B~C

City/Region: Bend
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 1999
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Blue~C
Photos: Blue~C
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last Friday afternoon I called the chap at Advanced coatings and had him send me off two gallons of insulation, BAM, there it is on my doorstep today. I was surprised at the quick service, I was thinking that this outfit deals with big ship builders in large vats quanities, who knows when I'll get the stuff. I pretty much have everything masked off, although you don't have to get to crazy about masking with the insulation, I covered everything because the insulation will be followed by the Zolotone and clearcoat.
Got just purt near one coat shot in the cabin, hope to give it another coat and start on the V-berth tomorrow. I'll get some pics before I cover up the insulation. The insulation looks pretty nice by itself and a person could not cover it but, I have a quart of silver gray zolatone just beggin to get spritzed....so far so good

Redバx

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Were a-waitin' Rolling Eyes Innerestin... very innerestin Exclamation Thumbs Up

Laid-up with torn-muscles. greg Cry
TyBoo

City/Region: Warrenton
C-Dory Year: 1996
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruise Ship
Vessel Name: TyBoo
Photos: TyBoo
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Redバx wrote:
Laid-up with torn-muscles. greg Cry

RF - I think I know where your troubles come from. As you get older, you need to take more precautions in your activities. Snow machining isn't necessarily only for young men, but maybe you're a little too big for the machines you're using. Here's something that might be better for you, and as luck would have it, it is even for sale.

TyBoo

City/Region: Warrenton
C-Dory Year: 1996
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruise Ship
Vessel Name: TyBoo
Photos: TyBoo
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Listen, I may have messed up B~C's slathering thread with that last post, but you gotta admit, it's funnier than all get out.
B~C

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that looks like a fun snow buggy...humm...still got them MG's?....thread messer....I recall the good old days when threads would start to disintigrate after the second post, then Catman started harping for institutional control and look at us now.
Damn, get better Greg
SeaSpray

City/Region: Brentwood, CA
State or Province: CA
C-Dory Year: 2004
Vessel Name: SeaSpray
Photos: SeaSpray
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ken,
What is the cost of 2 gal of this stuff? I won't have my boat at home until mid May. I also don't have a sprayer but do have a friend that may have one that will work. Can't wait to see the results. This seems like such an easy way to insulate our boats and stop the dripping on cold days. Thanks for being the tester Ken!

Steve
B~C

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve, no problem on being the tester, it's kind of fun exploring and I figure with enough effort, I can always undue whatever I'm fiddling with. So far so good with this stuff though.
For spray gear, I've tried several different guns, but so far found the $6.99 Cambell Hausefield sandblast gun with a home grown spray cup attached to the pickup line works great (I'll get a pic of that).
Price may vary, I paid $3? a gallon, Richard Stratton, the sales rep, is still trying to figure up the "official" C-Brat pricing and may be contacted via the Advanced Coating Sloutions link.

I may sound like a damn salesman for this stuff but I aint, I get nothing, nada, zilc...well...except for the free samples to try out. I just think this stuff will add so much bang for the buck I gots to share the news with my C-Brat bretheren

Last edited by B~C on Thu Mar 31, 2005 3:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Redバx

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Super Funny!! (too much so) I can't laugh actually,(OUCH!) thats where the damage is... in my back and abs somewhere deep... The meds are not bad though! actually sleeping the whole night through for a change Thumbs Up

Ken, how many square feet a gallon... Question

Sounds like a great way to apply that stuff Exclamation Too bad I can't join-in on your "Spayer-Meetings" Xmas Naughty Xmas LOL
B~C

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MORE MORPINE...well my drug crazed friend, I think I read somewhere that a gallon will cover 50 sq/ft. I've sprayed about a gallon in just the cabin and still have a bit more to cover, I haven't invaded the V berth area yet. I think two gallons for a lower 48 cruiser or an AK angler, me thinks if I had a cruiser in AK I would get three gallons.
Get well soon, them deep muscle pains are a pain.
Come on down and we'll have an old time tent revival sprayer meetin Smile
B~C

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got down on my knees and sprayed today, gots a little more to shoot here and there but it's pretty much done. I thinks it would be prudent to go ahead and put the boat back together and just run with bare neeked insulation for a while. I'll give this stuff some time to see how it does then, come summer spray the top coat. Stuck a few pics in the cabin collection.
http://www.c-brats.com/modules.php?set_albumName=Cabin,Interior&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php&page=14
rogerbum

City/Region: Kenmore
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 255 Tomcat
Vessel Name: Meant to be
Photos: SeaDNA
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BC - I assume you are still planning on going to Cathlamet? I'd love to see this stuff close up and find out how it works after you over night in it a time or two.

Roger on the SeaDNA

B~C

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yup, we'll be there...unless Larry and crew catch all the fish before then....ya, if we wake up in the morning all covered in molten, toxic, goo a person may not want to go this route Smile
Redバx

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man-o-live! Thumbs Up I'm sold! Just take about a decade before my carpeting will wear-out first!
Your right, I'd layer that stuff up thick for being up her in AK. Very nice looking! I wish I could see it, maybe some one up here will get down on there hands and knees and have a good old fashioned Sprayer Meeting up here... Teeth Xmas Naughty
Come to think of it... I think I'll slather some of it in my foward storage! Lots of noise comes from that area while anchored, and the bare fiberglass hull is wet with condensation on winter-cruises Exclamation Thinkin... Rolling Eyes

Cigar Wink
Redバx

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 9:38 pm    Post subject: Another Sprayer Meeting" LOL Reply with quote

You'll be glad when I'm all healed-up! Xmas Naughty

Hey, I'd be doing the window-frames as well, if I were up here and you Wink Smile I have thought about it too many times in the past, on many a cold-assed-trip... how I would like to insulate the window-frames to keep them from sweating so much!! it's often worse than the glass! Now I know what to spray on them. Thumbs Up
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Cabin, Interior All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 3 of 16

Jump to: