The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

05/18 - 05/19 - Friday Harbor Gathering
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sportner

City/Region: Buckeye
State or Province: AZ
C-Dory Model: 26 Osprey
Vessel Name: Glory Days
Photos: Traveler
PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Barry and Patty for a wonderful gathering and ofcourse for christening our boat. We had a wonderful time and look forward to next year.
mngrant

City/Region: Bellingham
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2002
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Kestrel
Photos: Kestrel
PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hats Off..... Barry / Patty the gathering was great, thank you for your time and effort to make the event pleasant. And thank you to all who were behind the scene to assist. Carole and I enjoyed everyone and are looking forward to more of the same.
Pat Anderson

City/Region: Birch Bay, WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Daydream
Photos: Daydream and Crabby Lou
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, what a spectacular CBGT! Old friends and new! Our run back to Bellingham from Friday Harbor was a piece of cake, even Bellingham Bay as a pussycat this afternoon. Daydream is now safely stored in Concrete, WA, at Garry and Vicki's "cabin" - if that is a cabin, we live in a mud hut - and Patty and I are back in our fifth wheel in Preston. Our relator tells us we will be getting an offer on our house tomorrow, keeping our fingers crossed! Looking forward to the next one/ones!

DAYDREAM - CD25 Cruiser
CRABBY LOU - CD16 Angler (sold 2020)
Pat & Patty Anderson, C-Brat #62!
http://daydreamsloop.blogspot.com

Pat Anderson

City/Region: Birch Bay, WA
Vessel Name: Daydream
Photos: Daydream and Crabby Lou
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make that "realtor"!
Salmon Fisher

City/Region: Arlington
C-Dory Year: 2004
Vessel Name: Kim Christine
Photos: Kim Christine
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks and Kudos to Barry and Patty for another outstanding gathering! Kim and I had a blast talking with new and old friends. Can't wait for next year! Love the Friday Harbor CBGT!

2004 25 Cruiser-Present

2000 22 Cruiser 2009-2014 (Sold)
2006 25 Cruiser 2014-2019 (Sold)
1985 22 Classic -2019 (Sold)
1991 19 Arima Sea Ranger-2019-2021 (Sold)
2015 27 Ranger Tug-2019-2023 (Sold)
1987 22 Cruiser -2021-2023 (Sold)

Honey, this REALLY will be my last boat, honest!
timflan

City/Region: Seattle
Vessel Name: Two Lucky Fish +1
Photos: Two Lucky Fish
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Barry and Patty for putting on a great event. The crew of Two Lucky Fish—all FIVE of us—had a great time!

So...um...who put the "+1" on our boat in electrical tape? I was sure it was Barry, but apparently not. Anybody care to 'fess up??

And speaking of pranks...We lost the wheel post from our swivel-up trailer jack. The main shaft and crank is there, but the part that moves and the wheel is gone. Didn't notice until we were halfway to Seattle. I think it's very unlikely it fell off on its own. Somebody maybe cranked it all the way out in Anacortes while we were off in Friday Harbor?

Jazzmanic

City/Region: Seattle
Photos: C-Dancer
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a wonderful event! Thanks so much Barry and Patti for putting on such a great shindig! It was great seeing old friends and meeting new ones. It has been about 3 years since Caryn and I last attended the FH CBGT and it continues to be our favorite. My favorite part of this gathering has always been arriving to H Dock seeing all the beautiful C-Dorys lined up all in a row and hearing all the friendly greetings along the way.

And thank you so much to our dear C-Brat friends for your outpouring of love and kindness to Caryn; and me. It means so much to know that there are such good, kind loving people that we have come to call our friends in the C-Brat boating community. It especially meant alot to Caryn to be able to spend some special time to talk to each one of you. Once again, a sincere thank you!

Peter & Caryn
C-Dancer
Knotty C

City/Region: Vancouver, WA
Vessel Name: Knotty C
Photos: Knotty C
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hats off to Barry and Patty! It was good to see all of our friends again and meet new ones. Upon arrival to Cornet bay I got a chance to visit with Lyle and Janda (See-Saw) and Rob (Robbie’s Refuge). We helped each other get the boats on the trailer and had a chance to visit for a few minutes. It was a nice ending to a weekend in the San Juan’s. (I hate leaving them when the weather is so nice) My plan is to spend a few weeks in July in the San Juan’s and Gulf Islands this summer and I hope to cross wakes with many of you again.

Don
Mike_J

City/Region: Victoria, BC
State or Province: BC
C-Dory Year: 2011
Vessel Name: Natural C-lection
Photos: Natural C-lection
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another big thank you to Patti and Barry for hosting the event (and being great neighbours on the dock!). We had a great first gathering and are looking forward to getting a much smaller event going in Sidney BC in September!
I now have weeks worth of mods to make to my CD-22 based on ideas gathered at the FH CBGT!

JuliaR

Vessel Name: Two Lucky Fish
Photos: Two Lucky Fish
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone, especially our lovely hosts, for a great gathering! Very glad we could make it this year. So nice to see you all, crazy C-Brats!

Tristan had a great first overnight boating experience. He's going to be a salty dog.Smile
Caiprianha

City/Region: Camano Island
C-Dory Year: 2013
C-Dory Model: R-25 Tug
Vessel Name: Sweet Pea
Photos: Caiprianha
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patty & Barry:

Thanks so much for organizing the gathering...it was a great,great gathering. So nice to connect with friends and meet new ones. We're looking forward already to La Conner.

Pat & Patty: we're sprinkling fairy dust on you for tomorrow. We sense you're on to the next chapter!

Gary, the coffee (or Manhattans as you wish) are on us when you get the new homestead built down the road from us.

Mike_J

City/Region: Victoria, BC
C-Dory Year: 2011
Vessel Name: Natural C-lection
Photos: Natural C-lection
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have safely returned to Victoria and have done most of the clean up! I wrote up a blog post for the trip at: http://naturalc-lection.blogspot.ca/2013/05/may-17-20-friday-harbor-16.html. I am looking forward to my next gathering as well as Friday Harbor in 2014!
hardee

City/Region: Sequim
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many many thanks to so many good friends, new friends, old friends and super friends.

What a great time. Best place in the world to be, this last weekend, with your C-Dory and your C-Brat friends. Thank you all so much for making the effort. Just wish we would have had more time, (like the whole week) to visit each one longer.

To the brave souls who were willing to get up before the sun and follow me out into the Strait of Juan, Lighthouse Express, Blue Max and Jean Marie. You all are great, and capable and I count it a privilege to share a route with you. Sorry I missed the whale watch trip with you. (All the more reason to get back to the islands).

Great to get to share the C-Dory experience with Martha and Mitch, the newest true PNW boaters. Wishing you all the best in your search, and looking forward to more trips with you two.

Super special thanks to those who helped with my Raymarine messup. Starting with the johnny on the spots Ruth and Joe, Roger from DreamerII, David on Anna Leigh, Starcraft Tom, Barry on C-Cakes, Rob of the Jean Marie, and at 0700 on a Sunday morning, Les from EQ and the new Marinaut 215. You all really made my trip worth it, and the Raymarine MFD is back to complete again. Thank you all.

Good to see Peter and Caryn back, and Don, and George and Carolyn, (You two rock), and speaking of rock, Russ and Toni, Thanks for checking on me, much appreciated.

To the factory guys for being there, and John the dealer, thanks for taking the time to come and visit on SleepyC. Hope to see you all around on the site

Guys we missed --- Mike and Bill. Sure hope we see you next time.

And the trip back across the Strait of Juan. I call it a boat ride, and SleepyC had a total salt water bath again. She’s all clean and shiny and resting in the barn after another great day on the water.

Barry and Patti, you did superb. What a CBGT, it was a record. Great music (Thanks Jim and Joan (yup I saw her packing gear), and to all for the good food.

And let’s do it again. Hope to see you all in Sidney.

Harvey
SleepyCMoon

colobear

City/Region: Denver
State or Province: CO
C-Dory Year: 2006
Photos: C-Cakes
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to all who came. It is you guys that make the event a success, we just give you a place to do it. For those of you who wanted to come but could not, we're sorry to have missed you. Hope to see you next year...and...after careful consideration, and some direction from the admiral, Patti and Barry will continue as hosts. As Patti says, its fun, not much work, and we really like to do it. So we'll see you next year.

Now, I (Barry) have a huge mea culpa to make public. After all our encouragement for Teddi the Wonder Dog and her assistant John to come and provide us their always wonderful dog act. I, (Me....not Patti but Me) forgot to introduce them and get the act going during the potluck. So, we missed out on an always fun show and I feel really rotten about forgetting you guys. I'm so sorry Embarassed Embarassed

bridma

City/Region: Comox
C-Dory Year: 2009
Vessel Name: Nomad
Photos: Nomad
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 10:24 pm    Post subject: 05/18 - 05/19 - Friday Harbor Gathering Reply with quote

Great job Patti and Barry, lots of fun, well done. Only our second gathering, it was super chatting with old friends and meeting new ones. Oh and Pat, If you are ever up Comox way again, "knock me up" !

We left FH noon on Sunday and ended up in Telegraph Harbour in the Gulf Islands for our over-nighter. Monday we continued north and stayed out for another over-nighter at Sandy Island, just 4 miles from home. Today (Andrea's birthday) we set off for the putter home, I switched fuel tanks from stbd to port, when with just 3 miles to go the port engine died, followed by the stbd engine 30 seconds later. Despite all my efforts I could not restart them. Gas problems me thinks. So practically in sight of my house, I had to phone for a tow Sad Still it could have been worse, it could have been Haro Straight.

Roll on the Sidney gathering and seeing all you fine Brats again.

Martin & Andrea.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 18 of 21

Jump to: