The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

07/27 - 07/29 - Comox, Vancouver Island, BC Gathering
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dreamer

City/Region: Really Sunny SaddleBrooke
State or Province: AZ
Photos: Dreamer
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Martin,

Really looking forward to this event. When anchored in your home bay, is there a dock for dinghys?

Once a C-Brat, always a C-Brat

Dreamer- Sold 25 Feb. 2013
bridma

City/Region: Comox
State or Province: BC
C-Dory Year: 2009
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Nomad
Photos: Nomad
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:53 pm    Post subject: 07/28 - 2012 Comox, Vancouver Island, BC Gathering Reply with quote

Hi Roger,
Yes, lots of room for safe anchoring. Yes, lots of room for dinghy's at the government dock or on the beach outside my house.
Martin.
mngrant

City/Region: Bellingham
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2002
Vessel Name: Kestrel
Photos: Kestrel
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Martin and Andrea,

Carole and I would look forward to the gathering in that it would be our second...the first being this years gathering in Bellingham. Following Bellingham we would head north. Comox has been a stop we always wanted to make it our boat but did not for one reason or another missed doing so. We driven through in the MGB and enjoyed all Comox had to offer.

Send out a posting once your dates are firm.

Thanks for the invite.

Mike

Kestrel
bridma

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:34 pm    Post subject: 07/28 - 2012 Comox, Vancouver Island, BC Gathering Reply with quote

Hi Mike and Carole,
The dates are firm. Last weekend in July. Hope you make it to Comox, I look forward to seeing you. More details will be posted as summer approaches.
Martin.
ghone

City/Region: Nanaimo
C-Dory Year: 2011
Vessel Name: Kerri On
Photos: Kerri On
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Martin. Just so we can find your place could you post directions? I am assuming you are near the old downtown area of Comox close to the marina complex. Thanks. Looking forward to it. George
Pat Anderson

City/Region: Birch Bay, WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Daydream
Photos: Daydream and Crabby Lou
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are making a cruise of it, launching in Blaine, doing the Gulf Islands, Princess Louisa, and then ending up in Comox. I assume the presence of other C-Dorys will be a dead giveaway as to the location from the water side! We will have our neighbors accompanying us in their Trophy, unless they buy a new boat at the SBS! Hope that is OK!

DAYDREAM - CD25 Cruiser
CRABBY LOU - CD16 Angler (sold 2020)
Pat & Patty Anderson, C-Brat #62!
http://daydreamsloop.blogspot.com

bridma

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:31 pm    Post subject: 07/28 - 2012 Comox, Vancouver Island, BC Gathering Reply with quote

Hi George,
Yes, I am real close to the government dock. For those of you who have been to Comox before, you may remember that as you approach the marina, the government dock is to the R/H side (you can google earth it on C-Brats). The GD had 3 fingers, good news is, they just built a 4th one. I talked to the wharfinger about keeping all the C-Dory's together when they arrive. He told me to talk to him again nearer the time. When I know where you will be tying up, I will post the info. The new 4th finger is closer to the beach. I was told that as the R/H side can get shallow on real low tides, it is going to be used as the dinghy dock. The L/H side of the new 4th finger will still have plenty of water for displacement boats.
As you approach the GD, protected from the East by a green breakwater (new), look over to the beach at about 3'o clock. You will see half a dozen waterfront homes. Mine is the only one with a green roof. You will also see my sea wall and concrete dinghy ramp (again the only one). For those of you who decide to anchor in the bay, you can either dinghy it over to the GD, or put your dinghy on my lawn. Then it will be a 5 min walk back around to the marina and where everything is happening. I will give these details, and more, again closer to the time.

Pat,
Of course your friends on the Trophy will be made welcome. We will save the jokes until they arrive. ;o)

Martin.
mngrant

City/Region: Bellingham
C-Dory Year: 2002
Vessel Name: Kestrel
Photos: Kestrel
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Martin Andrea,

Not sure my post was recorded but Carole and I will attend. We will head up from Bellingham. Now if there is something we can do to assist with the arrangements please let us know what we can do to help. We are both retired and can arrive early or stay late!

Mike and Carole
Kestrel
bridma

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:05 pm    Post subject: 07/28 - 2012 Comox, Vancouver Island, BC Gathering Reply with quote

Hi Mike and Carole,

Glad that you can attend. I can guarentee you that the weather gods will look favourable on you for the run-up from Bellingham. There is one thing that you can do for me to 'make my day'. Attend the pot-luck supper, 5:30, on Friday the 27th July. Details closer to the time.

Regards,
Martin.
Pat Anderson

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:15 am    Post subject: Re: 07/28 - 2012 Comox, Vancouver Island, BC Gathering Reply with quote

We are really looking forward to this one, Martin!

bridma wrote:

Pat,
Of course your friends on the Trophy will be made welcome. We will save the jokes until they arrive. ;o)

Martin.
Pat Anderson

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:22 am    Post subject: Re: 07/28 - 2012 Comox, Vancouver Island, BC Gathering Reply with quote

Well, save the Trophy jokes for somebody else! My neighbors will be coming in their brand new Ranger 27! Saturday they bought the boat at the Seattle Boat Show, Sunday they went out and bought a lightly used Chevy 1 ton Duramax / Allison full bed, full cab pickup. Yesterday Patty went back to the boat show with them and they finalized changing a few features. Looks like they take delivery right after the boat show closes!

bridma wrote:

Pat,

Martin.
Walldog

City/Region: Port Isabel
State or Province: TX
C-Dory Year: 2014
C-Dory Model: R-27 Tug
Vessel Name: Willie's Tug
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:13 am    Post subject: Re: 07/28 - 2012 Comox, Vancouver Island, BC Gathering Reply with quote

Pat Anderson wrote:
Well, save the Trophy jokes for somebody else! My neighbors will be coming in their brand new Ranger 27! Saturday they bought the boat at the Seattle Boat Show, Sunday they went out and bought a lightly used Chevy 1 ton Duramax / Allison full bed, full cab pickup. Yesterday Patty went back to the boat show with them and they finalized changing a few features. Looks like they take delivery right after the boat show closes!

bridma wrote:

Pat,

Martin.

WOW, now your turn Pat and Patty.

Looks like our Ranger Tug Desolation Sound cruise starts on the 27th also.....decisions, decisions.

Port Isabel TX/Ballard WA
http://walldogsjourneys.blogspot.com
sportner

City/Region: Buckeye
State or Province: AZ
C-Dory Model: 26 Osprey
Vessel Name: Glory Days
Photos: Traveler
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This one almost got under our radar. Traveler will be there, it sounds like a terrific area.
Alyssa Jean

City/Region: Guemes Is.(Anacortes)
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Vessel Name: Alyssa Jean
Photos: Anna Leigh and Alyssa Jean
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am planning on doing the cruise with Daydream et al. Not sure if Kate will come along.

Alyssa Jean 16 Angler
Anna Leigh 22 Cruiser Sold 2005
Anna Leigh 25 Cruiser Sold 2014

K7KJR C-Brats #51
bridma

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:50 pm    Post subject: 07/27 - 07/29 Comox, Vancouver Island Reply with quote

Hi all,

We have printed the dates clearer for the Comox gathering. It is Fri/Sat/Sun, 27/28/29 July. Some people thought it was only a one day event on the 28th. It is in fact a 3 day event. Sorry for any confusion.

Martin.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 3 of 10

Jump to: