The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

We Signed the Papers & Daydream is in the Mold!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pat Anderson

City/Region: Birch Bay, WA
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Daydream
Photos: Daydream and Crabby Lou
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 10:03 pm    Post subject: We Signed the Papers & Daydream is in the Mold! Reply with quote

OK, we officially have a new Big Debt, and the new CD25 Daydream is in the mold (actually started 3-15-05 according to the white board). Here we are:

DAYDREAM - CD25 Cruiser
CRABBY LOU - CD16 Angler (sold 2020)
Pat & Patty Anderson, C-Brat #62!
http://daydreamsloop.blogspot.com

Last edited by Pat Anderson on Sat Apr 02, 2005 9:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Ron Bennie

City/Region: Calgary
State or Province: AB
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pat and Patti:

I'm so interested in your saga as you prepare the new Daydream. Thanks for sharing this story. There's so much everyone can learn watching you go through this, as well as the armchair entertaiment. I've enjoyed reading your postings, and I appreciate your thoughts on the 22 as a family cruiser. Nothing replaces hands-on experience. Congradulations!

Ron B.
Pat Anderson

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not so sure how this will work out, but we are going to try to get down to the factory every Friday for photo documentation of the new boat in all stages. Seeing the outer skin laid up in the mold was really pretty cool, if the white board is right, that was three days downstream from when they started. I would expect this next Friday it would be popped out of the mold and somebody else's new CD 25 will be in it...like I say, that is the intention right now, if things don't come up to spoil that plan.

Ron Bennie wrote:
Pat and Patti:

I'm so interested in your saga as you prepare the new Daydream. Thanks for sharing this story. There's so much everyone can learn watching you go through this, as well as the armchair entertaiment. I've enjoyed reading your postings, and I appreciate your thoughts on the 22 as a family cruiser. Nothing replaces hands-on experience. Congradulations!

Ron B.
gotjm3

City/Region: Middle River
State or Province: MD
Vessel Name: C's the Day
Photos: C's the Day
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pat, that's a cool view. Looks pretty darn big from that perspective! Is yours the cabernet too? Well, whenever you're at the plant, feel free to pop into the finish shop to snap a few of our 25 as it goes through the steps in the next few weeks. I'm going to be in Portland, OR for a speaking engagement on April 5, and thought I'd visit the plant then to see our boat, but it doesn't look like that will happen. And hopefully the boat will be rolling its way to MD by then, but I could have seen yours at least. Will yours be rigged at the factory? Well, thanks again for the photos. Look forward to seeing you in MD this June. BTW, the photos you took are up on our album now.

Cheers!

Hailing from Middle River, MD
(A drinking town with a boating problem...)
Pat Anderson

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, we are sticking with cabernet (our CD22 Daydream was cabernet, as was David's Anna Leigh). For sure I will snap shots of boats for owners on the site anxiously awaiting delivery! April 5 sounds about right for your boat to be down the road...hard to tell, though, maybe C-Dory is a bit of a victim of its own success...or Jeff Messmer's success. But I assume Cutter is doing your rigging, so all C-Dory needs to do to finish up appears to be windows and doors and interior...

gotjm3 wrote:
Pat, that's a cool view. Looks pretty darn big from that perspective! Is yours the cabernet too? Well, whenever you're at the plant, feel free to pop into the finish shop to snap a few of our 25 as it goes through the steps in the next few weeks. I'm going to be in Portland, OR for a speaking engagement on April 5, and thought I'd visit the plant then to see our boat, but it doesn't look like that will happen. And hopefully the boat will be rolling its way to MD by then, but I could have seen yours at least. Will yours be rigged at the factory? Well, thanks again for the photos. Look forward to seeing you in MD this June. BTW, the photos you took are up on our album now.

Cheers!
Pat Anderson

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 9:26 am    Post subject: Re: We Signed the Papers & Daydream is in the Mold! Reply with quote

OK, an update on the progress of Daydream at the factory...It is a little over two weeks since production started on March 15. One of us has gone down to take pix every Friday, which are in the Daydream album. March 18, first visit, the boat is just a layer of fiberglass in a mold. March 25, it is out of the mold with cabin on but no roof, but clearly a boat now. April 1, roof is on, gas tank is in, bathroom is in, and it is all draped up in the sand shop for interior spraying. David's boat, Anna Leigh, is about a week ahead, it is sitting outside, interior gelcoat all done, waiting for windows, doors, cabinets, etc. I am guessing we will both have finished boats by the end of April. David will certainly have a boat for the Lopez CBGT, and we get more and more optimistic that we will too...and 99% sure we will have a boat for Hood Canal shrimping!

Pat Anderson wrote:
OK, we officially have a new Big Debt, and the new CD25 Daydream is in the mold (actually started 3-15-05 according to the white board).

Ron on Meander

City/Region: Powell River
State or Province: BC
Vessel Name: Meander
Photos: Meander
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pat,
Its great seeing your updates.
When you are next down to the factory would you mind taking a few pics of Meander 25! It should be in the mold by now. It will be under the name of "Baker" and the dealer is GaGalleonarine.
I don't have a album set up yet but if I ask nicely maybe Mr. Tyboo or Mr. DaNag will see this and set one up for me. I'm asking really nicely sirs. Very Happy
Thanks guys
Ron
Pat Anderson

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely, Ron - we will keep an eye out. What color are we looking for? David on Anna Leigh will probably get down there before Patty or I can, which will be next Friday. David will probably be bugging them daily!

Ron on Meander wrote:
Pat,
Its great seeing your updates.
When you are next down to the factory would you mind taking a few pics of Meander 25! It should be in the mold by now. It will be under the name of "Baker" and the dealer is GaGalleonarine.
I don't have a album set up yet but if I ask nicely maybe Mr. Tyboo or Mr. DaNag will see this and set one up for me. I'm asking really nicely sirs. Very Happy
Thanks guys
Ron
Ron on Meander

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pat,
The color of the boat is Cabernet! Razz I think there must have been 3 in a row! So I guess it won't matter which album a person looks in the construction photos will all show a cabernet 25 at different stages. Laughing
Its nice to know though that the actual boat is being built.
Ron
Alyssa Jean

City/Region: Guemes Is.(Anacortes)
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Vessel Name: Alyssa Jean
Photos: Anna Leigh and Alyssa Jean
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be back from Maui on Monday night. Tues morning the first stop is to C-Dory. I'll just take pictures of all the cabernet 25's.

Alyssa Jean 16 Angler
Anna Leigh 22 Cruiser Sold 2005
Anna Leigh 25 Cruiser Sold 2014

K7KJR C-Brats #51
Pat Anderson

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Weekly Report - 4-8-05 Daydream is now outside. All the fiberglass work is done, and she is waiting her turn to come back in to be finished. Needs rails, windows and door, complete interior, wiring, plumbing, motor and controls. Since we are about a week behind Anna Leigh, we should be inside by next Friday with the wiring underway, hopefully a bit further along, but it is what it is...getting to nail biting time to see if we will have a boat in the water for Lopez!
Pat Anderson

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, after spending two plus weeks in Monroe, Daydream is back in Auburn, and they are going great guns to get her done by May 6 for Lopez...thanks to David for the pix today!

Ron on Meander

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pat,
OK. I admit my Washington geography is not as good as it might be, and maybe I just am confused anyway Embarassed but what the heck is DayDream doing moving back and forth from Monroe to Auburn? I thought the factory had moved to Auburn so that everything could be cconsolodated under one roof. Is DayDream receiving some kind of special treatment in that she gets to travel around and experience different environments prior to launching so that she's accustomed to travel or what? Laughing
Ron
Pat Anderson

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ron, I wish I could answer the question WHY - maybe to get her out of the way...Monroe is north and east of Seattle, in Snohomish County, actually directly east of Everett. The Monroe facility I believe is the old Skagit Orca plant. I guess C-Dory got the plant when they bought the business. It looks like a deserted boat yard. Allegedly they do some sanding or something there, but it is hard to imagine that it really makes sense, but hey, what do I know?

Ron on Meander wrote:
Pat,
OK. I admit my Washington geography is not as good as it might be, and maybe I just am confused anyway Embarassed but what the heck is DayDream doing moving back and forth from Monroe to Auburn? I thought the factory had moved to Auburn so that everything could be cconsolodated under one roof. Is DayDream receiving some kind of special treatment in that she gets to travel around and experience different environments prior to launching so that she's accustomed to travel or what? Laughing
Ron
gljjr

City/Region: Fall City
C-Dory Year: 1982
C-Dory Model: 27 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Migratory Dory
Photos: gljjr
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

She sure is lookin' purdy there Pat!!! I'll keep my fingers crossed so that you get delivery on time for the opener. Remember you owe me a ride Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: