View previous topic :: View next topic  
jkidd

City/Region: Northern, Utah
State or Province: UT
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Voyager
Photos: Voyager (JK)
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:12 pm    Post subject: Not C-Dory related sort of Reply with quote

Just wondering how many Cbrats are using the Nest thermostat. I installed one Friday night and have been testing how it works. I must say it is amazing and way cool. It learns on its own so if you don't want to program it you don't have to. If you do want to program it it is very easy to do. It can be monitored from your iPhone, iPad or android so on your way home from boating you just turn it on and your house is warm or cold before you get there. They are a little pricey but so far I think it's going to be well worth it. Here is a link to watch. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=L8TkhHgkBsg
I like gadgets! Very Happy

Morning Star

City/Region: St. Petersburg
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 255 Tomcat
Vessel Name: Morning Star
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have two nests and I am really happy with them. One is a Gen 1 that I got when they first came out. I put it on the downstairs heat pump to check it out. I liked it so much that I bought a second one for upstairs when the 2nd generation came out. I don't really notice much difference between the two models. I like being able to program them remotely, like from my chair or in bed (or the boat to keep this C-Dory related-kind of). I like being able to program the schedule easily, unlike my previous thermostats. It is nice to be able to check the temperature from anywhere. The away mode is cool. I don't have metrics yet, but I think that we are saving money on our electric bill. It will take a while to recoup the investment though. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: