The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

CBGT Participation Plans in 2005

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Poll Archives
View previous topic :: View next topic  

This is the year I will join in on a CBGT (C-Brat Get Together).
Yes
68%
 68%  [ 42 ]
No
3%
 3%  [ 2 ]
Maybe - Hope to
27%
 27%  [ 17 ]
Maybe - Doubt it
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 61

TyBoo

City/Region: Warrenton
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 1996
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruise Ship
Vessel Name: TyBoo
Photos: TyBoo
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 1:23 am    Post subject: CBGT Participation Plans in 2005 Reply with quote

A great many of us have made some wonderful friendships by meeting fellow CBers at gatherings dreamed up and initiated through this forum. Some of us went to our first C-Brat Get Together (CBGT) perhaps reluctantly, and without much expectation of it becoming a habit. Most all of us who fit into that group have been pleasantly surprised at what we discovered - about ourselves and our new friends - almost immediately upon arriving at the dock. And we come away with a greater appreciation for the boat we chose, and a fresh perspective on what we can do with it, and what it does for us.

That's just the way it works. The people whose lifestyle the C-Dory fits have very much in common, regardless of how different our lives are. The down to earth, laid back, common sense styling of the boat attracts people whose personalities can be described with the same words. Even the quirks of the boat are at times mirrored in the folks who own them, yet the previously mentioned attributes make the recognition of those things fun.

One of the most frequent comments in the first post or two of new members here is just how great they think this virtual community is. They find value in it as a resource, and rush to thank Bill or me or any of the many frequent posters of helpful information. But what really gets them, I believe, is the friendliness, humor, and genuine good nature of the discourse that runs through the threads of discussion. There is no individual to thank for that. The active members here already had all that before they ever found this place.

What this is all leading to is the simple fact that these are not people who display these traits only behind the anonymity of a screen name. They are really that way, and they bring the same personalities to the dock. If you have never been to one of the gatherings - large and organized, or impromptu and short notice - you are really missing out on something.

More and more of us are finding this out. The number, size and geographical breadth of the CBGTs is growing rapidly, and it is refreshing to watch so many fine people discover what I personally stumbled upon a couple years back.

So that brings us to this Poll question. An invitation, really. It will be interesting, and encouraging, to see just how many people are planning to take part in a C-Brat Get Together this season, whether their first or their next. If you don't find one on the Events Calendar that works for you, then suggest one of your own.

Mike

Last edited by TyBoo on Sun Apr 03, 2005 5:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
B~C

City/Region: Bend
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 1999
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Blue~C
Photos: Blue~C
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn well put Mike.
M and I usually try to avoid social gatherings with CBGTs being the exception. It's enjoyable to B.S. and look at other folks boats. What Mike doesn't mention is that you don't even really have to have a C-Dory to attend. If a person is interested the boats, CBGTs offer a great opportunity to see some boats and get your ears chewed off by proud owners.

Pat Anderson

City/Region: Birch Bay, WA
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Daydream
Photos: Daydream and Crabby Lou
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like B~C says, you can come to a CBGT without a boat (well, at least to the ones in places you can get to without a boat) and partake of the merriment. The Saturday night potlucks are legendary (and the beer ain't bad either here on the Upper Left Coast). Or come in your Starcraft...somebody will give you a tour of their C-Dory and probably offer to take you cruising...

DAYDREAM - CD25 Cruiser
CRABBY LOU - CD16 Angler (sold 2020)
Pat & Patty Anderson, C-Brat #62!
http://daydreamsloop.blogspot.com

dogon dory

State or Province: AK
C-Dory Year: 2005
Vessel Name: DogOnDory
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We don't discriminate here in AK either. No boat, no problem. Join us at the Naked Island gathering with your helo or float plane.

Mike's post is well written. I don't know what it is but this C-Dory thing has got me doing things totally out of character including helping(i.e.helping Mark who got us into this) organize a CBGT(Mike has coined an acronym). Quite a step for an introvert like me.
416rigby

City/Region: Port Angeles
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2001
Vessel Name: Foggy Dew
Photos: Foggy Dew
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have not been to any gathering because of where we live, but one of the things that attracted me to the CD was the folks at this site. My very first post compared CD owners to Harley Davidson owners...fanatic product loyalty and general friendliness and willingness to share their experiences with others. I have to say that I have never seen anything like it. You sure don't see this kind of thing with another boat brand. By the time we're ready to buy our CD, we'll have many things that we want already figured out because of all of the wonderful folks that hang around here.

At last...home for good in the Great Northwest!

2001 22 Cruiser "Foggy Dew" 2006-2013
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Poll Archives All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: