The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

01/27 - 01/29 - Seattle boat show and C-Brat Gathering
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
colobear

City/Region: Denver
State or Province: CO
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Photos: C-Cakes
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best boat show gathering yet!! Pattti and I had a great time. Hard to beat Black Frog stout, Peter's hot jazz group, thanks guys, and best of all the chance to connect again with all of you. We are so lucky to have a C-Dory and friends like all of you to go with it. Thanks to everybody for cakes, good food, bad jokes and new faces to go with the ever confusing triple name game: What's your boat name, no...whats you brats handle,...no whats your real name...Who did you say you are??
B~C

City/Region: Bend
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 1999
Vessel Name: Blue~C
Photos: Blue~C
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aww the name thing does get a bit confusing and then there's folks like me that can't use their real names because they're in the witless protection program
hardee

City/Region: Sequim
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

B~C wrote:
aww the name thing does get a bit confusing and then there's folks like me that can't use their real names because they're in the witless protection program

Really Ken Shocked What witnesses are they protecting you from? Now I know why I can never figure you out. Confused Wink

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

hardee

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to all for a really nice weekend. Good time good friends and good hugs. All the names have been listed, proper credits have rolled and now I just want you all to know I enjoyed the whole thing, from the root beer to the food and mostly the friendship, the visits, with each of you, and the getting to see some new faces this year. Hope there is more of that.

The Larkspur experience was great. The boat show, good, with lots of neat stuff but the best boats on the water were not on the floor. I wore my "Ask Me about C-Dory" name tag and had several questioners. 3 of which were specific about where were the C-Dory's? Hang in there, there is always next year.

Hope all have or had a safe trip home.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon
B~C

City/Region: Bend
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 1999
Vessel Name: Blue~C
Photos: Blue~C
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harvey- wit less protection program Smile I never got around to BSin with you, dang it
hardee

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Opps, My bad Embarassed Embarassed

Harvey
SleepyC Moon
JamesTXSD

City/Region: from island boy to desert dweller
State or Province: AZ
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: "Wild Blue" (sold 9/14)
Photos: Wild Blue
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

B~C wrote:
Harvey- wit less protection program Smile I never got around to BSin with you, dang it

And then there are those who have some wit... Joan said something about me having half. Cool
berryst

City/Region: Kingston
C-Dory Year: 1985
C-Dory Model: 22 Angler
Vessel Name: Margaret Ann
Photos: Sea Major
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was my first boat show.
You gotta love all that stuff.
Unfortunately, my wife discovered the ranger 26, oh oh la la
Overall we were able to look at some of the gear we plan to order like the auto pilot from Ray Marine.
Chris

hardee

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris said:
Quote:
"You gotta love all that stuff. "

Chris,

All that stuff, yup, sure looks fun, but it won't all fit on the C-Dory so now the real work starts, What would you like, what looks fun, what can you afford (sometimes there is another vote on that -- oh yes, the R-26: Hold that thought OK), what will fit, what makes your life on the boat better, OR safer, and What will fit, and does it fill two purposes, and does it fit, Oh did I say will it fit. Yup, the C-Dory isn't big, but it will do a lot, and it can be very safe if loaded correctly.

Now the fun begins.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

starcrafttom

City/Region: marysville
C-Dory Year: 1984
C-Dory Model: 27 Cruiser
Vessel Name: to be decided later
Photos: Susan E
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man that was fun!!! but man Iam I tired. Great to see everyone at the pub. Nice band and I hear the food was good. Should have got there sooner if I wanted any:(.

I want to thank everyone that signed Susans card, bought the cake and Peter for the birthday song for Susan. She really got a kick out of it. Also thank you for no video posted of my fat *&^ dancing.

Roger, the pot luck was great as always, the beer was wonderful and the company was the best. Good to see all of you again. Hope to see all of you this summer.

Boats??? We say a lot of great ideas at the show. now that we pretty much have the last boat we want under 60 ft I spend more time looking a detail and other good idea on other makes of boats for things I can use on the c-dory. For those of you that looked at the new boston whaler you may have noticed the fold up seats under the rails. I will post pics in a different thread later. We talked to the guy from whaler and he believes we can order the seats from them to install on our boat. just need two of them.

Bamf boats had a great solution to the forward facing seat problem on my boat that I have to mess with that I think will work. It's one of those hard to describe but so simple its a wonder I did not think of it sooner ideas. I will post about it later too with pics.

Thank you everyone for a great show. We will be back to the boats afloat part of the show this wekend if any one wants to join us.

R-Matey

City/Region: Bow
Vessel Name: R-Matey
Photos: R-Matey
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:01 am    Post subject: 2012 SBS CBGT Reply with quote

Wow! What a weekend Thumbs Up So many folks to thank for everything that it took to put this together. Roger, Beth and Linda for hosting the 2012 SBS CBGT. Pat, Patty, David & Kate, what a pleasure and fun experience it was visiting your establishment. Thanks to Barry for setting up the bus experience and let's not forget that Barry contacted Peter to sing us a Tony Bennett tune in honor of our 50th anniversary last month. Great band, too! Can't forget that Barry also was the auctioneer with David (Anna Leigh) as the backup Rolling Eyes A special thanks to Mike (TyBoo) and Bill (DaNag) for the generous contribution towards our fun filled evening. One more thing, we're so thankful to all of the C-Brats for your friendship Love
DaveS

City/Region: Arlington
C-Dory Year: 2004
Vessel Name: Sea Shift
Photos: Sea Shift
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like all have said, it was a terrific weekend. Jazz Band at the Brewery, great food and beer. (First time I ever actually consumed a beer at the Brewery, because I've had to do the driving previously). The bus was an excellent touch....Thank you Bill and Mike! To all who went out of their way to make the weekend a success, Thank You... the "key players" have already been mentioned so you know I'm thinking of you. Additionally, a big Thank You to all that attended for being there and contributing with your warm friendship and smiling faces. I made a concerted effort to mingle with everyone there, but there just wasn't enough time in the weekend to accomplish that, so I'm certain that I missed spending time with a few Brats. (The Winemakers from Oregon that sent several bottles of wine from their vineyard with Tyboo, a big Thank You and to Jeremiah Johnson for his home brew keg of excellent beer that he provided for us at the hotel was superb as well).
I've not visited the boat show yet, but plan to do so this week.

I'm already looking forward to next year's Seattle Boat Show/C-Brat Convention Gathering....when is it Roger? Laughing

C-Brat #16
Montana Salty

City/Region: BITTERROOT VALLEY MONTANA
State or Province: MT
C-Dory Year: 2001
Vessel Name: SALTY
Photos: Salty
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:13 am    Post subject: Thank You Reply with quote

We finally got our feet wet with meeting a few of you this past weekend at the Larkspur. To all, thanks for making us feel Welcome. I can now put some faces to names on the posts. My plan was to meet everyone there but time just ran out. Janet, you did it! Convinced Craig we need to take in the Friday Harbour CBGT so now the plan is 2 trips to Washington this spring. Roger, thanks again for the hub...it is safely stored along with my CBRAT decal from Ruth until we connect with Salty this spring. Both will be displayed proudly.
Glad we got to meet John from Farwest ll and Marti and Jim from C Idaho. Caroline from AK too. Gosh now I will have to go back and try and remember everyone we talked to. Impossible.... but give me some time and I will know you you all.
We went back to the Boat Show Sunday and bought our tender. Took in a very interesting seminar on crabbing ( the guy was captivating).
8 1/2 hour drive home but the travel gods were in our favor with only wet roads. Now settling back into our ranching routine and waiting for spring thaw so we can get our boat back in the water.
Again thank you all!!

Lovin' Our C Dory!
Aurelia

City/Region: Gig Harbor
Photos: Aurelia
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still didn't sell but I'm not done trying.

http://www.seattlepi.com/local/article/Seattle-Boat-Show-at-CenturyLink-Field-2827245.php#photo-2218440

Ari - 19 Cruiser sold 2023
currently exploring with "Lia", 17 ft Bullfrog Supersport Pilothouse
Pat Anderson

City/Region: Birch Bay, WA
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Daydream
Photos: Daydream and Crabby Lou
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, for all of you that cruised last summer with Garry and Vicki on their Trophy, or met them at the Brewery this year, they have done it! Save the Trophy jokes! Our neighbors will be coming to Comox in their brand new Ranger 27! Saturday they bought the boat at the Seattle Boat Show, Sunday they went out and bought a lightly used Chevy 1 ton Duramax / Allison full bed, full cab pickup. I am more jealous about the truck than the boat! Yesterday Patty went back to the boat show with them and they finalized changing a few features. Looks like they take delivery right after the boat show closes.

DAYDREAM - CD25 Cruiser
CRABBY LOU - CD16 Angler (sold 2020)
Pat & Patty Anderson, C-Brat #62!
http://daydreamsloop.blogspot.com

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 13 of 14

Jump to: