The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Transom drains

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Hull, Deck and Fittings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cbadmin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2003 7:35 pm    Post subject: Transom drains Reply with quote

Anyone ever replace the brass drain tubes in the transom well or drain plug. While doing the annual resealing of all the screws in the transom I gave these tubes a close inspection and think it's time to reseal.
I found the brass tubes but don't know what type of tool is used to do the flair.

Thanks for any help
stevej

Heck yeah I have! Two of them on my Classic. I ended up making a tool out of a huge bolt and nut. I ground down the nut on the one side to make for a good flare. Then I finished the flairs with a ball peen hammer. I had to have someone inside the boat to hold the wrench though, it worked out excellent, and totally stopped the seepage I had there. The wood was soaked in the transom..of course. Not to worry though, I sealed it with something I forget? and shazam.. it was fixed.

Thanks Greg, found a flanging tool for $26 on line but also found some two part plastic transom drains I may use instead. Cheap and easy enough to install that yanking them out say every other year to reseal would not be a problem.
Transomdrains
Flangingtool

stevej

Wow, thnx for the link. I went back with brass for the sake of maintaining the same drain diameter. I like the larger hole diameter.
TyBoo

City/Region: Warrenton
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 1996
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruise Ship
Vessel Name: TyBoo
Photos: TyBoo
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2003 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PS: On the second attemt at my home made drain installer tool, and having two drains to replace, I welded a 9/16 nut to one end, so I no longer needed anyones help to do such a small task.... ARG, I do learn slowly at times...
Redƒox

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2003 3:43 am    Post subject: that site link ??? Reply with quote

Hi Steve, could you post that link again on this thread, it got lost in the tranfer over here. Thnx! ... You know the one of that tool you found online.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Hull, Deck and Fittings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: