The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

canvas photos needed
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Cockpit and Accessories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sea Angel

City/Region: Virginia Beach, VA
State or Province: VA
Photos: Sea Angel
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom,
You are correct as to the setup of the CD25 cover. The cover does go inside of the side rails (but snaps along the gunwale). It is set along the forward top inside of the splash well, along the gunwales, up the sides of the cabin and across the roof, forward of the the molded lip above the cabin door.

The full camper back on Sea Angel shares all the snaps that are used with the mooring cover. It is a very tight cover when set.

Hope I did not confuse you.

http://www.c-brats.com/modules.php?set_albumName=album607&id=Bartlett_1&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_photo.php

Maybe this will help. Here is a photo of Sea Angel and crew. Notice the snaps along the rails and splash well as well as how the top is snapped to the roof.

Art

CBRAT #208
2005 CD25 #075 SEA ANGEL (SOLD)
USCGAUX (RET), USN(RET)
Broadcast TV ENG(RET)
ka1rx@verizon.net
hardee

City/Region: Sequim
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI Tom,

I know the 25 has the rails and is set up differently. OK. The same principal apply. If I was doing a mooring cover, I would want it tight, snug and cover everything.

See how this one is not so tight, and fits inside the cockpit? I would look to avoid that. I would probably figure a way to run a line, (1/4" nylon, temporarily -- for when the cover is being used -- that would help support the weight, -- wet, leaves, or snow load -- aside from just the snaps.

On my cover, (that goes over the bow pulpit), it has reinforcement for the rails, cleats and the radar, and the same could be done on the 25. I would run a single line from the handrails on the cabin top, down to outside the splashwell, and do that on each side of the cockpit. And then I would run a second set of lines from the same handholds on top diagonally across the cockpit to the opposite corner, again to help support the canvas load.

Idea If you are making this cover, or having it made, you have some input in how it is done and how well it will work. Make sense Question

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

Sea Angel

City/Region: Virginia Beach, VA
State or Province: VA
Photos: Sea Angel
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom;
If it would help I will try to remove my camper back and mount the cockpit cover. The cover has been several years in storage and I have to get my hands on it. Hopefully any pixs I can get will answer all your questions. This hopefully will be next week, as long as I find my "Note To Self" (old man stuff Rolling Eyes ). Besides, I should have a pix of it for my documentation.

I do remember how challenging it was till it got stretched a little for the fitting. The factory cover serves as both a mooring and travel cover. When it was in use I did not have any water, or stuff, in the cockpit or bilge.

Harvey is absolutely right as to the setup needs. I think the pix displayed above does show the snap locations along the rails to allow for a tight fit. The owner seems to have left the canvas loose for access, at least while he appears to be retrieving the boat toward a dock or ramp. ( Just an opinion.)

Art
Tom on Icarus

City/Region: Campbell River, Vancouver Island
State or Province: BC
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Tranquil~C
Photos: Tranquil~C
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Art,
Please don't go to any trouble to find and deploy your mooring/travel cover. I see the snap pattern at the stern in your pics and I think I can figure it out.
I just thought if someone had pics, already taken, I could see them.
Really, a good canvas maker should be able to figure it out.....you're right.

Thanks everyone for your help.

Cheers, Beer
Tom

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Cockpit and Accessories All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: