View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spike

City/Region: Kent
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Bootleg Hooch
Photos: Bootleg Hooch
PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:02 pm    Post subject: Auto Painting Shops Reply with quote

I am thinking about having my truck repainted. Anyone recomend a shop in the Seattle area? I don't need much body work done, and I want to keep the same color. I just want a good job, doesn't have to be show quality, at a fair price
Levitation

City/Region: Hemlock
State or Province: MI
C-Dory Year: 2009
C-Dory Model: R-25 Tug
Vessel Name: CHARLOTTE ANN
PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, as a young man I always preferred an Earl Scheib paint job - $29.95
Will-C

City/Region: Temple
State or Province: PA
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: Will-C
Photos: Will-C
PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:12 am    Post subject: Auto Painting Shops Reply with quote

Here on the east coast there is an auto painting chain called Maaco. Folks have said if you can find someone to do the prep work and mask everything. Maaco does a pretty good job painting and their paint has held up well. They are not the best with the prep work some have said. Maybe find a high school vocational tech school that has a body shop type class and have them do the prep work for a price. Then give Maaco a call if they have stores on the west coast.
D.D.

SEA3PO

City/Region: Chester
State or Province: CA
C-Dory Year: 2003
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: SEA3PO
Photos: SEA3PO
PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I once, when I was in college had my Model A painted by Earl Scheib for $29.95.....Tahitian Beige if I remember...a terrible sounding and looking color...held up like iron...and protected the metal for over 15 years until I finally sanded it all down and painted it Moleskin Brown with black fenders...(an original color) looks like UPS brown to me...straw wheels and stripe...
I bought the spray gun and air compressor and did it myself...took all one summer...I painted it all black first just to make sure I got all the waves out... after that first black paint I could not work for a day or two as it had so many waves it made me sick... months later I finished it and it still looks great...20 plus years later...(lacquer)

A good paint job today will run from $600 to $thousands...that is why ole Earl Scheib and Maaco are still such good deals...no $29.95 anymore though.

Joel
SEA3PO
dotnmarty

City/Region: Sammamish
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 1993
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Vessel Name: LIZZIE II
Photos: Lizzie
PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In '81 I bought a '60 something Volvo 122. I remember the day I took it to Earl Scheib in Philadelphia. It was a one day job. I hung around just long enough to watch an older Black woman mask the car in no time. I came back in the early afternoon and drove it home in a rain storm. It was a good paint job on a good car.

"...we're all in the same boat..."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: