The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Experience
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> All Marinauts, All The Time
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Captains Cat

City/Region: Cod Creek>Potomac River>Chesapeake Bay
State or Province: VA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Captain's Choice II
Photos: Captain's Cat
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="chimoii"]
Yellowstone wrote:
It did make me wonder whether to split my tanks and run one motor off each, probably with a crossover in case I really lose a motor or one tank is badly contaminated. Any thoughts anyone?

No one responded to this part of your comments so I'll take a crack at it. On my CD22, I had twin 45's and they were each fed from a separate tank. I had pretty severe water problems once but I had fueled from the same source at the same time and had contamination in both so it didn't do me much good. I think if I were to do it again, I'd put in the valves to feed from either or both tanks to either or both engines, run one tank dry and never fuel both tanks from the same source at the same time.

Our TC255 has twin tanks and feeds the P/S engines from the respective tank. No way to cross connect them and it would be a PITA to pull the connector off the engine and switch to the other because of the distance apart that the engines are. Valves and piping, etc are the answer but each one introduces the possibility of a leak and gasoline isn't very forgiving. KISS is the answer!! Wink I would think that a separate small tank of known good gas with a connector that would fit your engine might be the answer Idea Question Question

Charlie

CHARLIE and PENNY CBRAT #100
Captain's Cat II 2005 22 Cruiser
Thataway (2006 TC255 - Sold Aug 2013)
Captain's Cat (2006 TC255 - Sold January 2012)
Captain's Kitten (1995 CD 16 Angler- Sold June 2010)
Captain's Choice (1994 CD 22 Cruiser- Sold Jun 2007)
Potomac River/Chesapeake Bay
K4KBA
Les Lampman
Dealer

City/Region: Whidbey Island
State or Province: WA
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:30 am    Post subject: Re: Marinaut owner's experience Reply with quote

C-Pup16 in Los Angeles wrote:
Hi Rich,

I'd love to hear your comments about your new Marinaut as you put it to use in coming years. Seems like a fine design. I'm im SoCal so I prefer a boat like the CD16 with no bulkhead to make it easier to pilot and position it while fishing. I missed the chance to buy a nice looking used Venture with cockpit controls. Too bad. Given this economy, I'll wait to see if a used CD22 Angler or Venture23 comes on the market. If not, then maybe I'll oprder a new CD or Marinaut that is customized to my uses. My credit should be beteter than the U.S. Treasury. The problem would be unloading my CD 16 for a price my dear wife won't cry over.

Keith
C-Pup16 in los Angeles

Hi Keith,

You know the aft cabin bulkhead on the Marinaut 215 is completely removable, right? That leaves the cabin wide open to the cockpit.

And customization is what we do! Gotta love a challenge. Smile

www.marinautboats.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> All Marinauts, All The Time All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: