The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Cornet Bay, November 14,15
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaveS

City/Region: Arlington
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2004
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Sea Shift
Photos: Sea Shift
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm bettin' it was tax free for you too! Laughing
Helen O

City/Region: Cathlamet
C-Dory Year: 1993
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Vessel Name: Helen O'
Photos: Helen O'
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations Mike & Kay! That is a beautiful tow rig. I went into the local Dodge dealer here in town and sat in a bergundy 3500 a week ago. Man are they nice! I'm green with envy. Mr. Green
TyBoo

City/Region: Warrenton
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 1996
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruise Ship
Vessel Name: TyBoo
Photos: TyBoo
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Larry. I was hoping you would like the idea! The picture doesn't show it too well, but the truck is dark blue. I told Kay when we were following Fred to the second Dodge place (in Lynwood) that I wanted the dark blue. When we got there, the only two 3500's they had were that color. The price the guy gave us first was pretty sad, and I told him we would just sell the Jeep ourselves and go to Portland and buy one for 8k less. He said just a minute, then came back 7k less. Kay told him to find the other thousand, and we would drive it home. Shocked the dickens out of me, so I left it to her. He gave $549 of the grand she asked for, and we took our stuff out of the Jeep.

And, no tax to Oregon buyers.

Helen O

City/Region: Cathlamet
C-Dory Year: 1993
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Vessel Name: Helen O'
Photos: Helen O'
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah, I like. I've been a Ford man for the past 30 years. But after looking closely and the Dodge's last week I decided my next truck is going to be a Dodge. They've really made some nice improvements in the new model. Cab-forward design gives it a shorter wheelbase and tighter turning radius. More horsepower and quieter. I think Ford has been sitting on their butts while Dodge has passed them by. Nice choice, Mike. You should get many many years of good use out of that rig. It's made for towing that "cruise ship".
TyBoo

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These CBCD folks are astonishing. One guy is hauling his boat in for engine service, and the next thing you know there is a crowd of folks making an event out of it. Amazing. Shoot, the guy at the marina even moved the fire for us!

The weather even held off. I don't know if the big storm ever hit the waters up there, but I was sure glad we didn't have that boat behind the little Jeep driving back down south in the wind and rain. It did great going up, but there weren't any real tests.

Good to see Shelley on here. Not only does she exist, she brightens the world for it!

Thanks to everyone for the great time and everything else. I'll be sure and let you know when we are going back up to get the boat back from Les.
TyBoo

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

David M -

Thanks for being navigator on the first run for the new TyBoo. Joe was going to do it, but he was out back thinking real hard about something. It was a great little ride, and a big relief for me to see that the boat actually worked!

From the sound of the conditions at your home port, you and Wade made a pretty good call on driving over.

Good to see you again, and thanks in advance for the pictures. As usual, we only took a couple, so we're anxious to see them!
WadeV

City/Region: Southern Pines
State or Province: NC
C-Dory Year: 2003
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Why Knot
Photos: Why Knot
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW---beautiful truck---congratulations. You guys better stay out of Washington before you go broke. Very Happy
TyBoo

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wade - Thanks!

Yep, you're right about WA! The only reason we got home is because they filled the truck with fuel before we left.
TyBoo

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if anyone else bought anything new during the CBCB trip??? Bill, have you heard of anything?
Mr. Fisherman

C-Dory Year: 1995
C-Dory Model: 22 Angler
Vessel Name: Sea Lion
Photos: Sea Lion
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 3:35 am    Post subject: Mike!!! Reply with quote

Mike, would you just stay home for a while and quit working on the durn boat?!!
You're killin' me. Now I'm shoppin fer a truck.... No way I'm goin' ta Washington. I'd wind up having to live on my boat and it ain't no cruise ship... Laughing

Seriously though, Congrats Mike. It is nice to see things falling into place for you and Kay. I hope to be able to see you out there one of these days.

I'm still not done bugging you about helping me come up with a front facing seat conversion for Sea Lion. You can come up with a hardware fix and I can do the woodwork. I have some Tuna..... Have you seen the price they are getting for that nowdays?... Laughing

Live to Fish
Fish to Live
Pat Anderson

City/Region: Birch Bay, WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Daydream
Photos: Daydream and Crabby Lou
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll just second what everyone has been saying about it being a fun time - I think Kay and I were the last ones up at the fire with Dundee, he insisted we have another vino, and of course we obliged. Even though I went to sleep before 9:00 am, I slept clear through to 7:30 am - must have needed that!

Mike, congrats on the new rig! And remember, C-Brat channel is 68 - 68 - 68. We took off with Doug and Betty on board trying to catch up with you, and went down the inside around Hope Island, because that is where we thought you were going. No response on 68, and we just had a nice little ride ourselves.

Ended the outing with breakfast with Jim and Laurie at Weller's at Island Crossing (Arlington - Sylvana exit), a nice enough $7.95 buffet...

Kind of unusual for us, we got home in the daylight, gave Daydream a much needed thorough washing, and got her tucked into her brand new 11x25 G.I. Joe portable garage, ready for the next outing!

DAYDREAM - CD25 Cruiser
CRABBY LOU - CD16 Angler (sold 2020)
Pat & Patty Anderson, C-Brat #62!
http://daydreamsloop.blogspot.com

Last edited by Pat Anderson on Tue Nov 18, 2003 9:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Sawdust

City/Region: Oak Harbor
C-Dory Year: 1984
C-Dory Model: 22 Classic
Photos: C-Salt
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike and Kay,

Congratulations! Beautiful tow rig and you deserve it. Cornet Bay was fun fer sure. Wish I could have spent more time with you, but doc makes the priorities.

To the gang,

Great to see old friends and new faces. Must thank Jon and Cynthia for the smoked salmon, Bill for the smoked salmon, Roger for the spuds, and of course Doug and Betty for the hotdogs! And I don't know who else to thank for the grazing I did on the goody table. Sure made a nice day just visiting with old friends and encouraging Bill & Dana, Doug & Betty to come live in our area

In spite of the weather it was a great gathering -- and worth the trip just to see Mike and Kay's new palace. You got a good one!!!! And thanks Dundee!!

Dusty

Anita Marie

City/Region: Oak Harbor
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Anita Marie
Photos: Anita Marie and Little Buddy
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I kind of figured that you wouldn't make it back to Oregon without a new tow rig even if you had to stop at every dealer from Cornet Bay to the Oregon border. Truck looks great and it sounds like you got a great deal. Sorry I didn't have time to see the sale happen, now that would have been cool.

Fred
TyBoo

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naw, Fred, you would have slugged the guy right off the bat. We were pleased with the deal, but then Kay has to look in the Portland paper when we get home and find two better deals advertised. Of course, they were "one only at this price" deals, but still, it kind of took the shine off the one we just got. We have no complaints. The truck got me to work this morning, so what more can you ask for?

It's weird to walk into a dealer on Sunday and get the new rig, financing and all, in just a little over an hour. The first new car I bought, it seemed like it took a week before they would let me sit in it. What's really weird to to hear Kay say we would take it ten minutes after she said we can't buy no truck right now. Go figure. Didn't even make me give up my dog.
TyBoo

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There you have it. Look at pictures number 10 and 11 in the new Cornet Bay album. Proof positive. The guy moved the fire for us. And I helped.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: