Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aurelia

City/Region: Gig Harbor
State or Province: WA
Photos: Aurelia
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stern Saver: Transducer mounting board

I have used the product in the past and ordered one for Ari recently. Well after over a month, I sent an email to two different addresses available to try and track down my order. Two days later I get a shipping notification that it has shipped but no email back with any explanation for the delay.

Not horrible by any means but that is still pretty flakey and I will think twice before ordering again.

Greg

Ari - 19 Cruiser sold 2023
currently exploring with "Lia", 17 ft Bullfrog Supersport Pilothouse
Aurelia

City/Region: Gig Harbor
Photos: Aurelia
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update: Sternsaver did finally send an email explaining that my order was lost and they promptly shipped the item with a 15 dollar discount. That was a good/plausible response to I will have to can it a draw for now. I do like the product and the install went great.

Greg
hardee

City/Region: Sequim
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been struggling with some pretty rusty stainless and pieces on my aft arch for the inflatable. Finally settled on Spotless Stainless. Sent them an email Sunday night. had a reply Monday morning. Sent a second email Monday morning, hit send, and within 2 minutes got a call from Allen at Spotless Stainless. Answered my question and gave me a hint to use in ordering to get a discounted shipping price.

Also, a full money back satisfaction guarantee.

Product should be here by the time I;m back form Friday Harbor. Will post some follow up after I get it applied.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

Sunbeam

City/Region: Out 'n' About
State or Province: Other
C-Dory Year: 2002
Photos: Sunbeam
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it says this on the container, but try to do your application in cool/damp/non-windy/non-sunny weather (you might have to leave Sunny Sequim Wink ). The key is that it needs to sit on the stainless for X period of time without drying, and of course sunny/windy conditions hasten that.

I applied with a foam brush, and kept an eye on it so that I could re-coat any areas that were drying prematurely. I've done each piece of stainless when it was off the boat, so I had it easy that way and was able to just hose it off when time to remove it. If on the boat, be sure to cover/mask any aluminum, the trailer, etc.

Nice that you had good customer service!
hardee

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Sunbeam, and for your research and recommendation too. Some of the parts are going to be easy, off the boat, but the mounting brackets are, shal we say "affixed" rather sternly.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon
RobMcClain

City/Region: Summerlin, NV
State or Province: NV
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: Freedom
Photos: Freedom
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When we are cruising I often run the Jeppesen Plan2Nav program on my Nexus 7 tablet. I use this navigation program as a backup chartplotter to my Raymarine C-80. I also have the Navionics program on my Nexus, but it does not offer access to Active Captain data (and never will). The Plan2Nav program does allow for integration of Active Captain data.

I recently ran into a problem with my Plan2Nav program so I e-mailed Jeppesen Customer Service. I was amazed by their response. I never had to wait more than a few minutes - literally - to receive a friendly and thorough response. I had a few different questions so I e-mailed them a few times over a couple of days. They always responded in the same prompt and thorough manner. My system is now working better than ever and they really sold me through their response. Kudos to them!

Rob
Montana Salty

City/Region: BITTERROOT VALLEY MONTANA
State or Province: MT
C-Dory Year: 2001
Vessel Name: SALTY
Photos: Salty
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 12:38 pm    Post subject: Cap Sante Sling Launch Reply with quote

We have ALWAYS been treated well by everyone at the Cap Sante Marina sling launch. We first met Dan (now works in the Harbor office) then Dale (not sure of his exact title but he now works on the docks). Last year we met Brad and this year the new guy is Cody. All these guys remember us, are friendly and treat us like long lost friends and take excellent care of Salty
(and us).

Lovin' Our C Dory!
Pat Anderson

City/Region: Birch Bay, WA
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Daydream
Photos: Daydream and Crabby Lou
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patty has posted our issues with the hole in the hull of Daydream. We can tell you first hand, if you need fiberglass repair in Washington State, THE place to go by us is Sterling Kayaks and Fiberglass in Belllingham. Talk to Jim Teshera, he knows his stuff and will treat you right!

DAYDREAM - CD25 Cruiser
CRABBY LOU - CD16 Angler (sold 2020)
Pat & Patty Anderson, C-Brat #62!
http://daydreamsloop.blogspot.com

RobMcClain

City/Region: Summerlin, NV
State or Province: NV
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: Freedom
Photos: Freedom
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We just used the services of North Harbor Diesel in Anacortes and it was a wonderful experience. We dealt with Diana, the office manager and she was incredible. Seems she doesn't know the word, "No." To my every question she said "Yes," which translated to wonderful customer service. We had been up here for 3 weeks prior to the Bellingham gathering, cruising the islands, and then we needed to fly home briefly. We needed a place to store the boat and they gladly took it. If we wanted to drop it off when they were closed, no problem, she lives nearby and would come to the facility and meet us there. If we wanted to get the boat waxed - and it REALLY (really) needed it - sure, they could do that even though we had not scheduled it beforehand.

That wax job is really the reason I am writing this post. The gel coat on our boat had really faded and worn and no pervious wax job had come close to bringing it back. Well, the job done by North Harbor made the boat look showroom fresh, no kidding. The entire boat shines, every inch - hull, cabin, and cockpit. And the maroon trim is clean, clear and sharp. Neither Mary nor I could believe it - the boat looks new! We are now headed to Olympia to launch and explore the lower Sound. While parked at a motel, with the boat about 40 yards across the parking lot, both Mary and I noticed what looked like a 4" swath of some sort crossing down the hull and became concerned. As we walked over to the boat we realized what we were seeing was simply a reflection from the aluminum trailer on the hull. The hull was that glossey and reflective, and BEAUTIFUL! Way to go North Harbor Diesel! Obviously we are pleased with their work and their customer service. Second to none and deserving of this shout out...

Rob
BrentB

City/Region: Greenwood
State or Province: IN
Photos: BrentB
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.northharbordiesel.com/

fyi

I thought I did a good job detailing a boat. One year The Admiral had it done as Fathers Day gift. Two guys from Ft Meyers, FL did it better using all 3M products and spent hours on the job and didnt leave for lunch, goof offf, cuss, drink or other BS

Pandion

City/Region: Kenmore
C-Dory Year: 2002
Vessel Name: Osprey
Photos: Osprey
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RobMcClain wrote:
The job done by North Harbor made the boat look showroom fresh, no kidding.

Rob, can you say how much you paid for the polishing?

Andy Ryan

Salmon Fisher

City/Region: Arlington
C-Dory Year: 2004
Vessel Name: Kim Christine
Photos: Kim Christine
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scan Marine=Great Service

Was out last week and Wallas stove/heater wouldn't start, no power. Called Mike at Scan and he talked through simple trouble shooting. It was the 2 amp fuse plugged into the main circuit board. Replaced and it fired up right away!

I quickly called back to thank them. Pretty cool to call and be able to talk to a technician inside of 2 minutes. I had a tune up of the unit 2 years ago for a reasonable $200. Running great since and now.

2004 25 Cruiser-Present

2000 22 Cruiser 2009-2014 (Sold)
2006 25 Cruiser 2014-2019 (Sold)
1985 22 Classic -2019 (Sold)
1991 19 Arima Sea Ranger-2019-2021 (Sold)
2015 27 Ranger Tug-2019-2023 (Sold)
1987 22 Cruiser -2021-2023 (Sold)

Honey, this REALLY will be my last boat, honest!
Pat Anderson

City/Region: Birch Bay, WA
Vessel Name: Daydream
Photos: Daydream and Crabby Lou
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two kudos today!

First, Pete at West Coast Marine in Bellingham. He has taken care of Daydream for years and years. We talked about our Great Loop plan, and he made us up a kit to take along. He said we could find mechanics anywhere but we might have a hard time getting Honda parts around the Loop, so we now have five oil filters, two Racor fuel-water separator filter elements, and a water pump rebuild kit. He was on the fence about a thermostat and a set of plugs, in the end he said we probably would not need those. I may yet go back any buy those just for insurance, but it was very cool that he was pro-active about our taking along what we certainly would need (the oil filters and fuel water separator filters) and possible would need in the murky waters (the water pump rebuild kit).

Second, Rose Point Software, makers of Coastal Explorer. This is THE slickest PC planning and navigation software. Rose Point answers their phone, responds to emails, and has a support forum that they monitor apparently continually. Brad at Rose Point first helped me get the right hardware (and helped me avoid buying unnecessary hardware I was considering) to get the Raymarine C-80 and Digital Yacht AIS receiver / multiplexer all working to input data to the PC running Coastal Explorer, and then most recently helped me get over an installation problem with my C-Map Canadian electronic charts. I posted the problem on a Saturday and he responded the next day, Sunday. I know of no other software company that has such great support.
gulfcoast john

City/Region: PENSACOLA
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2010
C-Dory Model: 255 Tomcat
Vessel Name: Cat O' Mine
Photos: CAT O' MINE
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:22 pm    Post subject: smartplug Reply with quote

I emailed SmartPlug because my 2014 30A shorepower cord (only they make marine shorepower cords with each conductor strand fully-tinned full length ) blue LED power-on indicator at the plug quit working, tho full power was coming in to the boat. Got a same day reply from Terry that there was no hot-swap replacement possible, but the whole shebang was covered under their 7 year warranty (NAME SOMETHING, ANYTHING, ANYTHING AT ALL ON YOUR BOAT WITH A 7-YEAR WARRANTY IN SALTWATER USE! Even my prime Blue Seas 40A charger is 5 years, and no one matches that).
He asked for images which I sent and a brand new 50Ft 30A $181 (FisheriesSupply price) shorepower cord is on the way with instructions for me to send the defective cord (ie LED) back in the new box with a provided UPS account, so even shipping this heavy duty cord back to them is free for me!
AWESOME customer service you'd never get from Marinco (whose 70 year old RV twist lock design fire hazard power plug you should have replaced years ago with a SmartPlug...a 30-60min job at worst. DO IT!).
Happy Shopping!
John

hardee

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Friday morning I put in a call to NMI (C-Dory manufactures) looking for what colors they are making now. Actually I was scrambling to find a source for Cabernet Gelcoat.

This morning I called again, and a person, Dianna answered the phone. She told me they have a Cabernet in the system for build right now, and gave me the color code and the phone number for they source they use. It took 2 minutes on the phone and very helpful. Good service.

Half an hour later I got a call from Greg, responding to my call from Friday.

The number Dianna gave me was for their supplier, GelCoat Products, in Seattle. "Al" answered the phone on the second ring, had the color chart and will sell in Quarts. They can be mixed how you need, paste, liquid wax or no wax and ship Fed Ex. Super patient with all my dumb questions and very helpful with answering so I could take notes and pass it on to they FG guy. Great service.

GelCoat Products, in Seattle 206-781-1162 They do all the C-Dory colors.

http://www.gelcoatproducts.com/

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 10 of 11

Jump to: