The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

6" nitrile O-Rings

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Hull, Deck and Fittings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
richnkay

City/Region: Greenville
State or Province: SC
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Annalee
Photos: Annalee
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:46 pm    Post subject: 6" nitrile O-Rings Reply with quote

I found that a couple of the o rings on my 6" Tempress brand screw on deck plates were split, there are 4 plates in the cockpit of my 25 cruiser. The Tempress web site sells replacement rings for $1.50 each plus shipping. Feeling a little victimized by that I checked with marcorubber.com and found they have the nitrile gas/chemical resistant rings, also called buna-n, at a much more reasonable cost, the more you buy the less per unit. i.e. 20 rings at .50 each, 40 at .40 each.

Before I order any I wanted to see if anyone else was interested in replacements or spares. If there is any interest I will order the number indicated. I can then mail the o-rings to those wanting them and you can send me the cost after you receive them, probably at around .40 cents each. (marcorubber ring size is -163)

I guess anyone interested can let me know on this thread or through a PM.
Or if anyone has a better idea for getting a couple o-rings at a fair cost please let me know. Like a lot of others I live a ways away from a city and just cannot find a 6 inch o-ring anywhere, the local farm/tractor suppliers don't stock them but can order them for me. I will be better off ordering them on line myself.

Regards, Rich

thataway

City/Region: Pensacola
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: thataway
Photos: Thataway
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your prices seem very good. When I have odd size "O" rings I go to our local "rubber company" who makes gaskets, hyraulic hoses etc--and they were less than a dollar each--made on the spot.
Thisaway 2006 22' CDory November 2011 to May 2018
Caracal 18 140 Suzuki 2007 to present
Thataway TomCat 255 150 Suzukis June 2006 thru August 2011
C Pelican; 1992, 22 Cruiser, 2002 thru 2006
Frequent Sea; 2003 C D 25, 2007 thru 2009
KA6PKB
Home port: Pensacola FL
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Hull, Deck and Fittings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: