The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Whitecap products

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Hull, Deck and Fittings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ken O

City/Region: West Yellowstone
State or Province: MT
C-Dory Year: 1990
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Ravens' Roost
Photos: Ravens’ Roost
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:31 pm    Post subject: Whitecap products Reply with quote

Has anyone purchased Whitecap through-hulls or other Whitecap products? I'm relocating one bilge pump and adding another. Both will require 90 degree fittings. The only manufacturer that I can find that makes these is Whitecap. I could assemble a lot of plumbing pieces to accomplish the same thing, but it might not fit. The reason I am asking is some of their other products look rather cheaply made--like Chinese knockoffs. I don't want to compromise on through-hulls, but maybe these are OK. Any experience here? Thanks!

I should add that I'm not looking for plastic--Stainless or bronze only.
tsturm

City/Region: Soldotna
State or Province: AK
C-Dory Year: 2003
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: JMR TOO
Photos: JMR-TOO
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Whitecap products Reply with quote

Ken O wrote:
Has anyone purchased Whitecap through-hulls or other Whitecap products? I'm relocating one bilge pump and adding another. Both will require 90 degree fittings. The only manufacturer that I can find that makes these is Whitecap. I could assemble a lot of plumbing pieces to accomplish the same thing, but it might not fit. The reason I am asking is some of their other products look rather cheaply made--like Chinese knockoffs. I don't want to compromise on through-hulls, but maybe these are OK. Any experience here? Thanks!

I should add that I'm not looking for plastic--Stainless or bronze only.

These guys have all sorts of through hull fittings stainless, bronze etc.
https://www.fisheriessupply.com/ If its a close quarters 90 I have cut off the hose barb on a straight bronze through hull & threaded (tapped 1/2 or 3/4 npt) the inside and added a bronze 90 & hose barb. Similar to this.
https://www.fisheriessupply.com/groco-th-cs-series-bulk-head-fitting Thumbs Up Thumbs Up
Ken O

City/Region: West Yellowstone
State or Province: MT
C-Dory Year: 1990
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Ravens' Roost
Photos: Ravens’ Roost
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info. I actually found the through-hulls I wanted at Groco's website. A lot of vendors don't sell direct, but Groco does. Problem solved.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Hull, Deck and Fittings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: