The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Kudos!!!! To Bennett Marine

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Trims Tabs, Hydrofoils
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hunkydory

City/Region: Cokeville, Wyoming
State or Province: WY
C-Dory Year: 2000
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Hunkydory
Photos: Hunkydory-Jay-and-Jolee
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:32 pm    Post subject: Kudos!!!! To Bennett Marine Reply with quote

While at the Lake Powell Gathering noticed a very small oil leak out of the starboard side trim tab actuator where it connects to the boat.  Upon returning home took apart & found the leak coming from the area where the control wire enters the actuator.  Called Bennett Marine tech to see if I needed to order the top of the actuator or the complete actuator.  Thomas, the tech I spoke to asked how old it was.  I told him at least five years plus.   He said it shouldn't be leaking through where the wire enters & told me to send to him to check out.  He called this morning saying a complete new actuator was being sent to me immediately with no charge including shipping.   I thanked him & said I belonged to a Internet boating forum with thousands of members called the C-Brats & this kind of service I would be happy to report.   So the reason for this post.

Jay

Sea Wolf

City/Region: Redding
State or Province: CA
C-Dory Year: 1987
Vessel Name: Sea Wolf
Photos: Sea Wolf
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Kudos!!!! To Bennett Marine Reply with quote

Hunkydory wrote:
While at the Lake Powell Gathering noticed a very small oil leak out of the starboard side trim tab actuator where it connects to the boat.  Upon returning home took apart & found the leak coming from the area where the control wire enters the actuator.  Called Bennett Marine tech to see if I needed to order the top of the actuator or the complete actuator.  Thomas, the tech I spoke to asked how old it was.  I told him at least five years plus.   He said it shouldn't be leaking through where the wire enters & told me to send to him to check out.  He called this morning saying a complete new actuator was being sent to me immediately with no charge including shipping.   I thanked him & said I belonged to a Internet boating forum with thousands of members called the C-Brats & this kind of service I would be happy to report.   So the reason for this post.

Jay

Jay-

Tom at Bennett is legendary for great service!

There have been innumerable comments like yours on The Hull Truth's website and others over the years!

Glad you had such great service and got it taken care of!

Joe. Teeth Thumbs Up

Sea Wolf, C-Brat #31
Lake Shasta, California

"Most of my money I spent on boats and women. The rest I squandered'. " -Annonymous
Matt Gurnsey
Dealer

City/Region: Port Orchard
State or Province: WA
Photos: Kitsap Marina
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And this is why I recomend Bennett over any other Trim Tab. Their service is almost legendary.
360-895-2193
(888) 293-7991
Jack in Alaska

City/Region: Anchorage/Ninilchik
State or Province: AK
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 26 Pro Angler
Vessel Name: HIGH TIDE II
Photos: HIGH TIDE II
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:49 pm    Post subject: Insta-Trim also Reply with quote

I had the same results with my INSTA-TRIM flaps. They were completely screwed up. I did a bunch of elect. checks, called the company with the results and several days later a new dash actuator assembly showed up....no charge. They work perfectly now.
Looks like both companies are tops.
I had similar good service with PacBrake in Canada.

HIGH TIDE-II; 2005 26' ProAngler; 2003 200 Honda / 2009 9.9 Honda high thrust
No. CD026021I405; AK-5008-AK
MSSI No. 338143486(cancelled)

HIGH TIDE; 1983 Angler Classic 22'; 90 Honda/ 9.9 Tohatsu-sold 2009 to son Dan (flatfishfool)
Stolen & stripped in Aug. 18
Bare hull & trailer sold in Nov.
Tabman

City/Region: Mount Pleasant
State or Province: SC
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jay,

Thanks for the kind words about our service. I will make sure that Thomas and his supervisors see your post here!

Tom McGow
Bennett Marine
hambone

City/Region: Klamath Falls/Brookings OR.
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 2008
Vessel Name: Sea Wolf
Photos: Sea Wolf
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks CBrats for posting about these two business. I now know where to send my business. Thumbs Up

H Wink

SEAWOLF 2008 22' TWIN HONDA 50s CRUISER
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Trims Tabs, Hydrofoils All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: