The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Missing welt for canopy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Cockpit and Accessories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tershe

City/Region: Jacksonville
State or Province: NC
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:48 pm    Post subject: Missing welt for canopy Reply with quote

Hello,
New to the board and new C-dory owner. 2005, but new to me. I have a 22 Cruiser and someone at the marina has already relieved me of the welt(with zipper that slides in the track on the cabin) to attach the canopy to. Can anyone advise of the best source to have this replaced? If I remember correctly, the welt and zipper on the canvas is only about 1-2 in. wide. I don't understand why this would be of value to anyone and believe it was only for mischief. Any help would be appreciated.
rogerbum

City/Region: Kenmore
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 255 Tomcat
Vessel Name: Meant to be
Photos: SeaDNA
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Missing welt for canopy Reply with quote

tershe wrote:
Hello,
New to the board and new C-dory owner. 2005, but new to me. I have a 22 Cruiser and someone at the marina has already relieved me of the welt(with zipper that slides in the track on the cabin) to attach the canopy to. Can anyone advise of the best source to have this replaced? If I remember correctly, the welt and zipper on the canvas is only about 1-2 in. wide. I don't understand why this would be of value to anyone and believe it was only for mischief. Any help would be appreciated.

The canvas is custom made and generally not a factory item. The factory used to use King Marine in Seattle to do canvas work but any competent canvas place can probably remake the piece you lost. I'd ask around for a good local canvas shop.

Montana Kev

City/Region: Bozeman/Yellowstone
State or Province: MT
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Grace
Photos: Grace
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The zipper and the awning rope that the zipper is attached to may have been left in the roof track and simply fallen out. Mine does not stay in the track without the cover zipped on to it. It would blow off on the highway if left on the roof track. Here is what the rope looks like that the zipper attaches to. http://www.sailrite.com/Keder-Awning-Rope-Black-5-16

Like Roger said, any canvas shop can make one, I have made them myself. You just need the right size rope and zipper.

Welcome and enjoy the new boat.
Kevin
Pandy Girl

City/Region: Westfield, NC
C-Dory Year: 2007
Vessel Name: Pandy Girl
Photos: Pandy Girl
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I second any good Canvas Shop that makes boat tops should fix you up. Mobil East Marine Down there would know of someone also. Glad to see new C-Dory owners, & new ones to the Fourm. There is going to be a C-Dory Get together in Oriental NC on Sept. 23-25 Anyone is invited, there is a Thread on this, come on over would love to meet you all. Jim Jessup
Munchkin

City/Region: Washington
C-Dory Year: 2010
Vessel Name: Munchkin
Photos: Munchkin
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:23 pm    Post subject: missing welt for Canopy Reply with quote

Welcome to C-brats,

We used A&J Canvas shop in Vanceboro NC, but you should be able to find someone closer than that. I also would like to invite you to the gathering in Sept. It is always a goood time and a great place to meet other owners.

Erma

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Cockpit and Accessories All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: