The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Anchorage AK fiberglass repair

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Hull, Deck and Fittings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hankbaca

City/Region: anchorage
State or Province: AK
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:24 pm    Post subject: Anchorage AK fiberglass repair Reply with quote

hi, anyone know of a good fiberglass repair shop in the Anchorage AK area? i just need some scratches filled on a 1982 22' classic we bought last fall. no major modifications planned. i'm having trouble finding a local shop. thanks
T.R. Bauer

City/Region: Wasilla
C-Dory Year: 1993
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: C-Whisperer
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When my trailer broke and it damaged the boat, the only place the insurance company really wanted us to go was Alaska Performance RV and Marine. I had never used them, as I had used a shop out here in the valley, but our agent convinced me otherwise. I'm glad I listened as they matched the gel coat perfectly and did a good as new job. It takes a lot to impress me and I was impressed. There was one downfall. They were so stinking busy with fiberglass repair work that it took 6 weeks to get it in. But with that said, it was worth every minute of waiting as you can't even tell it happened.
Aiviq

City/Region: Juba
C-Dory Year: 1985
C-Dory Model: 27 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Aiviq
Photos: Aiviq
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would second Mr. Bauer on Ak Performance RV and Marine. I actually haven't used them for my boat. But they did a good job on my 5th wheel trailer:

Alaska Performance RV & Marine Inc

907-522-8965p 907-522-5975f

www.alaskaperformancerv.com
Nainu

City/Region: Anchorage
C-Dory Year: 1991
Vessel Name: Nainu
Photos: Nainu
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finesse Fiberglass from the valley although he did a lot of work in Anchorage and Whittier, if he is still in business. Fixed a cracked transom for me about ten years ago and it is stronger and looks better than when it left the factory. Stronger part wasn't too hard as factory just filled top of transom with putty - one of my few construction complaints about C-Dory.
rip@chugach.net

City/Region: Girdwood
C-Dory Year: 1982
C-Dory Model: 22 Classic
Photos: Rip (TBD)
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CAC Plastics in Wasilla at 907 376-7111 talk to Tom
I had my '82 Transom replaced by these guys, they are awesome !!!
Great at smaller fiberglass projects as well... I had them build me new kicker mount, instal new anchor roller and redo fiberglass under new roller and build cleaning table that comes off the transom...

This is who the dealers (AMDS) use, and have a outstanding reputation.

I hate to be negative, but I wish someone would have told me to never use "Storm Chasers" in Seward, these folks drilled 4 holes in the side of my boat to install trim tabs, who puts trim tabs on the side of boats above waterline, they did a awful job trying to cover up the mistake, and did everything they could not to tell me. CDC ended up re-fixing the holes. The one thing that bothered me most about Storm Chasers was the lack of communication and dishonesty...

PM if you have more questions or concerns.
T.R. Bauer

City/Region: Wasilla
C-Dory Year: 1993
Vessel Name: C-Whisperer
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are very good too. They helped me with my old bayliner a couple of times.
hankbaca

City/Region: anchorage
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all the replies. AK Performance RV and Marine said they don't do boat work anymore and referred me to CAC.

Has anyone had work done by E&R in Chugiak?
KickerDRB

City/Region: Anchorage
Photos: RayAnn
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:52 pm    Post subject: Fiberglass Repair in Anchorage Alaska Reply with quote

All,

I just had some work done on the RayAnn by Joel Morse owner of Ashbreez boatworks in Anchorage, Alaska. 907 529-1907

He repainted the bottom, buffed the hull and cabin, touched up some gel coat dings here and there and filled some holes in the cockpit and rail from the previous owners adventures in hardware mounting.

Joel delivered what he promised, on time and on cost with no surprizes. He kept me in the loop during the repairs and exceeded my expectations in work quality and value.

He is also looking into spraying Mascoat insulation as part of his service line. If there are any C-brats in the Anchorage area that would like to show off their Mascoat jobs, give him a call or drop me a line. He would like to see what the final product looks like and how it is holding up to wear and tear.

fyi, no relation or financial interest, just thought I would pass on some info about a good guy to work with.

Regards,
Dave
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Hull, Deck and Fittings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: