HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Chartplotter/sounder

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bearbait

City/Region: North Pole
State or Province: AK
C-Dory Year: 1991
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 6:09 pm    Post subject: Chartplotter/sounder Reply with quote

I'm looking at likely getting a gps/sounder combo, maybe Garmin, I haven't decided yet. On a combo unit can you adjust how much of the screen is chartplotter and how much is fishfinder or is it non adjustable? Thanks
Alyssa Jean

City/Region: Guemes Is.(Anacortes)
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Vessel Name: Alyssa Jean
Photos: Anna Leigh and Alyssa Jean
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the larger Garmin and Ratheon displays you can have a split screen. I had a Garmin 188C on the 22 and I don't believe you can do that. However with the press of a key you can toggle between depth, chart, navigation, and other screeens.

Alyssa Jean 16 Angler
Anna Leigh 22 Cruiser Sold 2005
Anna Leigh 25 Cruiser Sold 2014

K7KJR C-Brats #51
416rigby

City/Region: Port Angeles
C-Dory Year: 2001
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Foggy Dew
Photos: Foggy Dew
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Garmin 188C and I love it. Yes, you can adjust the size. I do just that almost every trip while we're trolling. It's very easy to use this unit. Check out the Garmin website. You used to be able to download the manuals for the various units...if you can still do that, read through it and see what you think. I did before I bought mine.

Rick

At last...home for good in the Great Northwest!

2001 22 Cruiser "Foggy Dew" 2006-2013
Pat Anderson

City/Region: Birch Bay, WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Daydream
Photos: Daydream and Crabby Lou
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We had the Garmin 188C on the "old" Daydream, and can second the recommendation for it. This is a chartplotter/sounder combo unit, and it was very easy to use. I noticed it is now selling for a couple hundred $$$ less now than we paid for it in 2003, right around $999 at West and Boater's World now, so you can probably get it even cheaper at Broken Leg Dave's. That is bare, no chip. I strongly recommend the Garmin Bluechart - MapSource CD package, a blank data chip and the cabling to connect the unit to your computer over the pre-programmed Bluechips. I got the Bluechart CD first, and then I wanted another area, so I bought a pre-programmed chip for that...Even though the mapping is great on both, the sheer convenience of plotting waypoints and routes on the computer and then downloading them to the GPS makes that the only way to go in my book, that is, if cruise planning matters to you.

416rigby wrote:
I have a Garmin 188C and I love it. Yes, you can adjust the size. I do just that almost every trip while we're trolling. It's very easy to use this unit. Check out the Garmin website. You used to be able to download the manuals for the various units...if you can still do that, read through it and see what you think. I did before I bought mine.

Rick

DAYDREAM - CD25 Cruiser
CRABBY LOU - CD16 Angler (sold 2020)
Pat & Patty Anderson, C-Brat #62!
http://daydreamsloop.blogspot.com

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Electronics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: