The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Sleeping on the Marinaut
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> All Marinauts, All The Time
View previous topic :: View next topic  
C-Nile

City/Region: Connecticut
State or Province: CT
C-Dory Year: 2012
Vessel Name: Betty Ann
Photos: C-Nile
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is an update on my Interstate battery situation. As I stated previously, my Interstate group 31 house battery failed after one season. I spoke with the service manager at my marina and he assured me that they set their battery chargers for AGM batteries, that they don't overcharge and that they utilize a rotational charging methodology which protects the batteries. Interestingly, my now eight-year-old Cabela's AGM battery lasted throughout the 2016 season. Next season, I'm going to give Interstate batteries one last chance. These batteries are expensive and should last a lot longer than one year, particularly that they are only lightly discharged, and are not subjected to extreme heat. Frankly, I don't have a clue as to why these interstate batteries are suffering a premature failure. The one thing that both Interstate battery failures have in common is that they failed over the winter: one case was at EQ Marine, and the other at Port Niantic. So I don't think the problem originates at the Marina. I'll Report back to the group in a couple years on how my of third interstate battery fared.

Rich

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> All Marinauts, All The Time All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: