The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Jan 2012 update and Seattle Boat Show
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> All Marinauts, All The Time
View previous topic :: View next topic  
B~C

City/Region: Bend
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 1999
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Blue~C
Photos: Blue~C
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what if you put the bimini on the Scion? would it be just to much ugliness concentrated on one vehicle?......the boat, the car, both look fine to me.

any developments on a 25 foot version?

C-Nile

City/Region: Connecticut
State or Province: CT
C-Dory Year: 2012
Vessel Name: Betty Ann
Photos: C-Nile
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chuck, Ken:
Actually, the open Scion XB hatch serves as a good replacement for a Bimini, and the coup de grāce with respect to setting a new standard for ugliness would be for me to be seated underneath it.

Marty:
Alright, I'll confess: my heart goes pitter patter over the sight of a Scion XB. I've had Ford Mustangs, and an Acura Legend, but the Scion XB is my favorite car. So I'm with you. It may not be sleek, but it is humble and lovable. It can easily comfortably fit four 6 foot men. In contrast, I was a passenger in an Acura MDX, and was extremely uncomfortable in the rear seat. The Scion rear seating was far superior for me. Incidentally, I like the color you chose for your 16 foot Angler. Both my wife and I love our Bimini/Camper Back on our boat, too.

Rich

DaveS

City/Region: Arlington
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2004
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Sea Shift
Photos: Sea Shift
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

C-Nile wrote:
It can easily comfortably fit four 6 foot men. Rich

Rich, you would be a far better salesmen if you changed your wording to "It can easily comfortably fit four lovely young 6 foot ladies". Mr. Green (That is if you are trying to sell the auto to men... Laughing )

C-Brat #16
westward

City/Region: Seattle
C-Dory Year: 1985
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Vessel Name: TBD
Photos: Steady Eddy
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Les. It really is encouraging to hear a businessperson express commitment to basic, honest, old-fashioned quality these days. Someone who doesn't think purely in terms of the almighty dollar,as if a pile of cash justifies whatever it takes to to gather that pile of cash. Keep building your custom quality boats and let someone else ramp up, outsource production, and take over the world. You are a gem, and I wish you all the best.
Les Lampman
Dealer

City/Region: Whidbey Island
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

B~C wrote:
any developments on a 25 foot version?

Hi,

Not a lot to report but Dave and I did work out the final configuration and dimensions.

The boat will be called the Marinaut 245. The layout is not dissimilar to the CD25...along with hundreds of other boats. The galley is starboard aft of the helm, and the enclosed head aft of that. Upon entering the cabin, a storage cabinet is on the port side (across from the head compartment) and a dinette forward of that. The details are really what sets a boat apart so they're quite different on the Marinaut from other boats.

I intend to offer the boat a couple of ways. One as a very basic boat with a portable toilet in the head compartment with no shower plumbing, which also means no water heater, etc. This version will have a smaller bow mounted water tank as well. This is the KISS version and meant to be super simple (for folks that really are just after the enclosed toilet and a bit more space) and as light as possible. I've been challenged to make the M245 towable behind a V-6 powered F150 (without the Eco Tech), so that means a max of 6,000 pounds.

Then we'll also offer more of a fully outfitted version with a marine head (Traveler or Air Head), a shower, water heater, shore power, more water capacity, etc.

One thing we did was concentrate a lot on the head compartment, it's not just a box and good luck using it. It's large enough to be comfortable to use (both toilet and shower) but we did it in such a way as to minimize the impact on the cabin interior space. I'm very happy with how it turned out.

Now all it's going to take is customers. Smile If we get enough interest in the boat we'll move forward with development. I should have an announcement about that fairly soon.

Les

www.marinautboats.com
Les Lampman
Dealer

City/Region: Whidbey Island
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

westward wrote:
Hi Les. It really is encouraging to hear a businessperson express commitment to basic, honest, old-fashioned quality these days. Someone who doesn't think purely in terms of the almighty dollar,as if a pile of cash justifies whatever it takes to to gather that pile of cash. Keep building your custom quality boats and let someone else ramp up, outsource production, and take over the world. You are a gem, and I wish you all the best.

Thank you so much for the kind words...makes me blush! Embarassed

Les
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> All Marinauts, All The Time All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: