Sunbeam

City/Region: Out 'n' About
State or Province: Other
C-Dory Year: 2002
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Photos: Sunbeam
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ssobol wrote:

The flush hatches I have now are just laid in the openings. This makes it easier to access the compartment then if they are screwed down. You can just slide them to the side under the berth cushion rather than try to move the cushion so the hatch can be opened via the hinge.

I like that feature too.

ssobol wrote:
There are some examples in the gallery of people who have cut the compartments opened and used the cut out piece as the hatch cover.

I did that, although it wasn't really my intention. I say that because on my boat it would be 3/8" ply to make flush hatch covers; and when I cut mine out I didn't have any of that on hand, nor did I have easy access to any. So I smoothed the edges of the cutout pieces, coated the edge core with epoxy/paint, and put them back in as the hatch lids. They look nice since they are (obviously) matching gelcoat. But, they're a bit heavier than need be, and the edges aren't quite as nice as what I would/will put on ply. This summer I bought some 3/8" marine ply (for the hatches and a few other things), so at some point I'll probably make replacement hatch covers with it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Cabin, Interior All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: