The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

07/27 - 07/29 - Comox, Vancouver Island, BC Gathering
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pat Anderson

City/Region: Birch Bay, WA
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Daydream
Photos: Daydream and Crabby Lou
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Jay - completely un-manipulated, exactly as the camera captured it...I was completely thrilled when I saw it.

c-ness wrote:
That is one great pic Pat! Screen saver material.

DAYDREAM - CD25 Cruiser
CRABBY LOU - CD16 Angler (sold 2020)
Pat & Patty Anderson, C-Brat #62!
http://daydreamsloop.blogspot.com

Pat Anderson

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, my blog of first five days of Blaine to Comox has now been updated with pix! Find it here! Enjoy!
Pat Anderson

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! If you thought about coming to Comox but decided not to...wrong decision! Comox is an awesome place, and Martin Bridges has done a great job putting this CBGT together! All the C-Dorys and one Tomcat are in now, and we had a fabulous meet and greet in the Comox Marina Park! We are all gorging ourselves on shrimp from the shrimp boat that came in a 6 p.m. yesterday and today! The facilities here are first class, and we are having a wonderful time catching up with old friends and getting acquainted with new ones! This gathering really captures what being a C-Brat is all about!
nimrod

City/Region: Mount Vernon
C-Dory Year: 1996
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: 'Berta's Boy
Photos: 'Berta's Boy
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barry & Patty on C-Cakes heading to Comox Friday a.m.

Mark & Meredith in Au Kai wallowing & surfing.

colobear

City/Region: Denver
State or Province: CO
C-Dory Year: 2006
Photos: C-Cakes
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well,
The Comox gathering is winding down. Patti and I think it was a great success. Great location, fun folks to be with, very very nice facilities. Thanks Martin and Andrea. Thanks to all of the Comox folks who came out to spend time with us, to donate their skills and time..and really nice prizes. 11 year old Jack provided really nice guitar entertainment (watch out Jim!). We're ready for next year.

B&B Burks

City/Region: Green Valley
State or Province: AZ
C-Dory Year: 2006
Vessel Name: C-Pearl
Photos: C-Pearl
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We sure agree with Pat --- this has been a SUPER C-brat gathering. And we love Comox. A huge thank you to Martin and Andrea for all the planning and work they put in to make this event so successful. We loved the meet and greet barbecue, and the potluck was sure fun --- the guest speaker, the challenging quiz, the prizes, and best of all was Jack, the young guitar whiz. There's a career ahead for that young man and his music.
We loved meeting new c-brats as well as catching up with our old friends.
Bob and Betsy
Pat Anderson

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The potluck was indeed wonderful, all other hosts take note - Martin and Andrea have raised the bar for potlucks a notch or two. Young guitarist Jack, an 11 year old virtuoso, was fabulous, the door prizes were fabulous, the food and desserts were fabulous (I am off carbs Monday August 6, I swear, but you don't go boating to save money or lose weight!). To Tom and Susan - bless you, bless you, bless you!
hardee

City/Region: Sequim
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I had to miss this one. Sounds like it was pretty way up there, so looking forward to a time when I can boat with out the w^*@#k thing getting in the way, and get to spend some time on the north side of the line.

You all be safe, which ever way you are headed. Enjoy and may the weather and waves be kind.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

bridma

City/Region: Comox
State or Province: BC
C-Dory Year: 2009
Vessel Name: Nomad
Photos: Nomad
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:15 pm    Post subject: 07/27 - 07/29 2012 - Comox, Vancouver Island, BC Gathering Reply with quote

Wow, what a lot of fun. Andrea and I can not thank you enough for attending the gathering. Most of you travelled a great distance to attend and it was your participation that gave us a successful week end. The weather co-operated somewhat, a bit breezy at times, but the sun and no rain was most welcome. Now that Comox is on the map, I hope some of you will visit again on your travels north. Nomad certainly hopes to attend Friday Harbour next year.

Kudos to:

Daydream, Pat & Patti
C-Change, Jan & Stacey
Anna Leigh, David
R-Matey, Ruth & Joe
Anonymous, Jamie & Denise
Sea Sprite, Ian & Jackie
Blue Skies, Bill & Dorothy
Rock-C, Terry & Anne
Dreamer, Roger & Janet
Kerri On, George & Carolyn
Sea Pal, Bob & Betsy
C-Cakes, Barry & Patti
Au'Kai, Marc & Meredith
Berta's Boy, John & Camille
Susan E, Tom & Susan
Lady KC, Bill & Karan,
DaNag, Bill

What a great bunch of Brats. I will get the pics up soon. I need the Admirals help, and she is on the run today. Be safe on your travels.

Martin & Andrea.

PS. Susan, don't forget to put Comox 2012 on the banner. I never had a marker with me.
berryst

City/Region: Kingston
C-Dory Year: 1985
C-Dory Model: 22 Angler
Vessel Name: Margaret Ann
Photos: Sea Major
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:22 pm    Post subject: 3 live Reply with quote

I did try to make it. I was east of Tuxada Island on friday. I got beat up in the chop for hours crossing from East Point over to Quarry Bay. I was glad just to get out after hours of pounding white caps. On saturday the 20 knot wind had not subsided but I a crossed over to Pender harbor. The forecast said 15 knots....no way. I lost two crab traps and a prawn trap when a wave ripped them off the swim step. They were pretty securely lashed on but the cords were snapped and they were gone. the tips of the waves were kissing the windshield but no significant water came over the sides...just heavy spray. I had been out for the week up north of Desolation Sound. So, down three traps on saturday AM and tired of the slamming in the surf I packed it in and loaded the trailer and headed south. Crossing the strait of Georgia had lost its appeal at that point.

On a side note. When I left Pender Harbor the week before I was off of Nelson Point. The static on the radio was so bad had temporarily turned it off. The forecast of 20 knot wind was accurate. A commercial boat sank in the chop right behind me and I didn't know it. The coast guard showed up staring at be as they passed. I had the odd feeling of "why are you staring at me?" The three who went in the water were snatched from death by a passing sail boat. All this was out my back window and I didn't see a thing. There is some rough water in maelespina (sp?) Strait and I think the strait of Georgia was probably worse.

Chris

Chris

Chris

Da Nag

City/Region: Port Angeles
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Vessel Name: Taco
Photos: <a>Da Boats</a>
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a photo album - fill 'er up.
ghone

City/Region: Nanaimo
State or Province: BC
C-Dory Year: 2011
Vessel Name: Kerri On
Photos: Kerri On
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to everyone for making such a fun gathering. We really enjoyed visiting and looking over all the boats. Kudos to all those traveling a fair distance north. Georgia strait can be a handful. Martin and Andrea and all their friends who chipped in with music and a sar talk and new product out of paperstone. Very enjoyable. Man raised the bar!? We could have used an inside venue in 2010 at Montague. Rain. Thanks again everyone. What a great time. George and Carolyn.
Paddle-2tc

City/Region: Saskatoon
State or Province: SK
C-Dory Year: 2003
Vessel Name: Blue Skies
Photos: Blue Skies
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Than you Martin and Andrea for planning such a great event! Good food, good entertainment, and a friendly crowd. Comox was our first CBGT and we are looking to our next one. Nice to meet everyone and hope to see you again.

Bill & Dorothy
Dreamer

City/Region: Really Sunny SaddleBrooke
State or Province: AZ
Photos: Dreamer
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dreamer & SeaPal are snugly tied up at Gorge Harbor Marina tonight after an uneventful cruise from Comox. Still grinning about the fun times at the gathering. Thanks again Martin & Andrea. The guest Guitarist was a hit! Thumbs Up

Missing our pals on C-Cakes who headed home early this AM after the unexplained shattering of their glass rear cabin door last night.

We plan to dissappear into the hinterlands of Desolation as there are 50 Ranger Tugs headed this way Tuesday! Disgust

Once a C-Brat, always a C-Brat

Dreamer- Sold 25 Feb. 2013
Grumpy

City/Region: Whidbey Is
Vessel Name: Kingfisher II
Photos: Kingfisher
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Roger & Janet,

Glad to hear that you guys made it OK, that piece of water can be a real butt kicker. (Just check the number of days we have spent in Nanaimo and Pender this year alone!!)
Also really great to see the good turn out for Comox, for minute I thought there were only two attendees:lol: Very sad we missed it but with luck we will head out again later this week and may see some of y'all on the way home. Should be somewhere between Fishermans & Sucia areas through the weekend but as Chef Anthony Bourdain says "Noooo reservations!!"

Barry: Sorry about your back door. Been singing in the bath again??

Say safe, enjoy Gorge, and watch out for nut tuggers some of them are friends Laughing

M

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10

Jump to: