B~C

City/Region: Bend
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 1999
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Blue~C
Photos: Blue~C
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yiper, next week doesn't look to user friendly as far as ocean conditions go.
FISHING REPORT-
Thursday- arrived late and crossed the bar about an hour after the accident, bar was nice with a few speed bumps, scratched around the CR, no action, Bro-in-law hurled

Friday- the word on the dock was go south, so we did, fished the water 12- 13 miles south of the CR, scratched up a few fish, didn't see to many nets flying for the amount of boats down there, in-law made it through the day,he's gotten better at net handling and fishing in general.

Saturday- played a hunch and threw our gear in at bouy 1 and fished our way to the NW to deeper water, caught a few natives until we hit about 260', from 260-300 we filled our fish bag with silvers including a pair of 15 pounders and a 16 pounder, in-law is gaining respect as a rookie fisherman.
Saturday night- in-law heads to restroom, I turn in, 10:20 am almost sleeping when I'm awakened by the sound of in-law going ker-splunk as he tried to cut the corner from the main dock to our slip, fish out in-law, check for adipose fin, finding none I throw him in the boat, collect related in-law debris floating around boat (hat, shoe), in-law lost much of his new found respect as fisherman, I remind retired smoke jumper in-law that he must make sure there is land under foot when stepping off an object as he no longer wears parachute

Sunday- ventured outside for a repeat of Saturdays fishing, no boats in sight as we again enjoy a steady bite in the deeper water.

8-12 pulls herring & a fish flash & diver, we never did run into any hot bites in our travels, but we did run into another C-Brat in our travels down south

in-famous in-law angler- http://www.c-brats.com/modules.php?set_albumName=Blue~C&id=jerry_fish&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_photo.php

TyBoo

City/Region: Warrenton
C-Dory Year: 1996
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruise Ship
Vessel Name: TyBoo
Photos: TyBoo
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good story, B~C!

Sorry I didn't return your call, but you don't like talking on them cell phones anyhow. Thanks for trying, though. We did not go out today. Tomorrow morning me and dad are out untl 11:00 or so, then I have to head to town for business junk. Tuesday we start fishing for real.

Yep - the ocean don't look too friendly. They have been snagging some nice ones in my back yard, so we'll probably stay close for a few days. I just hope the ocean is nice for the Labor Day weekend to escape the river madhouse.

I just looked at some buoy reports in the Gulf of Mexico, and our ocean doesn't look so bad afterall. They have 33' waves at 14 seconds and 18' wind waves at 9 seconds. But the wind wave steepness is listed as Average, so maybe it's OK.

B~C

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are correct, stupid cell phones. Youdamnbetcha on the Holliday ocean conditions, it's so much nicer to fish out there where you have room to roam. If you start smackin um in the river Jr & I will be right down. Good luck on the creek.

Between fishing trips, should we come home instead of camping in your woods?
TyBoo

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Between fishing trips, should we come home instead of camping in your woods?

You better head on home. The cops threw the toilet paper away.
B~C

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just fer the heck of it I gawked at the wetsand site for the gulf http://www.wetsand.com/swellwatch/swellwatch.asp?CatId=301 like you say, our forcast doesn't sound to bad, but, the river may be the place to be
B~C

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the heads up, I'll stop at Costco for more TP Smile
CatyMae n Steve

City/Region: Jefferson, OR
C-Dory Year: 2006
Vessel Name: CatyMae
Photos: CatyMae
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

B~C you got us rollin laughin here! Great in-law story Laughing
lloyds

City/Region: sublimity
Vessel Name: undecided
Photos: 1996 22 Cruiser (Lloyds)
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone ever heard of, or used, a "brad thomen thumper"?
rogerbum

City/Region: Kenmore
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 255 Tomcat
Vessel Name: Meant to be
Photos: SeaDNA
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never heard of it. Please provide some context....
lloyds

City/Region: sublimity
Vessel Name: undecided
Photos: 1996 22 Cruiser (Lloyds)
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are quite a few guys where I work that are headed for buoy ten in the next few days. Someone said this is the lure that is really hot. Apparently all the stores in the salem area are sold out. Red and white.
reelist

City/Region: Salem, OR
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lloyds wrote:
There are quite a few guys where I work that are headed for buoy ten in the next few days. Someone said this is the lure that is really hot. Apparently all the stores in the salem area are sold out. Red and white.

Hi Lloyd,

A Bob Toman spinner. Yep, Red/white they say altho in the ocean Sat off the CR it didn't seem 'hot'...Thumbs Down

Mark
TyBoo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That color wasn't hot today in the river, either. Three of us on the boat, two fish in the box, and one broke the leader. I towed a red/white almost all day. I swapped between the one Lynn Marie Tim made for me and the one CatyMae Caty and Steve bought and gave to me. Nothing. My dad drowned bait and got no interest. The three fish were hooked on some other color Brad's spinner that the third guy was using.

The two fish in the box were nice ones. Too bad they were so few and took so long to get. We did get to see Uncle Ritchie on C-Critter out there, though. That was cool.
TyBoo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That color wasn't hot today in the river, either. Three of us on the boat, two fish in the box, and one broke the leader. I towed a red/white almost all day. I swapped between the one Lynn Marie Tim made for me and the one CatyMae Caty and Steve bought and gave to me. Nothing. My dad drowned bait and got no interest. The three fish were hooked on some other color Brad's spinner that the third guy was using.

The two fish in the box were nice ones. Too bad they were so few and took so long to get. We did get to see Uncle Ritchie on C-Critter out there, though. That was cool.

By the way - if you are looking for the Brad's spinners, Bob's in Longview has them. The only other place I know for sure to find one is in some big salmon's mouth somewhere in the Columbia River, and it will even have a swivel and leader attached.
B~C

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found fishing to be poor yesterday so hauled the boat home and called it a season. What a strange season it was, lumpy ocean, hit and miss fishing, we had some good days and some poor days.
I'm kind of bummed in that I was hoping to get some fish stored away (did that) and the fishing to heat up before I started inviting folks out, but, the fishing never really heated up to where I felt comfortable having somebody spend a bunch of gas $$ to come down for spotty fishing.
maybe next year, next year we'll hammer um

I ran into the new owner of Cygnet the other day, that sure is a nice boat, the owner seems like a good chap also
TyBoo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chinook fishing is closed in the ocean off the CR because B~C caught too many. Inside the river, one chinook is still allowed because I can't catch nothin' and can't afford the gas to get to the ocean.

Quote:
Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife
Internet: www.dfw.state.or.us

For Immediate Release Wednesday, Sept. 7, 2005

Chinook retention prohibited starting Friday north of Cape Falcon

CLACKAMAS – State and federal fishery managers today decided to prohibit the retention of chinook starting Friday, Sept. 9, in the ocean recreational fishery from Cape Falcon near Manzanita, Oregon north to Leadbetter Point in Washington.

Today’s action was taken because chinook catches in the ocean off the mouth of the Columbia River have been higher than expected and managers wanted to maintain angling opportunity for adipose fin-clipped coho. As of Sept. 5, biologists report that 40,000 of the 43,250 chinook quota have been taken by recreational anglers north of Cape Falcon.

The season remains open seven days per week. The daily bag limit is two salmon, but all chinook must be released carefully and unharmed. All retained coho must have a healed adipose fin-clip and be a minimum of 16 inches long.

Managers will meet again Tuesday, Sept. 13, via teleconference to determine how long the fishery can remain open for adipose fin-clipped coho.

Additional information on ocean salmon fishing regulations may be obtained in the 2005 Oregon Ocean Salmon and Halibut Sport Fishing Regulations. The green pamphlet is available at license agents and Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife offices. Information also is posted to the ODFW Web site at: http://www.dfw.state.or.us/MRP/salmon/.
###
Page 1 of 1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: