City/Region: Seattle
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Lily Pad
Photos: Lily Pad
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

starcrafttom wrote:
I agree that the 14 will work IF you have 30 ft of chain. I started with a 14 on the 22 and dragged more then once with the measly 5ft of chain. Once I went to 30 ft of chain and never slipped again and always hooked up right away.

I might have a roller at the house. I changed out the one on the 27 but I have to look for it. email me about it if you are interested in it. If I can find it you can have it for free. Might have to take me fishing for pinks thu. Don't worry if you don't know how I will show you.

That's a nice offer Tom! We're staying in the lakes (Union, Washington) for the rest of the season just to get used to the boat, trailering, etc., also because we don't have a kicker yet. But next year we should start doing cruises in the sound, so I'll definitely want a working anchor setup for then!
ferret30

City/Region: Seattle
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Lily Pad
Photos: Lily Pad
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ended up ordering a Lewmar roller:
http://www.lewmar.com/products.asp?id=8361&lid=25869
and Delta anchor:
http://www.lewmar.com/products.asp?id=8743&lid=23572
now that my boat's back from its gelcoat repair spa weekend.

The roller that came on the boat was bent a bit sideways, and the guys at Tern Boat Salvage tried to straighten it, but the plastic roller is mangled and I figured I'd just get a new setup. I'm kind of doubting the holes from the previous installation will match up (different brand/model roller), so I plan on filling them with thin then thick epoxy (WestSystem). Since they'll be covered by the new roller and butyl tape, I don't think I'll need to actually do a full on gelcoat/fiberglass repair.

As far as installing the new roller goes, I don't have it yet, but I don't think it comes with a backing plate. Would it be worthwhile to try to make a backing plate with the same hole pattern to go underneath in the berth? I can't remember what the current roller uses, screws, bolts with large washers, etc. And I don't know if the new roller will come with hardware.

Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Anchoring All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: