The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

New Marinaut 215 Owner
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> All Marinauts, All The Time
View previous topic :: View next topic  
primetime

City/Region: Northwest CT
State or Province: CT
C-Dory Year: 2012
Vessel Name: Irish Queen
Photos: Irish Queen
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:01 pm    Post subject: New Marinaut 215 Owner Reply with quote

Hello everybody. My name is Steve. I have been a shadow member here since last summer when I first discovered the C-Dory boat line and this site. I'm pleased and excited to announce that my wife and I are the newest owners of a Marinaut 215. My hull, #4, is complete and is currently in assembly and then off to rigging. I expect to take delivery next month. We will be Les' third boat on the water when done.

First let me express my heartfelt appreciation to the two site admins, Mike and Bill. This is a great community that you have set up and allowed to grow and flourish. I have spent countless hours here researching and refining my purchase decision and quite frankly it would not have been possible without this site. An endeavor like this has to be a labor of love and it shows. Well done.

And to all of the active site contributors - many, many thanks to you as well. Without your countless discussions, pictures, and stories I would probably still be wondering what my next boat would be. Sharing your knowledge, your experiences, and your varied uses of the boat has been a wonderful education for me. It has opened my eyes to many possibilities that I really never thought existed for this size boat.

I've been day boating and fishing for a long time on boats 20' and under and I've known I've wanted a boat like this boat for a while, I just didn't know exactly what "this" was. I'm a "northeast coaster" and we do not see many pilothouse style boats similar to C-Dorys nor have much like it to choose from. Finding a warm and dry, trailer-able boat that you are equally comfortable sleeping on for a night or two, fishing or cruising on the coast or inland on the lakes and rivers and one that won't break the bank at every turn just doesn't happen.

Last summer I had the opportunity to spend the day on a friend's 24' Osprey - my intro to a NW style pilothouse. Not too long afterward I saw the BoatUS cover story on Bill and El. Noticing the similarities and spending some time searching on line I found the brand's sites and with the help of the C-Brats was able to piece together the brands relationships and the rich and twisted history. All the while I was reading about what Dave and Les were trying to do with upstart Marinaut Boat Co.. The rest was as we say "is history". I quickly knew what I wanted in a boat and realized how much I didn't know and had to learn. It's really been fascinating and fun learning about what you do and where you go with these boats. At times it's been very challenging but at all times rewarding and always a virtual great get away.

There were a lot of things that went into my decision to go with a Marinaut over a C-Dory, but other than the boat itself, one of the single biggest was and still is Les Lampman. His experience and knowledge, attention to detail, unwillingness to cut corners, openness and honesty and loyalty to the brand really set him apart. All this became evident and is proved out over time on this site and the respect and friendship that you all have for him and likewise he has for many of you. So, again my hats off to you all.

And I'd like to especially thank Rich and Betty of the Betty Ann, owners of the first Marinaut, for sharing their time and experience with the boat. Though my decision was largely made prior to their purchase announcement last year, I was able follow the build of their boat and to trial their boat with Les this spring when they took delivery and that helped solidify things for me. My wife and I have subsequently enjoyed time with them on their boat and are striking up a new friendship. They are genuinely nice people. This is what it's ultimately all about, enjoying time with family and friends on the water.

This is my first post so I hope to do it right the first time. Smile I've refrained from posting prior to this as I don't have a lot new to bring to the table and many of my questions have been answered here and there in the volume of terrific posts. So thank you again to all for contributing to this site in the ways that you do and for welcoming into the C-brat family the Marinaut.

Marinaut 215 "Irish Queen" 2012
JamesTXSD

City/Region: from island boy to desert dweller
State or Province: AZ
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: "Wild Blue" (sold 9/14)
Photos: Wild Blue
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome aboard, Steve, and yes, you are doing things fine. Congratulations on your upcoming new boat! Very exciting! We'll look forward to hear all about your adventures with the new boat.

Glad to have you here.

Best wishes,
Jim B.

colobear

City/Region: Denver
State or Province: CO
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Photos: C-Cakes
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve,

Welcome to the site and congratulations on your new boat. Many of us are watching the fledgling Marinaut brand with interest. I look forward to hearing of your adventures, trials and successes.

c-ness

City/Region: Bellingham
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2002
C-Dory Model: 24 Tomcat
Vessel Name: C-weetness
Photos: C-weetness
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations and welcome to the site. You are right in that Les wants to get it done right. Enjoy your boat when it's finished. Do you plan to cruise a bit in the Northwest before you return home?
ghone

City/Region: Nanaimo
State or Province: BC
C-Dory Year: 2011
Vessel Name: Kerri On
Photos: Kerri On
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations and welcome aboard. Always fun awaiting a new boat. Enjoy. George
Leo Smith

City/Region: West Seattle
Photos: Leo
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Steve,
Welcome aboard. It would be interesting to hear what you have selected for power, trailer, electronics, accessories, canvas, and hull/deck color. Congratulations on the purchase of your new "pocket yacht".
Best Regards,
Leo
C-Nile

City/Region: Connecticut
Vessel Name: Betty Ann
Photos: C-Nile
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome aboard Steve and Eileen. It was our pleasure to share our new, found love, the Betty Ann, with you this year. We, too, are happy to have found new friends, and look forward to many happy times together. It's nice to see that the East Coast is getting crowded with Marinaut's! It's fascinating that when we stay at transient berths, with so many expensive yachts around us, how many people come up and ask about the Marinaut. If this interest continues, we may need to organize a Northeast user group!

Rich and Betty

Dene

City/Region: Kalama
Vessel Name: Fear Naut & Terra-Sea-Ta
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats Steve. I write this from Elliot Bay Marina, on my 21 foot boat, wishing it had the features your new boat has. You made a great choice.

And....Les is the best!!

-Greg
primetime

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim - Thanks. I really enjoy you numerous posts - humorous, insightful and educational. You have a good heart.
C-ness - Not sure of exactly how we will take delivery yet. A lot depends on the timing. I'm still one of those "on a schedule". I sure would like to cruise those waters though.
Rich - I'll see you on the water soon for some more 'training'.

Leo - here's the main list:

Honda BF115
Honda 9.9 kicker
Lenco trim tabs w/ LED switches
Lewmar Windlass Pro Fish 700
Raymarine E97, Radar, Smartpilot X-10
Radar Arch
Standard Horizon Matrix AIS VHF Radio
Molded livewell
Raw water washdown also plumbed to freshwater tank
Shore Power
Wallas stove

King #4100 tandem axle galvanized trailer with rollers, side load guides, electric over hydraulic 4 wheel disc breaks

The hull color is Emerald Green. Les says it's sort of a "British Racing Green". To me it is a shade lighter than a forest green. The deck is white. Camper top is a sand/tan sunbrella and interior is similar, but a shade off. Cabinetry just like the Betty Ann - white w/mahogany trim. You can tell I'm not into the decorating end of things. But do know beauty when I see it, though. Wink
hardee

City/Region: Sequim
C-Dory Year: 2005
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve, Congrats on the new boat. You will love it. I have seen, driven and photographed Rich's boat when it was here, and it goes nice, looks great and Les will do it excellent. (By the way, I think I'm the first guy to take a shower in the cockpit ---> (Thanks to Starcraft Tom and the Washington State ferry wake). neat boats, quick and responsive, comfortable and will be very well finished.

Enjoy,

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

OG Dave on the Marinaut in Sequim Bay

primetime

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back home from the glass shop ready for some magic touches. Very Happy

Last edited by primetime on Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:28 am; edited 1 time in total
primetime

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duplicate Post - Just found where they hide the edit button! Embarassed

Last edited by primetime on Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:27 am; edited 1 time in total
primetime

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duplicate Post
Jake

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Primetime,

Thanks for posting the picture, hope you can do more in the future.

Jake
starcrafttom

City/Region: marysville
C-Dory Year: 1984
C-Dory Model: 27 Cruiser
Vessel Name: to be decided later
Photos: Susan E
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

told you to hold on Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> All Marinauts, All The Time All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: