacortes, WA
ddenver

City/Region: Quilcene
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: C-Renity
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*** Please note for anybody considering joining the La Conner CBGT, please see Tom and Susan Elliott's recent post titled ....

"La Conner update, important notice read this" at ....

http://www.c-brats.com/viewtopic.php?t=20183&highlight=

Warren.... Great to hear you will be joining us at La Conner. We have not seen you or Lori in a long time!

Take care and looking forward to seeing everybody.

Dan, Tanya, and Hannah, on C-Renity
Caiprianha

City/Region: Camano Island
C-Dory Year: 2013
C-Dory Model: R-25 Tug
Vessel Name: Sweet Pea
Photos: Caiprianha
PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Ok, so ever thought I made a reservation all most a year ago on the phone and called again a couple of months ago, when I went in to the Marina Office today to take care of other business I discovered that the marina office ( under new direction) did not have the C-brats reserved for the weekend of the 28th or any other day for that matter.

So after much talking and panic ( not by me) we do have the dock for the weekend of the 28th but I need all those attending to do a few things.

1) Call the marina at 360-466-3118 and make a reservation as a member of the C-brats group. You can pay them now or when you get there but you have to call now to get a spot.

2) If you have not signed up yet do so now here at the Cbrats. LINK

Susan and I will be getting their friday morning or thursday night.

There is a new Italian restaurant in town that my mother said was very good. I plan to eat there on friday night. If others want to join email me and I will see about a group table.

Saturday I plan to go crabbing ( I always plan on it but don't seem to go) on Don's knotty C. He does not know yet but thats my plan. If any one wants to follow to some local good spots thats great.

Saturday night is dinner. Still working on the BBQ but I will post about that a week before so everyone will know if its cater or a pot luck. Sorry for the late decision but Susans surgery ( shes fine , nothing big ) got in the way of me doing my job as host.

We will not be having prize drawings this year. I was not able to go thru town and guilt, harass or other wise fleece donations from the locals this year.

Sunday morning is just un organized breakfast at the place in town again if any one wants to follow us up. They will just not take reservations , but the food is great.

So in the morning pick up the phone and start calling the marine office.

So now that that is out of the way I think I know the what happen. Ever event that I have been to or organize has been on the system of I call and make the reservation for the whole group and the group pays or registers when they get there. The new office boss seemed to be the type that wants to know who what when and where before hand. She wanted us to have the reservation AND have every body signed up in advance. As an example she stated that another group is coming on the afternoon of the 28th, large yacht club, but she only has three boats preregistered. She was not planning on holding any spots for them if they don't call ahead. Well Like I said most groups are more of a come as you are when you can type out look. I'm afraid that a bunch of boats are going to show up late afternoon of the 28th and not have a spot with their club if they don't call in ahead. One over organized office worker expecting the rest of the boating world to switch to her out look. She was nice and she worked with us today to solve our problems so I am not bagging on her ,but it took my normal good charm and force of will to get the job done and the spaces saved.

So lets have a great event.

On edit by Da Nag - link fixed

Thanks for the heads-up, Tom & hope you're feeling better, Susan! We're looking forward to seeing everyone again next week. We called in our reservation and were offered the 2 nights for 1 rate. We plan to arrive Friday afternoon.

On another note, we made reservations for six at the Seafood & Prime Rib House on S First Street at 6 pm on Friday. If the weather is nice, they've put us in for an outside table on the deck overlooking the channel.

Send us an email or post a note if you're interested in joining.

colobear

City/Region: Denver
State or Province: CO
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Photos: C-Cakes
PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

C-Cakes will be there Friday and...I've just gotten final approval from Neptune to conduct christenings there. So, If any boat needs to be christened/named let me know and I will bring the necessary paraphernalia. Likewise, if anyone needs a CG Vessel Safety Check I will have the necessary items to do those as well.
Caiprianha

City/Region: Camano Island
C-Dory Year: 2013
C-Dory Model: R-25 Tug
Vessel Name: Sweet Pea
Photos: Caiprianha
PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
C-Cakes will be there Friday and...I've just gotten final approval from Neptune to conduct christenings there. So, If any boat needs to be christened/named let me know and I will bring the necessary paraphernalia. Likewise, if anyone needs a CG Vessel Safety Check I will have the necessary items to do those as well.

We'd love to take Neptune up on christening Sweet Pea, thank you! We'll bring greenery and some libations to share.

Would also appreciate a safety check...we're mounting the fire extinguisher this weekend to prepare Smile

Thanks, Barry!

PaulNBriannaLynn

City/Region: Fort White
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2007
Vessel Name: TBD
Photos: Lorelei
PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We just made our reservation. Thanks Tom for organizing this and straightening everything out with the marina! We're looking forward to meeting everyone.

Our crab pots have been pretty slim pickin' on the south side of the channel the last two years. We might have to follow you guys saturday and see where these local hot spots are Very Happy
Aurelia

City/Region: Gig Harbor
Photos: Aurelia
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are planning to come up for Saturday and stay for dinner so we can visit with folks but are not at this time planning to bring a boat.

See you there!

Ari - 19 Cruiser sold 2023
currently exploring with "Lia", 17 ft Bullfrog Supersport Pilothouse
kevin ware

City/Region: Mount Vernon
Vessel Name: El Gato Thomas
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:25 pm    Post subject: La Conner Reply with quote

Kari and I will be there.

FYI. Port of Skagit/LaConner Marina staff tell me that to make up for some scheduling confusion, they will be offering the C-Dory group two nights for one.

Kevin Ware
Tom Cat 25.5
El Gato Thomas
localboy

City/Region: Lake Stevens via Honolulu
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: 'Au Kai (Ocean Traveler)
Photos: 'AU KAI
PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Made our reservation. Coming up from Everett on Friday. We may leave Saturday and go home. Don't know yet. We are in "negotiations".
starcrafttom

City/Region: marysville
C-Dory Year: 1984
C-Dory Model: 27 Cruiser
Vessel Name: to be decided later
Photos: Susan E
PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well this is a up date for the upcoming event. Its going to be a POT LUCK on Saturday night. Just could not get the BBQ thing to happen for a long list of reason.

We ,Susan and I will be having dinner in town on Friday night at the Italian restraint up the street for the marina. Saturday morning we will serve coffee and muffins on the dock at 7am. If Joe is up before that he can get his own coffee.

Saturday night around 6 pm we sill meet up at the picnic tables for pot luck. the fire pic will be clean and ready for any one that wants to use it. I will bring a crab boiling pot and propane cooker for any one that would like to cook up a mess of crab. I hope to have at least 10 to cook (limits for me and susan) and share.

Sunday you are all on your own. Wink

This is a very laid back affair even for c-brats.

redbaronace

City/Region: Puget Sound
Photos: redbaronace (Name TBD)
PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

localboy wrote:
Made our reservation. Coming up from Everett on Friday. We may leave Saturday and go home. Don't know yet. We are in "negotiations".

What time are you planning on departing from Everett on Friday?
localboy

City/Region: Lake Stevens via Honolulu
Vessel Name: 'Au Kai (Ocean Traveler)
Photos: 'AU KAI
PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably sometime mid-morning; hope to get down there around 1000 hours or so. Meredith had a training class in the morning but she changed it to later in the month. so we an get an earlier start.

We will probably be leaving sometime Saturday, so we'll miss the pot-luck. Meredith has to work Monday @ 0630 so we want to get home sooner.

Last edited by localboy on Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
C-Change

City/Region: Seattle
C-Dory Year: 2009
Vessel Name: C-Change
Photos: C-Change
PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

C-Change shroud be in La Conner sometime mid-morning on Friday if everything goes to plan. That said, hopefully I'll make it by dinnertime Very Happy
JDS

City/Region: Coeur d'Alene
State or Province: ID
C-Dory Year: 2003
Vessel Name: C-IDAHO
Photos: C-Idaho
PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:31 pm    Post subject: lost navigation light Reply with quote

Anyone have an old nav light or know where we can buy one?. lost ours and we are in Anacortes headed to La Conner. West Marine does not carry them in stock. Thanks.
Marti[/b][/i]

Sunbeam

City/Region: Out 'n' About
State or Province: Other
C-Dory Year: 2002
Photos: Sunbeam
PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you mean the all-around/anchor light? If so, I don't have an extra of the "official" C-Dory fixture, but I do have a Davis Mini Mega all-around light that plugs into a cigarette lighter plug and has a long cord (used to use it for an anchor light on a sailboat). It can just be clipped or tied up for use. If you could use it, I'm in Oak Harbor. Could give it to C-Cakes if they are still home to pass along to you. Or, we were just talking about running an errand up to Anacortes, so we could bring it there and meet you somewhere.

Here is a link to it on West Marine's site so you can see it. It's not as low a draw as an LED, but was a "super efficient" bulb back in the pre-LED days, so has a low draw. I'll dig it out and plug it in to be sure it still works in case you could use it.

http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10001&storeId=11151&partNumber=P009_277_003_501&langId=-1#.UfG2jnYpc2U

Edited to add: Just plugged it in and it is in working order. Also, one note on the "official" Perko C-Dory fixture if you find one to use or buy: I found out when I replaced the base for mine that both two-contact and three-contact versions were used on C-Dorys over the years. My 2002 has a two-contact version (just look in the base and count the prongs).

Sunbeam
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: