The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Advice on buying an older C Dory

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> All C-Dorys, All The Time
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ubey40

City/Region: Mercer
State or Province: WI
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:59 pm    Post subject: Advice on buying an older C Dory Reply with quote

I am considering buying an older 22 foot angler or cruiser (1980-1990ish) and wonder if there are any years to steer clear from or issues I should consider. Thanks in advance for any opinions or help!
hardee

City/Region: Sequim
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Ubey40 and if you are seriously interested in a C-Dory, you have come to the right place. On this sight there is anything and everything you could want to know about C-Dorys. Most of it is here already and is fairly easily to search. Click on the "search" button and enter into the top box :

Classic AND 22 AND C-Dory AND older

OR

C-Dory AND buy AND caution

OR what ever you are looking for. Use 3, 4, 5 words, and be sure to use the capital "and" between the words. As you go, you will learn to definr your search. If you use the Goole search box, it does not necessarily only search C-Brat site.

It should be easy to bring these up as it is a common question, and frequently is brought up. There is a ton of info here, and a huge volume of willing, able and experienced folks here who will be glad to help as you go.

By the way, the pre (about 1988) are called "Classic" and are closer to the current "Angler" than to the "Cruiser". Basic difference: the Cruiser has 3 feet "extra" cabin space, and it includes a galley with heater/cook stove and sink, on the starboard side, and a rear cabin seat and a table on the port side.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

hardee

City/Region: Sequim
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ubey40. Hey, you are in luck. Jump on it. (OK, its in Florida, but so what.) If you want it it can be done.

Sorry I can't put the link in, but, go to:
1992 C-Dory - 2016 Evinrude 27.5 hours 25K

That boat is way worth th 25K.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon
Ubey40

City/Region: Mercer
State or Province: WI
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’m headed to FL for the winter and will be down there late January thru May so I’m headed your way!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> All C-Dorys, All The Time All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: