The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

New boat canvas and radar arch questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> All C-Dorys, All The Time
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sealife

City/Region: Woodland Hills
State or Province: CA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: SeaLife
Photos: SeaLife
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 10:19 pm    Post subject: New boat canvas and radar arch questions Reply with quote

Most of the equipment on my new boat I'm sure of, but I've got questions about two items that will be quite different from what I had on Sealife.

First, on Sealife, my canvas bimini was carried, in its cover, resting forward on the cabin roof. To unfurl it, it was necessary to lift the bows out of their quick mounts on the gunwale, and snap them into a duplicate set further aft in the cockpit. It's my understanding that the new boats, equipped with canvas from King Canvas, have the bimini stowed leaning aft over the stern. Does this setup interfere with working lines aft? Are the bows attached to the gunwales by quick releases?

Second, I've ordered the high radar arch, but can have it positioned either forward or aft (aft being the most common according to the factory). Certainly if it's positioned aft, that would prevent having the bimini resting forward on the cabin top. Having it aft, provides a boarding handhold, and I assume a dingy can be slid beneath (the reason I chose the higher version). My boat will have the high top cabin. Does wieght distribution come into play? How about asthetics? My present radar support leans aft.....should the arch lean aft or forward?

SENSEI

City/Region: Stanwood
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 1995
C-Dory Model: 22 Angler
Vessel Name: SENSEI
Photos: SENSEI and SERENITY
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sealife
Here is a pic of the radar arch mounted forward on the Sensei

1993 22 Cruiser (sold 2014)
1995 22 Angler (acquired 2016)
1983 22 Classic (sold 2017)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> All C-Dorys, All The Time All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: