View previous topic :: View next topic  
captd

City/Region: Chain of Lakes
State or Province: MT
C-Dory Year: 1994
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Kon Tiki
Photos: Hunky Dory
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 10:15 am    Post subject: News from the Bahamas Reply with quote

C-Brats,
Hey!, this wireless is great. Nippers on Great Iguana has free use.
We only had one day layover in Palm Beach and a window opened up for one day so we snuck across the Golf Stream. Been here about two weeks now. Wind has been blowing from the north the last couple of days but the sun is out every day and has been warm. Wind is now switching to the East. That means diving and fishing will be great tomarrow. My familly is here and a fishing buddy will be here Tuesday. Things are looking up.
Lot of hurricane damage and prices are high.....Gas at $3.95 a gal. Good thing these C-Dorys only sip a little gas.
Should have some pictures to up load later.
Capt D

2007 25 R Ranger (Mis Dee) sold 2008
2009 25 R Ranger (Lucky Fin) sold
1994 22 ft C-Dory ( Kon Tiki )
Mr. Fisherman

State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 1995
C-Dory Model: 22 Angler
Vessel Name: Sea Lion
Photos: Sea Lion
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sure like the way the rack turned out.
How does it handle?
Have you tried the pin seat yet?
Have a great time and take lots of pics to share.

Live to Fish
Fish to Live
D5800877351

C-Dory Year: 2005
Vessel Name: N/A
Photos: D5800877351
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 12:22 am    Post subject: Re: News from the Bahamas Reply with quote

captd wrote:
Gas at $3.95 a gal.

Holy COW!!! Shocked That's some price there, Now if that where true here than it would be 1st and 2nd newborn! Hey great job, you'd think C-dory's gonna be world-conquering soon... Twisted Evil
Byrdman

City/Region: Cumberland River, Clarksville,
State or Province: WA
Vessel Name: " ? " After Rename Ceremony
Photos: FreeByrd and C-Byrd
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CPT D..... Laughing Laughing Great to see you back on Man!! I too, like Fisherman want to know how your roof rig is working out...and look forward to more post and pictures. Yes, $4 a gallon is a bit "spendy" as Red would say...but, when I compair it to how much my "LOCAL" marina charges at the pumps on the water.... it aint all bad... Then, compair it to how much a gallon of White Shoulders would cost if I had to buy a gallon of that for the wife....and, wow... that gas looks better all the time...and you can ride you boat anytime you want. Please post pics soon. Some are looking at possibly making a trip over in Apr05 for an Island Gathering. It would be a blast.
Molly Brown

City/Region: Punta Gorda
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2003
C-Dory Model: 24 Tomcat
Vessel Name: MOLLY BROWN
Photos: Molly Brown
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 6:06 am    Post subject: Bahamas Reply with quote

Cptd:
When we were in the Bahamas there had been talk of raising the entry fee to $300. What is the current fee based on your 22. How about for a 24' TomCat? We know you must be enjoying your cruise, it's the perfect place this time of year. How bad is the hurricane damage from last season? Here in South Florida I'm still working 70+ hours a week and repairs to our home are moving along at a snails pace.....Molly Brown

CaptainCook

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 11:05 am    Post subject: How Was The Crossing Reply with quote

Capt. D.

Perhaps you could share a little insight on how you gulf strem crossing have gone on you C-Dory, I am sure there are many many C-Brats who are interested in crossing to the Bahamas and would like to know how the C-Dory does crossing the Gulf? You sound like a man with plenty of expierence at it.

Thanks very much.
Valkyrie

City/Region: Loudonville
State or Province: OH
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Valkyrie II
Photos: Valkyrie
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those interested in crossing the Stream (I've done the round trip three times in sail), check out www.bootkeyharbor.com and look for crossing advice and Bahamas cruising info.

Nick
"Valkyrie"
captd

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sea Brats,
This wireless is great.
$150 which gives your cruising permit and fishing lic. for everyone on the boat. I think that covers boats to 26 ft. It stopped all the old con jobs by citizens.
The whole secret for the Gulf Stream is to wait for a good two day window and seas 1 to two ft. ( or Less). Never go with any wind out of the North or any veriation that has North in the word. We have had seas as flat as a pancake and full speed ahead. 2 and 1/2 hours you are there. April, May is a good time to go. Right now is is always windy, in fact we are waiting for the wind to die down here in Guana Cay. It has been twenty to thirty miles an hour for a couple af days.

The rack has worked really well. the fishing seat was used a coupkle of days. When I get back to Florida I will be fishing Cobia in the Gulf of Mex.
I'll post picture when I get home.
Have a good one.
Capt D.
Mr. Fisherman

C-Dory Year: 1995
C-Dory Model: 22 Angler
Vessel Name: Sea Lion
Photos: Sea Lion
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you are havin fun out there. Sure looking forward to the pics and the stories.

When will you have my rack ready?

lol
Laughing
Pat Anderson

City/Region: Birch Bay, WA
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Daydream
Photos: Daydream and Crabby Lou
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are having just about the best time of any of us! The broken Mexican weld and surf shots are nothing short of amazing. That seat up on top is a riot, love it! Hope to meet you in person one of these days...

captd wrote:
Sea Brats,
This wireless is great.
$150 which gives your cruising permit and fishing lic. for everyone on the boat. I think that covers boats to 26 ft. It stopped all the old con jobs by citizens.
The whole secret for the Gulf Stream is to wait for a good two day window and seas 1 to two ft. ( or Less). Never go with any wind out of the North or any veriation that has North in the word. We have had seas as flat as a pancake and full speed ahead. 2 and 1/2 hours you are there. April, May is a good time to go. Right now is is always windy, in fact we are waiting for the wind to die down here in Guana Cay. It has been twenty to thirty miles an hour for a couple af days.

The rack has worked really well. the fishing seat was used a coupkle of days. When I get back to Florida I will be fishing Cobia in the Gulf of Mex.
I'll post picture when I get home.
Have a good one.
Capt D.

DAYDREAM - CD25 Cruiser
CRABBY LOU - CD16 Angler (sold 2020)
Pat & Patty Anderson, C-Brat #62!
http://daydreamsloop.blogspot.com

captd

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brats,
We are now in the Black Sound on Green Turtle Cay. We are having lunch at the Green Turtle Club. Boy it is 1st class now. They have spent millions since we were here last time. Lunch has arrived.
Wireless available. and we just carry the lap top into the restaurant. Can't tell you how beutiful the reef and how clear the water is. It is like boating on gin. Water temp has been a little chilly. About 73 to 75 Degrees.
Family flew in to Marsh Harbour on the 15th. We picked them up with the Hunky Dory and took them to their cabin on Guana Cay, right next door to Nippers. They had their usual wild pig B.B.Q on Sun.
They left on the 1st of March. Now we have the tough job of slowly making our way through the Abacos toward Florida. Might take us a few weeks.
For now
Capt D.
Byrdman

City/Region: Cumberland River, Clarksville,
Vessel Name: " ? " After Rename Ceremony
Photos: FreeByrd and C-Byrd
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CPT D: Your timing coming back to the right coast is timely..... You should throw her on the trailer, come on up to my family area for the Nashville/Mt. Juliet cruise and share some of your lastest adventures with us. Wanderer is coming up from the Marathon, FL area end of month Mar. Basically, several of us are going to be in the Cumberland River System for a week or three, most in the water around 31Mar or 1Apr, with a night in Nashville at the Grand Ol'Opry on the evening of 2Apr05. Come join us and wash the salt off... I will be off the net from12-26Mar05...in Tahiti with Sherryl. Truly looking forward to seeing some more pics.... Byrdman on FreeByrd in Bama. Cheers and Safe Passage!
captd

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the offer Byrdman, we would have enjoyed that. But we are running to late to get it done. It is now the 5th. We are back in Florida. We had an easy crossing of the Gulf Stream. It took us 3 hours and 10 minutes. Had to do some Grouper fishing out of Crystal River with a friend. We caught about a dozen, but they were all shorts. One day we caught eight keepers of sea Trout. We are heading for Panama City and will spend a few days fishing for Grouper and Cobia. That will be the first good tryout of the roof seat. I hope to have some good pictures of fish. So far nothing to brag about. Guess I could always make up a few good lies. Xmas LOL
Byrdman, Should be up through that area in the next couple of weeks. We want to stop at the Myacht houseboat factory in Springfield, Mo.
Capt D
El and Bill

City/Region: Lakewood, CO
State or Province: CO
C-Dory Year: 2000
Vessel Name: Halcyon
Photos: Halcyon
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Capt D --
Glad you had such a good run to and fro and within the Bahamas. If you are coming up through Tennessee, put up a posting. There are three boats running down the Cumberland now, and should be near Nashville tomorrow and Paducah, KY near weekend. Would look forward to seeing you guys again. Best wishes.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: