The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

EZ-Loader Bunk Trailer
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Trailers and Towing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Barry Rietz

City/Region: Sierra Vista
State or Province: AZ
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 4:27 am    Post subject: Loading Trailer Properly Reply with quote

Colby, Most of the C-Dory 22' Cruisers on EZ Loader trailers have their adjustments made so the transom is even with the aft end of bunks. Moving the bow roller support back 4 inches is not going to change the tongue weight by any significant amount. I would not cut the end of bunks off as has been suggested. If you look under the aft end of each bunk, you will see a galvanized "tab" with hole. This tab is used to secure boat to trailer with a tension strap attached to transom "U" bolts. Apparently you did not get any with the rig? The side guides are another issue but after a few launches it should become clear what will best work for you.
colbysmith

City/Region: Madison
State or Province: WI
C-Dory Year: 2009
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: C-Traveler
Photos: C-Traveler and Midnight-Flyer
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are right about the metal under the wood bunks, and why cutting it won't work. The tie down strap that came with the boat goes across the entire transom from side to side and hooks into holes on the trailer frame. I may eventually switch to tie downs as you mention, but for now the other strap is working ok. (Except I can't remember how to hook the strap thru the buckel and get it too hold...so I may be using the seperate tiedowns sooner than later....no problem, I have several of them hanging in the garage. Wink
colbysmith

City/Region: Madison
State or Province: WI
C-Dory Year: 2009
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: C-Traveler
Photos: C-Traveler and Midnight-Flyer
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting reading thru my old thread here. Eventually, I added the two extra bunks to the trailer, and did a whole lot of trailering with Midnight Flyer. Got the trailer set up perfectly, and life was good.
Last year went to the 25 "C-Traveler", and early this year picked up a new Load Rite trailer. Now still trying to get the best setup, primarily with the target bunks. Also interesting, this trailer only comes with two main bunks, and yet it's specs allow for something heavier than the 25. And I guess I'm a lot more comfortable with just two bunks with the last decade of experience behind me. Although I have though a few times about if it would be better to add two more bunks. But there are a whole lot of boats being towed around with just two bunks under them. I'm wondering if a keel roller under the bow would make life easier than the target bunks. What I'm finding is that winching the 25 on is quite a bit tougher than the 22 was to winch on. Perhaps I have set the target bunks to high, as I did have them touching the hull with the trailer and boat dry on land. Today I repositioned the target bunks a bit lower, so the back of them are about 4 inches from the hull, and the front are just a smidge away from the hull. There purpose is not to support any weight anyway, but rather to just catch and center the bow as the boat comes onto the trailer, which is going to be angled up when back down on the ramp. I'll probably have to play a little more with how far to back the trailer in to just float it off the main bunks, while still not necessarily needing to put the target bunks under the water. Colby
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Trailers and Towing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: