The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

05/18 - 05/19 - Friday Harbor Gathering
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rob bauerle

City/Region: spokane
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Robbie's Refuge
Photos: Robbie’s Refuge
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Barry and Patti. Great time. I appreciate all the help and advice that people willingly gave. And Martin, you wouldn't have gas problems if you would learn to drink good Canadian whiskey instead of that scotch.(thanks for taking me on your boat and showing all the great things that you have done on your boat)
chromer

City/Region: Anacortes
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 19 Angler
Photos: Checkpoint II
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 11:24 pm    Post subject: Re: 05/18 - 05/19 - Friday Harbor Gathering Reply with quote

Where did you last get gas?
bridma wrote:
Great job Patti and Barry, lots of fun, well done. Only our second gathering, it was super chatting with old friends and meeting new ones. Oh and Pat, If you are ever up Comox way again, "knock me up" !

We left FH noon on Sunday and ended up in Telegraph Harbour in the Gulf Islands for our over-nighter. Monday we continued north and stayed out for another over-nighter at Sandy Island, just 4 miles from home. Today (Andrea's birthday) we set off for the putter home, I switched fuel tanks from stbd to port, when with just 3 miles to go the port engine died, followed by the stbd engine 30 seconds later. Despite all my efforts I could not restart them. Gas problems me thinks. So practically in sight of my house, I had to phone for a tow Sad Still it could have been worse, it could have been Haro Straight.

Roll on the Sidney gathering and seeing all you fine Brats again.

Martin & Andrea.

Checkpoint II (SOLD 10/2020)
Alure Bertram 28
ghone

City/Region: Nanaimo
State or Province: BC
C-Dory Year: 2011
Vessel Name: Kerri On
Photos: Kerri On
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear about the tow in. Any chance you went to Off instead of port or starboard? Some valves are plumbed wrong. Mine was done so the handle points at the tank you want and not the pointed side. Could be? Lots of aircraft engines quit after changing tanks. Usually to Off.
Mike_J

City/Region: Victoria, BC
C-Dory Year: 2011
Vessel Name: Natural C-lection
Photos: Natural C-lection
PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear about the engine trouble. I wonder if it was something to do with the gas you got in FH. Good thing you were close to home. Where did you clear customs? Sidney or Bedwell? Great to meet you finally at the get together. See you in September.
bridma

City/Region: Comox
C-Dory Year: 2009
Vessel Name: Nomad
Photos: Nomad
PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 5:08 pm    Post subject: Re: 05/18 - 05/19 - Friday Harbor Gathering Reply with quote

[quote="chromer"]Where did you last get gas? [quote="bridma"]

I topped up both fuel tanks plus 40 ltrs in jerry cans at Friday Harbour. I ran on port for a bit, then switched to stbd. At Telegraph harbour I topped up the port from the jerry cans. I headed north on the stbd and switched to port just 3 miles from home.
This morning I found water in the stbd tank and a huge amount of water in the port. I flushed all the water out, cleared the lines from the tanks to the engines and changed the fuel/water filter. Added 20 ltrs of fresh fuel to the stbd. Still can not start the engines, water in the carbs thinks me. Yamaha 40s are not fuel injected. The carbs are beyond my area of expertise, so it's haul out and into the shop I go.

Mike, I cleared customs at Sidney. Real easy, phoned in and they waved me through.

Robbie, pleasure to meet you, hope we meet again. I liked your expensive Irish whiskey, come aboard any time. Laughing

Martin.
starcrafttom

City/Region: marysville
C-Dory Year: 1984
C-Dory Model: 27 Cruiser
Vessel Name: to be decided later
Photos: Susan E
PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should be able to drain the carbs easily

. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aeedmzfjXY

at 4:53 in this really good video you see the drain plug for the carbs. You should be able to just drain the carbs with out taking them apart by removing this plug. Do that and turn the motor over for a minute to clear the lines. Then hook up to good gas and try to start it. Remember to pump the fuel bulb until its hard. Please give that a try before spending money. should not take more then 10 mins.

Montana Kev

City/Region: Bozeman/Yellowstone
State or Province: MT
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Grace
Photos: Grace
PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Patti & Barry and everyone else that helped make this event happen. Great food, folks and entertainment. We had a wonderful trip and plan to return next year for an extended cruise. Hope to see many of you this summer in Yellowstone Park, Grace will be in a slip at the YSP marina July and August.

Kevin & Laura
Dreamer

City/Region: Really Sunny SaddleBrooke
State or Province: AZ
Photos: Dreamer
PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was our second CBGT that we've attended without having a boat. The first was at Poulsbo in 2006. Our TC was on order. Some nice folks named Ruth and Joe took us under wing!

Seven years later, other friends offered us space to sit and store stuff during the Friday Harbor event. Joe and Ruth have had 3 boats since then and now have theirs for sale. The more things change, the more they stay the same. CBGTs are about good friends enjoying each other, meeting new friends and sometimes even boating!

Thanks to Barry and Patti and all our other C-Brat friends for making this a memorable weekend.

Once a C-Brat, always a C-Brat

Dreamer- Sold 25 Feb. 2013
amy and karl

City/Region: Graham
C-Dory Year: 2007
Vessel Name: C-DAISY
Photos: C-DAISY
PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big thank-you to Barry and Patti for hosting the Friday Harbor gathering again. We enjoyed catching up with and meeting everyone. Love all the great ideas in use on all the boats. Looking forward to the next one.

C-Daisy Crew
johnf

City/Region: Tigard, OR
State or Province: OR
Photos: Boat Name TBD II (johnf)
PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

colobear wrote:

Now, I (Barry) have a huge mea culpa to make public. After all our encouragement for Teddi the Wonder Dog and her assistant John to come and provide us their always wonderful dog act. I, (Me....not Patti but Me) forgot to introduce them and get the act going during the potluck. So, we missed out on an always fun show and I feel really rotten about forgetting you guys. I'm so sorry Embarassed Embarassed

Barry...please absolutely no worries at all. I was impressed with how Teddi stayed on her towel with all the plates of food nearby while I was away.

Thanks again to you and Patti for hosting such a great event!!! Nice to see so many boats and new faces!

John
ddenver

City/Region: Quilcene
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: C-Renity
PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for hosting another great Friday Harbor CBGT Barry and Patti!

Enjoyed seeing all of our C-Brat friends and meeting new ones.... been too darn long since the SBS Gathering. Already looking forward to the next one in La Conner!

Special thanks to all who tried to help us w/ our failing Wallas - Fred, Rob, Greg, Roger and all the others who had suggestions or tips. Turns out it was a bad control switch/knob panel.

Called the good folks at SCAN Marine who accurately analyzed the problem over the phone narrowing it down to either the switch or the cable between the switch and stove. Pulling the control panel switch it was all corroded underneath. Ordered a new switch which came PDQ via UPS, put it in, and all works well again!

Knock on wood, the Wallas functioned nearly flawlessly since we got the boat so hopefully - w/ the new switch - we will have quite a few more years of good luck with it.

Be safe,
Dan, Tanya, and Hannah on C-Renity
C-Change

City/Region: Seattle
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: C-Change
Photos: C-Change
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We had a great time as well in Friday Harbor! Glad we had a chance to see old friends and meet a few new ones. It seems that we never have enough time to chat with everyone as long as we would like. Hopefully we will see many of you out on the water this summer.

Barry and Patti... GREAT JOB as usual! We are so glad to hear that you are continuing to host the CBGT.

Jan & Stacy
C-Change
bridma

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 12:14 pm    Post subject: 05/18 - 05/19 - Friday Harbor Gathering Reply with quote

starcrafttom wrote:
You should be able to drain the carbs easily

. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aeedmzfjXY

at 4:53 in this really good video you see the drain plug for the carbs. You should be able to just drain the carbs with out taking them apart by removing this plug. Do that and turn the motor over for a minute to clear the lines. Then hook up to good gas and try to start it. Remember to pump the fuel bulb until its hard. Please give that a try before spending money. should not take more then 10 mins.

Thanks for the vid link Tom. I am bringing the boat out of the water this afternoon. I can tow it around to the boat ramp using an inflatable. I will take a look at the carbs myself before booking the mechanic. In the port fuel tank I removed approx 3 gals of water. Do not know how it got in, no one else had any fuel issues at FH. I will check if the o-ring is still on the filler cap. The joys of boating. Confused
starcrafttom

City/Region: marysville
C-Dory Year: 1984
C-Dory Model: 27 Cruiser
Vessel Name: to be decided later
Photos: Susan E
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats a lot of water for a 20 gallon tank. I have never had a problem with the fuel at friday harbor but have heard from others in the past that have. Is it salt water or fresh?
bridma

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 12:31 pm    Post subject: 05/18 - 05/19 - Friday Harbor Gathering Reply with quote

I thought it tasted fresh, or freshish. Its weird that others refuelled at FH with no one reporting any problems.

Martin.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 19 of 21

Jump to: