View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pat Anderson

City/Region: Birch Bay, WA
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Daydream
Photos: Daydream and Crabby Lou
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:47 pm    Post subject: PassageMaker Article on Small Boat Cruising 2-07 Reply with quote

OK, here is the PassageMaker article from February 2007 about Small Boat Cruising that had squibs on Bill and El, Brent and Dixie and Pat & Patty. Bob Lane got a LOT of it wrong, David would be shocked to find out Alan Olson is his son! And vice-versa!

Small Boat Cruising - PassageMaker 2-07.pdf
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Small Boat Cruising - PassageMaker 2-07.pdf
 Filesize:  647.14 KB
 Downloaded:  1325 Time(s)

DAYDREAM - CD25 Cruiser
CRABBY LOU - CD16 Angler (sold 2020)
Pat & Patty Anderson, C-Brat #62!
http://daydreamsloop.blogspot.com

JamesTXSD

City/Region: from island boy to desert dweller
State or Province: AZ
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: "Wild Blue" (sold 9/14)
Photos: Wild Blue
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember that article - we bought the magazine while cruising in Florida, with Brent and Dixie!

Even with mentions like this in the "big boat" magazines, cruising on boats our size is still beyond consideration for most people. We are frequently asked "How do you DO it?"... seems that people who have never boat cruised think you are out on the water - never touching shore - for months at a time. We explain that getting off the boat or sight-seeing from the boat is what we enjoy. And sleeping on the boat. We aren't necessarily on the boat 24 hours a day for days in a row.

"When you take a trip with a car or an RV, do you get OUT of the vehicle to see stuff? Well, that's what we do."

BIg boat owners understand what we do - they just want to know if it is possible to be comfortable on a boat our size? We have most of the same amenities as a bigger (non-trailerable) boat (except a separate stall shower, a 4 door refrigerator, and a salon that will seat 8 Wink ), it's just that our amenities are much closer together. Mr. Green

I don't know how many boating magazines are out there anymore, since I no longer subscribe to traditional printed magazines... seems a lot of the publishers have had the same tough time as boat manufacturers. So, websites like this are probably one of the best ways for people to find out about small boat cruising. I guess maybe we should all get on some of the cruising forums that have threads for powerboats and talk about our boats? Who has the time - I have trouble keeping up here.

Thanks for reposting that article, Pat.

Best wishes,
Jim

Hunkydory

City/Region: Cokeville, Wyoming
State or Province: WY
C-Dory Year: 2000
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Hunkydory
Photos: Hunkydory-Jay-and-Jolee
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't read any of these magazines other than an rare article like this when pointed out  by someone here.  For the most part have found them unintering & not very informative to the type of boating I would care to read about.  Would much rather follow Jim & Joan on their adventures or others that do a single grand advent or a series of boating adventures & share it in their own words on this site.  Even better if photos are show too.  Just wished more would do so.

Jay

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Documents All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: