The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Calling all Cape Cruiser/Venture Owners....

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Casey

City/Region: The Villages(FL)
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: "Dessert 1st"
Photos: Dessert 1st
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:06 pm    Post subject: Calling all Cape Cruiser/Venture Owners.... Reply with quote

I'm thinking of cutting-in some storage hatches in the V-berth area on my Venture23 (Cape Cruiser). I know several C-Dory owner's who have made this modification and love the increased "deep storage."

At issue is a slight change in how the CC23 is made. There is a smallish compartment on both sides of the portapoddy area, and that will really impact the available storage space (if) I begin cutting.

My question is: have any Venture/CC23 owners made this modification, (any pic's would be GREAT) and if so what did you find below the V-berth surface. I know there will be foam to cut-out, but I want to make sure the space gained would make the project useful. Need ideas, so I'm putting the Idea to the C-Brat Brain Trust!

Best,
Casey

NORO LIM

City/Region: Olympia
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2006
Vessel Name: NORO LIM (sold 12/12/14)
Photos: NORO LIM
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good question, Casey. I'm also interested to know if anyone has undertaken a project like this.
Will-C

City/Region: Temple
State or Province: PA
C-Dory Year: 2008
Vessel Name: Will-C
Photos: Will-C
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:37 pm    Post subject: Calling all Cape Cruiser/Venture Owners.... Reply with quote

Our 2008 Venture has three compartments under the berth area. I'm away from the boat at the moment. I will do a sub album on Venture storage next week.
D.D.

ghone

City/Region: Nanaimo
State or Province: BC
C-Dory Year: 2011
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Kerri On
Photos: Kerri On
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Casey. You must be in LM. Good for you. Check Pacific Wanderer album. Ross has huge bins up there. His is an '08. I can't recall if it came that way or he opened it up. I will look. My 2011 cd 22 has the 3 hatches with no foam. Big area we store clothes in bins and a spare prop books and music cd's. Tool kits on centre. Spare line for locking thru. Gotta sawzall?! Cheers and welcome home. Say hey to Rich. You guys fixed the economy ok. Well done. See you soon have fun. George and Carolyn CoolSmile
Tim & Dave Kinghorn

City/Region: El Dorado Hills
State or Province: CA
C-Dory Year: 2007
Vessel Name: Sound Venture
Photos: Sound Venture
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:18 pm    Post subject: Forward Holds Reply with quote

Hi Casey!

Ours is a 2006 venture, and we are in the process of opening up the areas under the forward port and starboard areas under the berth.

There is considerable room for storage. Under the port side there is the 2" water inlet to the water tank which passes through the forward portion and is buried in the foam. Both sides were filled with foam, and it is a bit of work to dig it out.

As I'm in Sacramento, and I won't be back up to Seattle for a month or so, I can't add the pictures at this time.

A big thank you for pointing to the water tank as the source of the water intrusion under the decking. I haven't had a chance to check the tank, but I almost certain I'll find the cracking around that fitting that you discovered.

Tim and Dave Kinghorn

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Cabin, Interior All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: