The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Cutwater in Bellingham
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> All Rangers, All The Time
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hardee

City/Region: Sequim
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice photo Pat. I'm sorry I missed that trip too. you are right, those bigger boats would be hard pressed to live the Brat life.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

ghone

City/Region: Nanaimo
State or Province: BC
C-Dory Year: 2011
Vessel Name: Kerri On
Photos: Kerri On
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Tom, nice boat! It looks like the one tried to pick up Kerri On last summer. Thought I was his dinghy. good luck everyone with their cruising dreams. I've been there. Every time I pull in next to a big complex yacht I thank god I can just go for a beer instead of calling a repair guy. Had a lot of that frew frew stuff on other boats, spent a lot of time fixing things that broke. Nigel Calder was just through here doing a talk for cruisers.....entitled. " if it ain't broke........just wait" I understand it was a popular talk. George
R-Matey

City/Region: Bow
Vessel Name: R-Matey
Photos: R-Matey
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:11 am    Post subject: 19 CD versus the Mega yachts Reply with quote

hardee wrote:
retnavy wrote:
oh she knows all of that and is very aware of water usage as she is a retired Navy Senior Chief and has plenty of sea time on ships that were constantly on water hours

And the real issues are appearing. (Emphasis added is mine.) Yup, she's not wanting to spend that retirement in a 26 foot dingy Cry that would turn circles in the fuel tank of her last appointment. Laughing

Time to get to a CBGT therapy session and ....

"Hi, My name is Harvey and I have an addiction. I like to have affordable fun with happy people and see cool places. Some days I watch clouds all day, and some days I don't even think about doing laundry. I'm here for help, and how do you get along on those little boats Question

Good luck with that Mr. Green

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

Seeing our 19 R-Matey in this photo sure brings back some great memories, one of them being the time we were in Anacortes spending the night at Cap Sante. We were in a 50' slip tucked in behind a sailboat. As you looked down the dock all you could see was Mega Yachts, men and women with neatly pressed clothing (probably had a washer & dryer on board)?, highly polished shoes, gold chains, Rolex watches....you get the picture. Three of them walked down the dock, looked down into the cockpit of our 19CD and said, "You sure have a cute little boat"....Joe replied, "Yes, Sir and we love it"

PS: We have often wondered if they were thinking about fuel burn?
ghone

City/Region: Nanaimo
State or Province: BC
C-Dory Year: 2011
Vessel Name: Kerri On
Photos: Kerri On
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice photo Ruth. The 19 is such a good boat. I really enjoyed madi's bunk. I loved that boat just as much as I love Kerri On. We do get the envious looks from the suited folks. I noticed last August and September I was in shorts, tees and flip flops so long it was shocking to have to gear up to long pants in Arizona for October. George
localboy

City/Region: Lake Stevens via Honolulu
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: 'Au Kai (Ocean Traveler)
Photos: 'AU KAI
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
...shorts, tees and flip flops...

Where I'm from that is normal, every day wear. When you "dress up", you put on an Aloha shirt, but the shorts and slippers remain! Wink

hardee

City/Region: Sequim
C-Dory Year: 2005
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here you go Ruth, now they can find you, Joe and the pristine 19. Nice to see you are still checking in here. See you in Seattle.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> All Rangers, All The Time All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: