The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Bow Roller Fix

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Salty Dog

City/Region: Traverse City
State or Province: MI
Photos: Salty Dog
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 10:24 am    Post subject: Bow Roller Fix Reply with quote

OK, just got done installing my Sprint 600 windlass on the boat. A while back, I remember seeing a picture of where somebody drilled a couple of holes into the factory bow roller and attached some fender washers to help keep the flukes from their Danforth anchor from chipping the bow of the boat when bringing it up. I have been searching high and low for this picture on the site, but can't find it. Does anybody know where this is at?

Thanks,
Jack
MOOSE

City/Region: Rainy Lake - Int'l. Falls
State or Province: MN
C-Dory Year: 2001
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: MOOSE
Photos: MOOSE
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently posted a pic in the MOOSE album to show a modification of my bow roller, but it was to enable self-launching of a Delta, not for the purpose you stated.
Al

Sea Wolf

City/Region: Redding
State or Province: CA
C-Dory Year: 1987
Vessel Name: Sea Wolf
Photos: Sea Wolf
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jack- I looked for you too, but can't seem to find the photo.Maybe someone will remember it, or perhaps the boat owner himself will see your post. We can always figure it out from scratch.

Al- Great / clever placement of the folding fan! Does it have multiple speeds? Ought to push the heat home in the winter and circulate fresh air in the summer. Still love that moose rack! Too bad I can't think of an appropriate set for Sea Wolf. Ears? Teeth? Big red tongue? Hmmm... Starting to look more like Wylie Coyote than a Sea Wolf!

Hope all of you have a great weekend! Joe.

Sea Wolf, C-Brat #31
Lake Shasta, California

"Most of my money I spent on boats and women. The rest I squandered'. " -Annonymous
MOOSE

City/Region: Rainy Lake - Int'l. Falls
State or Province: MN
C-Dory Year: 2001
Vessel Name: MOOSE
Photos: MOOSE
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the comment on the fan, Joe. I've only used it a time or two so far, but I think it will have advantages as you point out. It is one speed only, but I may eventually put in a rheostat. It's not that it blows such a terrible amount of air, but it is a bit noisy.
Al
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Anchoring All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: