View previous topic :: View next topic  
TyBoo

City/Region: Warrenton
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 1996
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruise Ship
Vessel Name: TyBoo
Photos: TyBoo
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 3:43 am    Post subject: Re: re: Seamanship Reply with quote

orfelia wrote:
I would love to have a folder to share some pictures. I need to take some new ones first! Maybe this weekend I will snap a few.

Kris -

Well, I don't know if there is much scenery way out there in them islands, but on the off chance there is, we set you up with an album. You can find it on the list in alphabetical order, or just click the link in the profile info to the left of all your message posts.

Actually, I am pretty sure your pictures will be pretty popular to lots of us. I am so anxious to see them that I set up your album in the middle of the night after working 16 hours. (Don't feel too bad for me - they paid me for it, and I get tomorrow off to prepare for the trip to Sequim. I suckered them right into this one!)

I don't recall ever seeing any C-Dory pictures from the Hawaiian Islands. Thanks for looking us up and joining this little bunch of fine folks. And thank you very much for the forthcoming pics!

Mike
TyBoo

City/Region: Warrenton
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 1996
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruise Ship
Vessel Name: TyBoo
Photos: TyBoo
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Maybe we should get Tyboo or Bill to separate the Autopilot discussion from the following seas one for sake of clarity.

What?!? Orderly and organized, you want? I bet you were a strict teacher! Well, OK, it's a good idea. But please remind me or Bill when we get back from Sequim Bay. I used up all my nearnerdness making a Hawaii CD album, which seemed way more important.

Thanks.

orfelia

City/Region: Honolulu, Hawaii
State or Province: HI
C-Dory Year: 1993
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Orfelia
Photos: Orfelia
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 4:28 am    Post subject: Re: re: Seamanship Reply with quote

TyBoo wrote:
orfelia wrote:
I would love to have a folder to share some pictures. I need to take some new ones first! Maybe this weekend I will snap a few.

I don't recall ever seeing any C-Dory pictures from the Hawaiian Islands. Thanks for looking us up and joining this little bunch of fine folks. And thank you very much for the forthcoming pics!

Mike

I added a few pictures, they are fairly old (from when I first bought the boat) and I threw in a few pictures from around the neighborhood. I'll be taking some new pictures in the coming weeks. I don't usually take a camera with me, but I should. Several times I've been out and seen whales, dolphin, turtles, sharks and other sealife. There's a tropical depression right now, so it's not the best weather to be out -- but I'm an optimist so I'm expecting good weather for the weekend!

Reading through the site and browsing through the pictures, it seems like a great group of people.

All the best,

Kris
orfelia

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

seabran wrote:
Hi Kris,
You need to watch out for those surf breaks. I have heard the surfers can get real mean if you try to share their waves - especially with a C-Dory! Shocked

Glad it turned out okay with that 7ft wave. I am sure you have some great cruising in your area. One day I hope to get to Hawaii but won't be able to bring the C-Dory. Neutral

Steve

This is true, cutting in on someone's wave is a major offense. The area that I was in is fairly close to a famous surf break called "china walls." I was far enough out to be clear of that specific break, but there must be a ledge or something out about 1/8th of a mile that creates another break further out when conditions are right (or wrong)..

I was not far away this weekend when a boat in that area radioed a distress call. They had lost power and were about twenty feet from the rocks. I started out to see if I could help but a few other boats made it before me. Being between those breaks and those rocks is not my idea of a good time.

All the best,

Kris
Captains Cat

City/Region: Cod Creek>Potomac River>Chesapeake Bay
State or Province: VA
C-Dory Year: 2005
Vessel Name: Captain's Choice II
Photos: Captain's Cat
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Kris, great pictures. You're the only other CD I've found that has two Honda 45s as I do. Were they original on the boat and how many hours do you have on them??

Charlie

CHARLIE and PENNY CBRAT #100
Captain's Cat II 2005 22 Cruiser
Thataway (2006 TC255 - Sold Aug 2013)
Captain's Cat (2006 TC255 - Sold January 2012)
Captain's Kitten (1995 CD 16 Angler- Sold June 2010)
Captain's Choice (1994 CD 22 Cruiser- Sold Jun 2007)
Potomac River/Chesapeake Bay
K4KBA
orfelia

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Captains Choice wrote:
Welcome Kris, great pictures. You're the only other CD I've found that has two Honda 45s as I do. Were they original on the boat and how many hours do you have on them??

Charlie

Charlie,

The engines are original on the boat and they have about 550hrs on them. Have they been reliable for you? I've not had any problems so far.

Have you done any major work on yours?

Regards,

Kris
Captains Cat

City/Region: Cod Creek>Potomac River>Chesapeake Bay
State or Province: VA
C-Dory Year: 2005
Vessel Name: Captain's Choice II
Photos: Captain's Cat
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Kris, mine are original too, 94's with about 350 hours on them. Have had the carbs rebuilt, maninly because it sat for 5 years before I bought it and they got all gummed up. Have rebuilt waterpumps a couple of times too.

Currently the Stbd engine has several cracks in the lower unit, back by the prop from a buildup of pressure from a fishing line that got wrapped around it. I didn't know it until I hauled the boat this year. You can see the damage in the Outboards Picture Album. It didn't penetrate the gear oil reservoir though and didn't do any other damage, matter of fact the only symptom was a low pressure in the cooling water overboard.

Rather than trying to weld this, I'm going to swap the lower unit out with a good one from Bill and Els blown power head 2000 40HP unit. They most graciously gave it to me. I've offered C-Brats other parts from the engine, much if not all of it is interchangable with 35/40/45/50 HP hondas from all years.

Charlie
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Seamanship All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: