The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

06/18 - 06/19 - Lower Columbia Sturgeon Fest
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TyBoo

City/Region: Warrenton
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 1996
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruise Ship
Vessel Name: TyBoo
Photos: TyBoo
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of the crowd remains. Lyle and his grandson had to take off this afternoon, as did Greg and his friend on the former Laurna Jo. The new Laurna Jo is staying another night, as is Helen O, Immacu-Nada, Work Release, and of course us locals. Lynn Marie Tim is taking tomorrow morning off to go fishing, and I am going to try real hard to get the day off.

We also got a neat visit from Chuck (chuckpacific) on the dock. He couldn't make the fishing weekend, but he and his wife decided to go for a drive today, and came down our way just to say hi. Everyone else was still out on the river, but I passed along his greetings. You meet the nicest people around those C-Dorys.

Today's catch was spotty. Lyle's boat got one nice keeper, and lost another after a fierce battle and a torn up fishing pole. Diane on Immacu-Nada caught the first fish of the morning, but it was a little guy. They also caught one other almost long enough. I think Helen O got a shaker or two, and so did Lynn Marie. The TyBoo done alright, but then I had Tiffany with me. She got a 47" keeper, and old grandpa got a 58" fat guy to fill out my card on Father's Day. I can't explain why. We were all using the same bait and anchored within shouting distance. It must be the kid.

The predicted thunderstorms turned into an 80º summer day down here, and until the wind picked up it was one of the nicest water days on the river yet this year. Go figure. Just for us.

Lynn Marie

City/Region: Redmond
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 1997
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Photos: Lynn Marie
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike already said most of the good stuff about the day and the week-end and yes, I am taking the morning off to go chace another sturgeon. I can't believe that so many of these great folks are still hanging out here to spend just one more day anchored up to catch some of these fine fish.

The other reason they may all be staying over is the food. Last night was something special with Mike and Kay bringing down the oyster steamer and 3 bushels of fresh Willapa Bay oysters. Kay also had a pitcher of melted butter and fresh toasted garlic butter. You just haven't had a good supper till you've shucked steamed oysters, dipped them in drawn butter, then popped them in your waiting lips. All this took place on the party barge which was also covered with ham, chicken, chili, smoked salmon chowder, various salads, and a host of other bits and pieces put out on the table by all in attendance. What a great time. It was so good that I am going back in the morning to meet up with all that hung around.

After this week is over I'm not sure that things will completely settle down cause a few folks are talking about being here again to give things another try. I know I'll be there next week-end and there very likely will be others and even though Mike filled his tag for the year I know he hasn't limited the boat and the family so he'll be back. If there are others that couldn't make it this last week-end I'm sure you'll get another chance.

Jeff and Diane

City/Region: Renton, Washington
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 1991
Vessel Name: Immacu-Nada/"C-Spaz"
Photos: Immacu-Nada
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeff and I made it home safely. Hope that all of the travelers arrived safely. We want to extend out thanks to all of the folks that made this such a wonderful weekend Love We had plenty of Hot CoolSmile CoolSmile and we were also blessed with a Rainbow We learned so much from all of you. Tim, you were the tops for taking us out in the morning on your boat and showing us the ropes. Larry, Tim and Mike...Thanks for all of the wealth of information that you shared with us. We appreciate it. Even though we left Unlove because we did not get a keeper, we left with the desire to come back again and again to "Slay the Sturgeon" Exclamation I know it has been a dream of Jeff's to have the opportunity to do just what we did this weekend and the hospitality of "ALL" the brats from down south was tremendous! I just posted pictures in the album, but thought you might like to see what the locals provide for scenery.

A perfect Rainbow for our "Pot of Gold Weekend"

Once again Thanks!

Lyle and Brian... Your picture with "Big Bertha" is posted in the album now!

Jeff and Diane[/img]
Helen O

City/Region: Cathlamet
C-Dory Year: 1993
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Vessel Name: Helen O'
Photos: Helen O'
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made the 26 mile cruise back from Warrenton to Cathlamet in about 1 hour 45 minutes.
What a wonderful weekend! Thank you Tyboo Mike and Lynn Marie Tim for putting this gig together. We made some new friends, the potluck was outstanding and we put a sturgeon in the freezer. It doesn't get much better than that! Thumbs Up
Helen caught her sturgeon Sunday, a 47 incher. I sure hope Laurna Jo, Work Release and Imacu-Nada got into some today. What's the report, guys?

Work Release

City/Region: Everett, Wa.
C-Dory Year: 2004
Vessel Name: Work Release
Photos: Work Release
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 8:11 am    Post subject: Columbia River Strugeon Reply with quote

Hi All,
We also made it back safe and sound Monday about 3 pm, wish I could have stayed another day or two. The weather was great compared to what they had forecasted. Each day we learned a little more about this great fishery from all the guys that live down that a-way. Thanks a lot! Mike, Tim, Larry, and Lyle for your expertise. Total score for the weekend not that it matters, 40" release, and a 44 and 3/4 incher that we could not stretch that extra 1/4 inch, believe me we tried. The Saturday Potluck was great and a special thank you to Mike for suppling all the fresh oysters. I will be definitely be back to try this fishery again. I will post some pictures soon. Is there a photo album for this event?
Jim, Work Release
pgsequei

City/Region: Tampa Bay
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2003
Vessel Name: C_Angel
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All,

It was such a fun weekend, that I had to practically drag myself out of there, promising myself to come back. What a great group of people - super hospitable, friendly, and willing to show a newbie the ropes. Thanks a bunch.

Lyle- bought myself a bottle of Lemon Joy. I'm convinced that was the missing link Laughing

I'll be down there this weekend ready to go.

Greg
Work Release

City/Region: Everett, Wa.
C-Dory Year: 2004
Vessel Name: Work Release
Photos: Work Release
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 10:48 pm    Post subject: Lower Columbia Sturgeon Gathering Reply with quote

Hi All,
Just posted some pictures of the Gathering in the Event Photo Album.
Jim, Work Release
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: