View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anita Marie

City/Region: Oak Harbor
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Anita Marie
Photos: Anita Marie and Little Buddy
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:07 pm    Post subject: Non ethanol gas stations in US/Canada Reply with quote

Here is the link:
http://pure-gas.org/
Da Nag

City/Region: Port Angeles
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Vessel Name: Taco
Photos: <a>Da Boats</a>
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Non ethanol gas stations in US/Canada Reply with quote

Anita Marie wrote:
Here is the link:
http://pure-gas.org/

This is indeed one of the better online resources I've found, but still leaves out a fairly large group of locations that have ethanol free fuel - commercial fueling/card lock locations.

For example, the above site lists nothing out here on the Olympic Peninsula, but I called one of the local commercial places (Pettit Oil), and they have ethanol free premium at their CFN card lock location. They also have offroad diesel - great for my Kubota, but even better if one owns one of those fancy trailerable trawlers...

Not sure how it works for other places like this, but Pettit couldn't care less that I wanted access for personal use. Sent in a credit app, and cards arrived within a week - good not only at their place, but any CFN location.

Dreamer

City/Region: Really Sunny SaddleBrooke
State or Province: AZ
Photos: Dreamer
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Bill, I may do that too. However, they are pretty proud of their fuel! Todays price for the premium was $ 4.28, E-10 was $ 3.93 and diesel $ 4.10.

As an aside, you can get off road diesel at pump #12 at the Co-Op fuel station on E. Washington St. Sequim.

Once a C-Brat, always a C-Brat

Dreamer- Sold 25 Feb. 2013
Da Nag

City/Region: Port Angeles
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Vessel Name: Taco
Photos: <a>Da Boats</a>
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dreamer wrote:
Todays price for the premium was $ 4.28...

Ouch! That is pricey...their E10 regular price is higher than Safeway's premium right now.

I'll still buy it, but only for specific uses...all of the motorcycles and garden equipment, for example. Fuel sits in them for long periods of time, and they only use a small amount.

For the boat...that's a tough pill to swallow. If I know it's going to sit a while, I'll probably bite the bullet - but at $15-20 extra per fillup (compared to regular E10), that's too much to spend if I know the fuel is going to get burned up within a couple weeks.
Tug

City/Region: Sault Ste. Marie
State or Province: ON
C-Dory Year: 1985
C-Dory Model: 22 Angler
Vessel Name: Drifter
Photos: Drifter
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bellevue Marina in Sault Ste Marie,Ontario, Canada where i moor my boat sell non-ethanal gas only.The Marina is located on the Ste Marys' River about a mile from the Michigan shoreline.
chimoii

State or Province: BC
C-Dory Year: 2017
C-Dory Model: R-25 Tug
Vessel Name: Chimo
Photos: Chimo
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:22 pm    Post subject: Ethanol Reply with quote

Just for smiles when visiting the Gulf Islands, drop by the local marinas and fill up. It's not cheap (1.30 per litre at Van Isle yesterday = $4.94/gal) but you aren't getting any ethanol in there. I remember all the problems I had in Maryland where E10 is mandatory and I'm glad to pay the difference when our Venture is so economical. A bit extra on gas but far less issues with the motors.
starcrafttom

City/Region: marysville
C-Dory Year: 1984
C-Dory Model: 27 Cruiser
Vessel Name: to be decided later
Photos: Susan E
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We filled up there just the other day. Nice pink gas! we spent 200 in fuel but had to pay $5 to tie up while we used the shower which cost $2 . I want to cut cost by doubling up in the shower but susan won't go for it in the public wash rooms.
Pat Anderson

City/Region: Birch Bay, WA
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Daydream
Photos: Daydream and Crabby Lou
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, the Tesoro station at Island Crossing is a lot cheaper than the adjacent stations, and since the next building over is the Indian Fireworks stand, I was wondering if this is an Indian gas station. I also was wondering, I do not recall seeing the ethanol warning sticker on the pump when I gassed the truck there yesterday. Can anybody confirm if this is yet another ethanol free source?

DAYDREAM - CD25 Cruiser
CRABBY LOU - CD16 Angler (sold 2020)
Pat & Patty Anderson, C-Brat #62!
http://daydreamsloop.blogspot.com

chimoii

State or Province: BC
C-Dory Year: 2017
C-Dory Model: R-25 Tug
Vessel Name: Chimo
Photos: Chimo
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pat Anderson wrote:
So, the Tesoro station at Island Crossing is a lot cheaper than the adjacent stations, and since the next building over is the Indian Fireworks stand, I was wondering if this is an Indian gas station. I also was wondering, I do not recall seeing the ethanol warning sticker on the pump when I gassed the truck there yesterday. Can anybody confirm if this is yet another ethanol free source?

There seems something oddly disquieting about having a gas station next to the Indian Fireworks stand. Can't put my finger on it Question

Common ownership? Could be, but personally I hope there isn't a match. Laughing
DaveS

City/Region: Arlington
C-Dory Year: 2004
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Sea Shift
Photos: Sea Shift
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pat Anderson wrote:

Pat, I don't know if the Tesoro station at Island Crossing is non-ethanol, but I do know that the 76 Station on the West side of I-5 at Island Crossing is ethanol free. I've been told that the reason it is ethanol free is for the farmers in the area. I've been filling up the boat and our cars there for about 6 months now. (The prices there are usually about the same as the Safeway Gas Stations and those stations have ethanol). If need be, I'm definitely willing to pay more for ethanol free even though I'd rather not be placed in that situation.

C-Brat #16
Plan C

City/Region: Port Townsend
Vessel Name: Plan C
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In Port Townsend, in addition to the Pettit station, the gas pump at Boat Haven is alcohol free, so they told me.

Dave
DaveS

City/Region: Arlington
C-Dory Year: 2004
Vessel Name: Sea Shift
Photos: Sea Shift
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chimoii wrote:
Pat Anderson wrote:

There seems something oddly disquieting about having a gas station next to the Indian Fireworks stand. Can't put my finger on it Question

Common ownership? Could be, but personally I hope there isn't a match. Laughing

Not only do they sell fireworks there, they also sell cargo ship loads of cigarettes and most likely throw in plenty of matches and lighters as well..... Shocked Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Fuel Systems All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: